New Canadian Ticket Offer *CONFIRMED*

Just pulled the trigger and bought DL tickets! We had planned to skip next year but I figure we might as well get one more trip in before SW land opens. We’ll be skipping 2019 to hopefully allow some of the SW crowds to die down a bit.

Last edited:
Is it better to take advantage of the 20% off or get the cheapest annual pass? We are DVC members so we can get the gold pass, but it has block out days. The 20% off doesn't has block out days does it?

Will we be able to book these in a combo package? Or just stand alone like last time?
During last year's discount our kids joined us and their "packages" obviously included the discounted tickets -- i had a friend price out exactly the same package and it was (oh i can't remember the exact number at first, was it 25%??) cheaper than HERS. Also, our daughter & her wife wanted to stay in a resort that wasn't included in the "Stay Play & Dine" offer and it was pieced together for me! I just called and explained what i wanted to do and it was done.
You can always piece together what is referred to as a "Ticketless Package" so long as you have booked the room thru Disney directly -- only way you can do it is over the phone.

Is it better to take advantage of the 20% off or get the cheapest annual pass? We are DVC members so we can get the gold pass, but it has block out days. The 20% off doesn't has block out days does it?

No Black-out days, they are straight up tickets with the only difference being you need to prove you're Canadian!

Could you buy these at discount and upgrade a 10 day ticket to an annual pass?

I have a 14 day trip booked under a Magic Your Way package currently. I intend to get in on free dining if possible when it is offered come April. Is it possible to have the Canadian discounted ticket price added into FD offers or MYW? Or is it just when buying tickets only?

Thanks for the help

Unless there is a change in WDW policy, for Free Dining, you must purchase a non-discounted hotel plus ticket package to qualify. Minimum number of days on the ticket is 2.

I bought them direct from the Disney World site for WDW and they were 217 with tax each approx

Odd. I'm not sure what you bought. Price direct from WDW is for a 2-day adult base ticket is $211.94. Child ticket is less, and hoppers would be much more.

Untitled.jpeg

In any event, it's a small difference, and the principle remains the same. Upgrade should be fine. Best of luck!

Not going to the parks in 2018 but would really like to take advantage of this promo, so if I buy this tickets I only pay the difference in 2019 right?...but and its a big BUT I can't book fastpasses right?

I don't think anyone knows yet whether you will be able to book fastpasses against expired media. My guess is yes, but it's only that: a guess. More significantly though, you will gain no advantage buying tickets now for 2019. Disney will not price bridge discounted tickets (or any ticket bought directly from them). So yes, you will only pay the difference in 2019, but that will be the difference between what you paid and whatever the gate price is at that time. In other words, you'll lose the discount.

Is it better to take advantage of the 20% off or get the cheapest annual pass?

You'd have to run the numbers. If you're only planning a single trip, the discounted tickets will be cheaper for sure. I talked myself into Gold APs last year, and they've worked out well for us, but that was when the 13-month AP special was in effect, so we could get two March trips off one AP. And then we threw in a short October trip, because, after all, we could stay on DVC points and we already had the APs, right? But the truth is we've spent way more at Disney this year than we would have if we'd just bought Canadian Resident tickets. It was a conscious choice, but definitely not a way to save money.

Could you buy these at discount and upgrade a 10 day ticket to an annual pass?

You could, but again, no advantage. You'll only get credit on the upgrade for what you actually paid, so you'll lose the discount. Better strategy for saving on an AP upgrade is to buy the most heavily discounted ticket you can find at a reseller website (discounted by the reseller, not by Disney), and use that for your upgrade.

I am absolutely green with this board but not with WDW. Been over 60 times. Don’t know who this will help but here goes.

Last spring there was great ticket offer. I decided to take the family to Ft. Wilderness over Christmas. At that time I could only get a few nights. The Guest Relations agent said book them, get 7 day pass, and deal with it over the summer as days open.

Long story short, my wife has stage 4 Cancer and this will be a very important trip. Disney stepped up and made sure we had seven nights over Christmas. I added a boyfriend to the group and added another 7 day ticket well after the promo ended. No problem we will make it the same as others. On October 30 I had them upgrade all to park hopper tickets. It was an iincrease but less than $100 for each of the seven day passes.

Today I called to make final payment. I can’t find a detailed invoice of what was the campground vs the tickets, I asked the agent what it would look like with the new deal. Answer was it would be over 200$ more.

So I am guessing they upgraded to park hopper and kept the original discount in tact. Just thought I would share if this helps anybody else.

I am absolutely green with this board but not with WDW. Been over 60 times. Don’t know who this will help but here goes.

Last spring there was great ticket offer. I decided to take the family to Ft. Wilderness over Christmas. At that time I could only get a few nights. The Guest Relations agent said book them, get 7 day pass, and deal with it over the summer as days open.

Long story short, my wife has stage 4 Cancer and this will be a very important trip. Disney stepped up and made sure we had seven nights over Christmas. I added a boyfriend to the group and added another 7 day ticket well after the promo ended. No problem we will make it the same as others. On October 30 I had them upgrade all to park hopper tickets. It was an iincrease but less than $100 for each of the seven day passes.

Today I called to make final payment. I can’t find a detailed invoice of what was the campground vs the tickets, I asked the agent what it would look like with the new deal. Answer was it would be over 200$ more.

So I am guessing they upgraded to park hopper and kept the original discount in tact. Just thought I would share if this helps anybody else.
I believe it’s because the tickets you bought were at a 25% discount and this years deal is 20% plus ticket prices have probably slightly increased since last year. These new tickets bought from Disney website can have the hopper option added on as well! Have a fabulous trip!!!!

I'm so excited to save on our tickets!!! Will make up for our declining loonie Can you change an existing package online for the discount?

Anyone with a wild guess as to when Airmiles might have these discounted tickets? It looks like this offer might be the thing that pushes us over to a late summer 2018 trip! Between Mexico in March, an orchestra trip to Whistler for DS (and me!) in April, a possible Vancouver (to see P!nk if I can get vaguely decent $ tickets) for me and my sister in law in May and a planned trip to Ontario in July, our travel budget for 2018 is stretched pretty thin. We had already decided that we were going to skip next year by this new deal is really tempting us!

Anyone with a wild guess as to when Airmiles might have these discounted tickets? It looks like this offer might be the thing that pushes us over to a late summer 2018 trip! Between Mexico in March, an orchestra trip to Whistler for DS (and me!) in April, a possible Vancouver (to see P!nk if I can get vaguely decent $ tickets) for me and my sister in law in May and a planned trip to Ontario in July, our travel budget for 2018 is stretched pretty thin. We had already decided that we were going to skip next year by this new deal is really tempting us!

Last year, I know discounted Disneyland tickets were available through Airmiles in the middle of November. That's when I noticed Airmiles had reduced their prices, they probably had reduced them sometime prior to that date. The airmiles discount on 5 day Disneyland parkhoppers was around 23.6%, so not quite as good as the 25% cash discount, but still pretty good.

I assume the Airmiles website should be updated with new prices fairly soon, maybe on the weekend or Monday. I need to buy 4 tickets, so I'll be checking the Airmiles website every day until prices are reduced. If (hopefully, "when") Airmiles reduces their prices, I'll post the info in this forum, assuming no one else has posted the info yet.

If we purchase these tickets and then a rack rate room, will Disney allow us to add the Dining Plan since we're not technically buying a package?

If we purchase these tickets and then a rack rate room, will Disney allow us to add the Dining Plan since we're not technically buying a package?

I believe you can always have a rack rate room and dining plan (no tickets required) however you do have to call to book this "ticketless package". I don't see how this would be different.

Does anyone know if these tickets have an expiry?
From the Disney website:

Important Multi-Day Ticket Details

Prices for Canada Residents
Item(s) are priced for Canada residents only. All adult Guests who will use Canada resident tickets or passes must present valid proof of Canadian residency that includes a government-issued photo ID prior to first use. If the Guest selects Will Call as the delivery method, adult Guests must present valid proof of Canadian residency that includes a government-issued photo ID to exchange the Will Call certificate for a valid ticket at the theme park window or Guest Relations prior to first use. Tickets and any options purchased must be used within 14 days of first use. The first use must be on or before December 31, 2018.

Gah! We purchased tickets a few weeks ago for a January trip. And bought the tickets through Undercover Tourist. UT has a refund policy, so even with their 5% refund fee, we'd still save some money. The catch: our tickets seem to be lost in the mail!!! UT sent me a photocopy of the tickets, but they won't refund them without the originals. I'd happily send them the originals, but they've never arrived!

It's not a significant amount (about $120 USD), but still, I'm not happy :mad:

I'm really hoping that the tickets show up sometime soon.

I just bought tickets from undercover tourist too! I bought them Oct 28 and received them Oct 31, which I thought was pretty awesome, until I saw the Canadian ticket offer the next day... argh! but I bought 10 tickets (going with extended family) so refunding them at 95% will still save us over $450 US! Definitely worth it. But losing them in the mail would be a bit devastating...
Quick2blush - I hope your tickets turn up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!