Never wanted to visit Disney, now converted

eclipsedisney

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

I am a new member to the DISBoards and a pretty new Disney Fan as well! I have always loved the movies but I never wanted to visit the parks. I always thought they would not be worth the money, too hot, and overly crowded. Finally, I let me wife talk me into going - one time - and now I am hooked! Disney really brings out the kid in everyone! We now are pass-holders and are planning our third trip in just a couple of weeks.

I was the same way. I waited until I had a child before I would even consider going. We brought my DD when she was six because I felt obligated as a parent to bring her to WDW once.

Our one-and-done trip to WDW became the first of many. We have added Disneyland in California to our obsession.

Hi All,

I am a new member to the DISBoards and a pretty new Disney Fan as well! I have always loved the movies but I never wanted to visit the parks. I always thought they would not be worth the money, too hot, and overly crowded. Finally, I let me wife talk me into going - one time - and now I am hooked! Disney really brings out the kid in everyone! We now are pass-holders and are planning our third trip in just a couple of weeks.

I absolutely know the feeling! I always thought WDW was a kiddie place, expensive and not worth it. I thought that if I made it, it would be a one time thing for my (future) kids and that´s all. When they opened Harry Potter land in Universal it made me want to go to Orlando and see it, my cousin and his fiancée invited me on their trip and I thought "well, we´ll be in Orlando, might as well go to Disney". Needless to say WDW got me way more hooked! It´s a magical place of fantasy and joy and I never know how much I needed that in my life... now I´m the crazy Disney fanatic in the family, always planning our next trip :crazy:

Hi All,

Glad you loved it! Recently had my first trip in a long time and I'm re-addicted and can't wait to go back now. lol

lol, me too! i m a big fraidy cat. but you can go on less scary rides first then gradually go on more exciting rides.

I never really cared to take my kids to WDW. I liked it fine as a kid but there’s so many other vacations I wanted to take my family on. Kids convinced us to take a short trip down. Now we are on our third year in a row. We still travel elsewhere every year, we just make sure to fit in some Disney too.

We have taken our second set of kids every year for the past 4 years. Our first set of kids have never been its funny how things work. We have decided to take them, giving them the tickets this christmas. They dont get it yet, they still think Disney world is just a amusement park just wait.. ...

We felt similar. Being from the UK and growing up in the 70s, the magic kingdom seemed a far away dream. When our DD was 7, we felt we ‘should’ take her although I wasn’t keen on missing out on my annual beach holiday in Europe! Our 1st visit in 2008 exceeded all our expectations. We were hooked. We visited twice more after that ( 2010 & 2012) before price increases pushed it out of our reach. DD is now 19 and we have just booked to return for our 4th visit. We are beyond excited and are living everyone’s experiences through their vlogs on YouTube to get as many advice and tips as possible as well as reading all the tips on here of course! 280 days until we return to the happiest place on earth! 😊

One of us...One of us...One of us. Went once as a child, it was ok, but it wasn't a disney only trip so we rushed through a lot of what the park had to offer. Didn't go back for another 15 years. Went back and i loved every minute of the extended trip and how much it made my then gf, now wife, happy. I love the planning, getting excited for the rides, food, and experiences we will do when we go next. We try to do something new each trip to keep it fresh and make new memories each time.

We went to Disneyland in late September with our four and one year old and decided we would do another trip next year.. here we are one month later and planning a trip to WDW for March 😂

Hi All,

Awesome post! Pull up a chair, you are amongst friends here.

Hi All,

My dad and I were one and done on our first adult trip. Going on our third. Got some custom buttons from a website celebrating our fourth trip overall (went once as a kid but all I remember is riding Dumbo & Peter Pan).

It took having a kid of my own to convert me, and I am a full convert now. Most magical place on earth even in July lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!