Never thought I would be at OSU campus this weekend.

NeedaVacation03

<font color=green>My first pair of real sneakers c
I know that title doesnt really seem to fit, but....
My dad has throat cancer and was in terrible pain in his leg on Thursday afternoon. So I took him to the local smaller ER for treatment as his doctor advised. Well, they could not help him and transferred him by ambulance to Ohio State University. This was OSU/Michigan weekend and we never imagined we would be there for that. :teeth: We had to keep our sense of humor somehow and if you knew our family you would know we avoid OSU on game day like the plague.
But the truth is it was very frightening. My dad had several clots in this leg and they did remove them on Friday. They have to do more searching for additonal clots on Monday,(they do not want them to brake off and go to the brain.) The hospital was kind of a ghost town on Saturday, no doctors around. So any non emergency treatment was postponed until Monday. Now tonight he has additional bleeding so he is back on bedrest until they can do additional testing tomorrow.
I am a very factual kind of person and do not do emotional things very well, so it has been a long few days. I am trying to be there for my dad, but I am more of a doer than a Florence Nightengale, but I am trying.
It is very hard when you have a father whos only normal emotion is stern(lifetime military),when he is afraid. Those are things you never want to experience.
Sorry this is so long and kindof rambles.
Thank you all for sharing your stories, even though I can not always add responses you are all in my thoughts and prayers. :grouphug:

What a weekend! I know you must be drained, physically and emotionally. I am so glad they were able to remove the clots, and I know they'll take care of any others problems on Monday. Try to get some rest. You and your father will be in my prayers.

Sending hugs. Dealing with blood clots can be very scary. Please come here and talk about it.

Hugs to you.. I can only imagine what you went through this weekend. When you said he was so brave and that he was frightened, it just broke my heart..

Please know we are here for you and I do hope that he is doing better today after his weekend.. Take care of yourself too, we do the best we can as the caretakers and getting things done is good too...

I also saw that you posted his first treatment was 11/9 and now the bloodclots...I am worried as I know this can be a side effect of chemotherapy...so now I will be a watchdog and asking him all the time how he feels.......he is so good and never complains so it is hard to know when he is not feeling well....Hugs to your Dad....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter