New camper

Briantn

Earning My Ears
Look like were going from a 28 ft Travel trailer toy hauler to a 40 ft 5th wheel toy hauler! We have stayed in the 200 loop a few times and I really don't think I want to pull this thing through that loop. I am looking for any recommendation of a loop thats large rv friendly. Loop location is not that important as we will have bikes to get around on.

The full 1600 - 1900 and the premium 400 -1300 are much more big rig friendly over 100 -300. 1400 being a loop in a loop to me is not as big rig friendly.

You will love your toyhauler. We love ours. We stayed in the 1600 look and it fit fine.

I have seen a Vengeance Toy Hauler back in the 1400 loops. Premium will do you fine. The biggest issue I have found in Disney and most other campgrounds is what is across the road from where you are backing in. Your truck has to swing to follow your trailer back in to the site and that is where one usually has a problem, trucks parked on the apron of a site, garbage cans, electrical boxes......you get the idea.

Enjoy the new trailer.

Congrats on the new camper.

I also sized myself out of the Preferred sites that I really love. I went from a 30 ft 5er to a 42 ft 5er. You will fit in the Premium loops. I have been considering the Full loops lately. I like the openness of the Fulls.

j

Agree with all above, stay with full hookup or premium and you'll be good. the preferred loops are just too tight. Not saying you can't, but certainly a lot of difference as far as room to move goes.

Which Toy Hauler did U get? We have a Cyclone. In Nov-Dec we were put in site 1320. It is on a curve - with the road not that wide, golf carts parked close to the road & trucks, Arnold had a rough time backing in. A neighbor helped him get it in. Hope you enjoy your Toy Hauler.

Hello! We stayed at The Fort this summer for our first trip with our 42' 5th wheel. I pull it with a Ram 3500 dually, 8' bed Quad cab. In years past, we have stayed in our pop-up, a 31' class C, and a 35' class A. By far, The Fort has generally been the least difficult for getting into a site when the site is sized properly. Anyone who has ever had a Thousand Trails membership will probably agree. That being said, my navigator/reservation expert (and mother to my children, so I shall be nice) reserved a full hook up site. The Cast Member at the gate was wonderful, but could only refer me to their map when I inquired as to whether we could fit. So, off we went. Needless to say, we did not fit. We drove throughout the campground looking for a site, and called the front a few times. Eventually, they sent a crew of 2 AMAZING Cast Members to help us back in. They, too, discovered that we wouldn't fit. One of the Cast Members called the office, spoke for 5 minutes, and had a site hand selected for us. We followed her over, she got us backed in (I didn't need help this time! ) and we talked about our dogs for 20 minutes (bloodhound owners).
I must mention that during our search, we drove through most of the loops,while still towing the trailer, looking for a site. I was on constant lookout for trash cans and golf carts, but never got uncomfortable.
By the way, please pardon my mindless rambling. It's my first post.

Last edited:
CarPar,

:welcome:

Great first post! Most of the Fort was laid out years before these mega-campers we have were thought of. They have done a good job trying to keep up, making some of the loops more accommodating, but as you discovered, it can still be a challenge.

j

We get a premium, 35' Fifth wheel. We like the room. No problem backing in unless site across has truck parked sideways. We've had the 800 loop the last couple of trips, nice sites.

:welcome:

CarPar, Teamubr is right, Fort Wilderness was designed long before 40'+ trailers. I can remember going to RV shows and drooling over 21' prowler tail draggers hoping to someday have one. Now we have a 35' Cougar 5er and love it!

Last trip to the Fort we got assigned a site in the 1300 loop. Mind you have a 43 ft fifth wheel and a Chevy Crew Cab DRW that we were towing with. Got to the site and after 15 mins of jockeying, decided we could not get in, due to a electrical post on the other side of the road. Went back to the front desk and they assigned us a site in the 1100 loop which was a bit easier to get in, even with the garbage cans across from us.

OUTSTANDING!!! Always thought 700 loop is big rig friendly for backing in and haven't seen too many issues with vehicles being parked close to road thus interfering as one drives through the loop.

OUTSTANDING!!! Always thought 700 loop is big rig friendly for backing in and haven't seen too many issues with vehicles being parked close to road thus interfering as one drives through the loop.

700 is our choice, only had an issue once with a truck across from us, almost gave up but took a "cool off" lap and approached from a flatter angle, nailed it in one motion

700 loop.jpg

We are not small either, 38ft fifth wheel with a Ram Mega Cab. One year they gave us a site on the inside of the loop in the 1000 loop. It was tough to get in making that tight turn and almost as tough to get out. Now we ask for the 1200 or 1300 on the outside of the loop. On the curve it is almost a straight in shot. I usually show up with just my dog (she doesn't give good directions) but I also have a rear view camera on my camper. Usually a couple of shots and we are in business.

Thanks for all the info. We were in loop 200 last year with our 28 ft we had no problems at all but I could put that thing anywhere I wanted. We did have a issue when we were leaving with parked trucks but this 5th wheel is a MONSTER compaired to the TT toy hauler we had.

Thanks for all the info. We were in loop 200 last year with our 28 ft we had no problems at all but I could put that thing anywhere I wanted. We did have a issue when we were leaving with parked trucks but this 5th wheel is a MONSTER compaired to the TT toy hauler we had.

Wiping my brow, whhheeeeww. Thankfully my combination is not a monster !!!:rotfl2:

In fact I believe BamaEd called it a tweety bird.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter