New attraction in Adventureland

My sister worked there during the winter of 2014, or when Frozen had just come out. She said nothing Frozen stayed on the shelves. Also witnessed a fight breakout over a restock on the dresses.
Hearing you say that though makes me surprised they haven’t put Moana in as a meet n greet yet, not even Maui! But then again Nick and Judy still aren’t
Disney wasn't even prepared for the Frozen Frenzy. It was insane. Nothing Frozen could be kept on shelves anywhere. I think they've been trying to prepare for Frozen-level craziness with every new release and it just hasn't happened. I still haven't seen Zootopia because my kids find it boring and turn it off every time. I was less than impressed with Moana. It was OK. I think I expected more.

When we were there a couple of weeks ago there were several little girls dressed as Moana, but not nearly the number of Annas/Elsas that existed even in 2015, two full years after release. This time next year, I doubt Moana merch will take up much space on the shelves at at all.

Disney wasn't even prepared for the Frozen Frenzy. It was insane. Nothing Frozen could be kept on shelves anywhere. I think they've been trying to prepare for Frozen-level craziness with every new release and it just hasn't happened. I still haven't seen Zootopia because my kids find it boring and turn it off every time. I was less than impressed with Moana. It was OK. I think I expected more.

When we were there a couple of weeks ago there were several little girls dressed as Moana, but not nearly the number of Annas/Elsas that existed even in 2015, two full years after release. This time next year, I doubt Moana merch will take up much space on the shelves at at all.
I don't think even Disney knew how popular that movie would be. I remember at the time thinking it looked awful based on the commercials. A lot of the pre-release focus was on Olaf. It was not marketed very well.

I disliked Frozen even before I knew it would ruin my favorite Epcot land. I have nothing against anyone that loves it though. I never realized that it was somehow bad to admit to being a Frozen fan.

Moana would be great in MK. It's a shame that casting is so difficult because a character meal would be fun.

I don't know, I think that finally the powers that be might be catching on that if there is the slightest flicker of a hit, they need to get on the ball instead of waiting to let the movie die before they create a ride. I can totally see them making some sort of Moana ride. Ever since old Harry Potter showed up over there, the folks at Disney have been on the move and mixing it up. Besides, I always thought it was stupid that they wait around to SEE if a movie is going to have staying power instead of creating a ride and INSURING that it does. Now would be the BEST time to make a Moana ride and create even more of a buzz about it. I mean it all goes hand in hand. You ride a ride and enjoy it...makes those that haven't seen the movie more interested etc...Disney has always done some of the most bass akwards things. Use your own IP and quit flooding the parks with other peoples crap! But that's a rant for another day....

I don't think even Disney knew how popular that movie would be. I remember at the time thinking it looked awful based on the commercials. A lot of the pre-release focus was on Olaf. It was not marketed very well.

and when Frozen first came out there were tons of complaints that there was little to no merchandise and what was there they would run out of, etc. - Disney was scrambling to react to its popularity

I don't know, I think that finally the powers that be might be catching on that if there is the slightest flicker of a hit, they need to get on the ball instead of waiting to let the movie die before they create a ride. I can totally see them making some sort of Moana ride. Ever since old Harry Potter showed up over there, the folks at Disney have been on the move and mixing it up. Besides, I always thought it was stupid that they wait around to SEE if a movie is going to have staying power instead of creating a ride and INSURING that it does. Now would be the BEST time to make a Moana ride and create even more of a buzz about it. I mean it all goes hand in hand. You ride a ride and enjoy it...makes those that haven't seen the movie more interested etc...Disney has always done some of the most bass akwards things. Use your own IP and quit flooding the parks with other peoples crap! But that's a rant for another day....

I think the key is to make a great ride ... a strong IP can save a really bad ride only so much and a great ride can be great for a long time even with a weak IP (I mean, most people have never seen Song of the South but still love Splash Mountain)

With the new patent that they filed mentioning Spiderman and Tarzan, is it possible Disney could use it as an opportunity to bring another IP into MK and put Tarzan in Adventureland? The ride system looks pretty incredible so putting it on both coasts with different IPs may not be a bad idea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter