New Canadian Ticket Offer *CONFIRMED*

pangyal

#TeamSven
So...I was searching Google to see whether I could find anything on the rumour mill network for a new Canadian ticket discount, and there was one result that came up under a link...that was a “sorry, this Offer is not available” page when I clicked, but the text underneath on the google search results page said this:

“With this offer, Canadian residents can save 20% on the advance purchase of 4-day or longer Walt Disney World theme park tickets from 11/1/17 to 2/10/18“

Is it possible this is already hard coded into the Disney website and they are going to announce it on Wednesday? How cool would this be?!?

ETA- it would in fact be very cool and is indeed! Details were announced today.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/special-offers/multi-day-tickets/

Last edited:
If you do a google search it comes up but it is exactly as you say, when you click on the link it says offer is not available. Guess we will find out on Wednesday.

Last edited:
Nice find!!! The content description in the source code for the "Not Available" web page is the wording you mentioned, so that's why it's showing up in the Google search description. I'll stay tuned for Wednesday!!!

Oh wow, this would be awesome!

When you think about it, our dollar has crept up a bit so it would kind of make sense to offer the 20% off rather than the 25% that the exchange was (approx) when the last offer happened.

Fingers crossed!

Very interesting. I also wonder if they would they would just be for travel during this time or non-expiring again.

this would be great :) And I hope we see discounted tickets on the air miles site again.

Edit: It looks like you're onto something! Here's a screen shot of the google result (the top one when I search "Disney World Canadian discount"). It took me to a Goofy "this page doesn't exist" message on the Disney site, but guessing by the dates we might see something go live tomorrow!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.17.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.17.12 AM.png
    123.8 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

They're hinting about it on their Facebook page this morning. Details will be released tomorrow. This is good because it looks like the dollar is going to keep falling.

I wonder if that means that people will be able to upgrade their old Canadian special tickets, then.

Hmm...wonder if it will be offered at Disneyland again like the last one? We are heading there for March break 2018 instead of Florida this time!

I wonder if that means that people will be able to upgrade their old Canadian special tickets, then.

Probably. Of course last year's Canadian Resident tickets are upgradable now; it's just expensive, because they won't price-bridge discounted tickets, and our upgrade options are currently limited to regular gate price tickets. If a new deal is released, I'd guess the upgrade options would include the new, lower priced tickets, for as long as the promotion runs. You'd have to be at WDW before early February to take advantage of it though, and I bet the new tickets will carry an expiry date.

As a comparison, I was able to upgrade my DVC Gold Annual Passes to Platinum Plus at no cost a few weeks ago, because Disney released a special offer allowing DVC members to get the Platinum Pass for the same price as Gold. People were also able to upgrade last year's Canadian Resident tickets at the Canadian Resident price while the promotion was still in effect. So the precedent of allowing the use of a "special offer" on an upgrade definitely exists.

I'm so happy about this! We took advantage of the Disneyland ticket discount this year and I'd love to see them offer it again. I regretted not purchasing some of the non expiring WDW tickets when they offered them this year so I'm hoping they offer those again.

I'm so happy about this! We took advantage of the Disneyland ticket discount this year and I'd love to see them offer it again. I regretted not purchasing some of the non expiring WDW tickets when they offered them this year so I'm hoping they offer those again.

I stocked up with 3 sets of tickets last time and will likely buy more if the deal comes back. We know the tickets are only going to get more expensive.

I stocked up with 3 sets of tickets last time and will likely buy more if the deal comes back. We know the tickets are only going to get more expensive.
Smart!! I plan to do the same this time if it’s the same kind of deal.

Well, we are at WDW right now and if a special is announced tomorrow, we are going to ask at Guest Services to see if we can upgrade to a parkhopper at the normal price for the last 3 days of our trip. I will keep everyone posted as to what is said.

Last edited:
It would be great as I need a second DLR ticket for our April trip (just ordered one 3 weeks ago from AM).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter