New Aladdin show for Disneyland's California Adventure!!!

CathyCanada

<font color=teal>The <b>Fluffy</b> Former Webmaste
Would like to see it at WDW too!
CC

NEW YORK (Variety) -- Disney's "Aladdin" is the latest animated feature to get the theater treatment. But its magic carpet isn't destined for Broadway. The new stage musical is the first major project on Anne Ham-burger's slate as executive VP of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts. "Aladdin" opens Dec. 9 at Disney's California Adventure in Anaheim. With the original film score by Alan Menken, Howard Ashman and Tim Rice, the show has been given a new book by Chad Beguelin ("The Rhythm Club") and will be presented under the direction of opera helmer Francesca Zambello. Choreography is by Lynne Taylor-Corbett, who staged "Swing!" on Broadway. As for taking "Aladdin" beyond the Disney theme parks, Hamburger didn't rule it out. "That is up to Tom Schumacher and Michael Eisner. If it works to make it into a two-hour show and take it to Broadway, they will," she said. "But my focus is on the theme parks." Zambello's participation continues the House of Mouse's recent tradition of putting cutting-edge directors, such as Julie Taymor ("The Lion King") and Matthew Bourne ("The Little Mermaid"), in charge of its legit productions. Reviled or lauded for her bizarre interpretations of classic operas, Zambello will stage Hector Berlioz's five-hour-plus extravaganza "Les Troyens" at the Metro-politan Opera this season. "Aladdin" will be performed multiple times in the park, seven days a week, employ-ing two casts and crews.

Well I guess I will have to venture out that way one day! I always thought the music would do great on stage, but wasn't sure how you would do Abu (sp?) or the Genie.

I'd like to see it at WDW too, it sounds great!

Now thats a show I'd like to see. If it doesnt go to WDW then I'll never get to I suppose.

Interesting!! That'd be great to see. :)

Is this taking the place of BLAST at the Hyperion Theater?

We need bodies in DCA, so I hope they just keep it here in DLR.

I apologize for being selfish!!!

Ooh I love Aladdin! I hope they add it to WDW, I'd love to see it!

yeah I was wondering the same thing..is it replacing Blast! b/c that show is amazing!!

I have a feeling anything would be better than that Steps in Time show! :rolleyes: I saw the pics and read many reviews of it and it sounded horrible!!

they need something like that at WDW!

Just imagine attendance if they put on a shortened Lion KIng show at the Hyperion!!!!!

I might be there every weekend I am not working.

Yes, DCA actually terminated its contract with Blast early so they could put on this show. Let's hope it's at least as good as Blast. I'm not holding my breath. I read somewhere else that this show has no genie. Aladdin without a genie? Isn't Anne Hamburger is the same person who brought us Steps in Time?

Also, wouldn't a Lilo and Stitch show have been more timely?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter