Never say Neverland: Easter '18, May/June '18, July '18, Sept '18, Nov '18 TRs (8/22 UPDATE!)

Yay! I'm finally caught up!!! Love the pics so much. I'm thinking if my 40 and over mixed team makes it to nationals in Orlando, I just might HAVE to go early... maybe practice some tennis if I could only find someone to join me to hit with... :) :) :) ?????

Sounds like a good start! Your FIL knows how to get the party started!!!

He certainly does! We really didn't drink much at all...I think we even brought that bottle of wine back home with us a week later, unfinished. We did order Lapu Lapus one night though...those were good!

Adorable videos! The Auto Train looks like a fabulous way to travel. Let someone else do the driving and have your vehicle available at your destination without having to rent a car. How convenient!

It is truly a fun and unique way to travel.

Looks like a good time on the autotrain!

Hope Harley is recovering well from her surgery.

Cant wait to hear more about Toy Story Land!

Yes Autotrain was so much fun. Harley is doing great, has recovered and is back to her crazy self. She is loving her new pool at home also.

upload_2018-8-3_15-12-48.jpeg

Yay! I'm finally caught up!!! Love the pics so much. I'm thinking if my 40 and over mixed team makes it to nationals in Orlando, I just might HAVE to go early... maybe practice some tennis if I could only find someone to join me to hit with... :) :) :) ?????

Wouldn't that be so much fun to go to Nationals together? I don't know if it will happen this year, but we can dream right? Right now only one team I have is at least headed to Regionals and has a shot at it. You never know.

I can't believe how long it's been since I've updated, and sorry I'm so far behind. Life has been crazy...work and home. Since my last update, I've played tons of tennis, we had some of the inside of our house repainted (and I have yet to hang stuff back on the walls), we had a great afternoon at Kings Dominion with some friends, and my 15.75 year old daughter got her learner's permit and has taken to the roads with me...well the neighborhood only so far.

We leave next week for HAWAII...hard to believe that one. How is it August already? I think we skipped July. I'm actually mostly packed so far, but I'll have to probably do another little purge of stuff before the packing is final final FINAL. I'm a bit disappointed that one of the tours I wanted to do on Kauai is SOLD OUT already. It's pretty unique and I should have been keeping up with it, but last I looked (probably a month ago) there were still plenty of open spots. No more. :( We'll have to make do with other stuff.

Once we return from this trip, we'll really need to get ready to book our FPs for November...and DH and I have yet to book our anniversary trip likely to US with perhaps some side-trips to Disney. Sadly it's probably already too late to book FPs for that timeframe, which we can't do since we aren't on property anyway.

Perhaps I'll get around to another update in the near future, before the information leaves my brain. Just yesterday I got really frustrated that I could NOT remember my DOG's name for a good MINUTE. I was scrambling and it wasn't coming to me. I didn't even think to look on her NAMETAG.

Getting old sucks...or perhaps it's still chemo brain residuals...nobody knows.

Sorry for the delay here, but just checking in as I'm still returning to reality. We returned on Monday after our whirlwind 12 nights in Hawaii. What a fabulous trip and some wonderful stories to share, and also some crazy ones as I definitely had some failures in my trip planning on this one. Some worked out better than others. Kauai was lovely, really enjoyed it. Ko Olina area of Oahu was also lovely, Marriott Beach Club there was nice and we finished at Aulani which was also fabulous. I don't know if we will return, as it's a long trip for us from the East Coast, but I'm glad we did it.

Can't wait to hear details. Looks like you got back in the nick of time, don't need a hurricane in your report!

Can't wait to hear details. Looks like you got back in the nick of time, don't need a hurricane in your report!

So I have some of them up at this thread: with photos. I'm not sure when I'll finish posting. We definitely got back in time, but we did have a hurricane threat when we arrived on Kauai though it had only minor effects on our trip.

YAY!!! You're back!!!!

Yes...thanks! And now I'm planning the next trip. :)

HAWAII REPORT

Ok, so as I mentioned before, we had a truly fabulous time in Hawaii. I'm not feeling a real strong urge to go back, as there are many beautiful places in the world to see, but I'm glad we did it and we had some wonderful experiences.

This is just one of the many scenic overlooks where we would just stop in Kauai and take photos:
upload_2018-8-30_7-1-31.jpeg

Here is one of the many beaches/bays we visited:
upload_2018-8-30_7-1-57.jpeg
upload_2018-8-30_7-4-57.jpeg

This is the lovely Waimea Canyon:
upload_2018-8-30_7-2-29.jpeg
(I've never been to the Grand Canyon, but I suspect it would be something like this...maybe not as many waterfalls?)

We took a VERY crazy and adventurous zodiac boat up the Na Pali Coast and when in and out of sea caves like this:
upload_2018-8-30_7-3-50.jpeg

While also seeing some beautiful coastline:
upload_2018-8-30_7-4-17.jpegupload_2018-8-30_7-4-24.jpeg

We saw many other beautiful waterfalls:
upload_2018-8-30_7-6-0.jpegupload_2018-8-30_7-6-7.jpeg
upload_2018-8-30_7-6-17.jpeg

(Continued....)

Last edited:
HAWAII REPORT CONTINUED

We took a tour of a ranch that including hiking, kayaking, ziplining and swimming at a waterfall area:
upload_2018-8-30_7-8-12.jpegupload_2018-8-30_7-8-19.jpeg
upload_2018-8-30_7-8-29.jpeg

By far one of the favorite activities of the trip was mountain tubing:
upload_2018-8-30_7-9-0.jpegupload_2018-8-30_7-9-23.jpegupload_2018-8-30_7-9-33.jpeg

Due to a totally inadequate planner for this trip (myself), we took this tour as two groups...so my husband went with two kids and I went with my oldest son and our two friends that were with us. This was the tour that almost DID NOT EVEN HAPPEN. When I went to book it about a week before our trip...there were only single spots available for the entire 4 days we had on Kauai. I stalked that site constantly, and at one point I found a day/time with THREE open spots...required since two kids couldn't go alone. I snagged it...for 1:30pm one day. Then I filled up the rest of our day with single spots so I had one of us going out at 11am, one at 12:30am, one at 1pm and one at 2:30pm. With only one vehicle and this being a far drive from our rental home, we all arrived just after 10am to check in the one person and at that time the staff member was able to book two people together he said at 11:30am...perfect I told him to put my friends together, my son and I would still go solo, and my husband and the kids would go later (they just dropped us off and left since we had earlier tours than they did). Then as we were sitting there, the guy worked his magic and got all FOUR of us on the same tour at 12:30pm...PERFECT! I happened to have a deck of Uno cards with me and they had some tables where you could just hang out, and so we did just that...hung out playing cards, the four of us, until our tour. Even though it was rainy, and the water temperature was "REFRESHING" (because we could not say the "C" word), this ended up being such a fantastic tour.

So our 5 days/4 nights in Kauai were simply jam-packed with activity. We arrived on Tuesday, so that was a nice rest day. I think we got groceries and chilled in the room mostly, and prepared for the week. What I loved about Kauai most was if we went to a restaurant, much like the house we rented, there was NO A/C...there was just an island breeze flowing through so in my shorts and short-sleeves I wasn't freezing. The house cooled off well enough at night with the windows open, many fans, and a slight breeze but there was a high level of humidity. I mistakenly thought that this house, being pretty close to the water, would allow the kids a place to go snorkel but that simply wasn't the case. One day the 5 of us walked down to the nearest "beach" but it was a very long and a bit treacherous walk just to get down to the water there. Once there, it was a mostly rocky area and didn't seem like a great place for snorkeling or even swimming. It wasn't something we could just send the kids to do for sure, so that was a bit disappointing. The rest of our time on Kauai all my oldest son talked about was finding a good place to snorkel...eventually we did but it would end up being on Oahu instead.

Kauai was more about exploring the lush scenery and doing some fun side-trips like this swinging bridge:
upload_2018-8-30_7-25-38.jpeg

The day that we did the Raft and Snorkel Zodiac Boat ride up the Na Pali coast was probably the craziest, because due to again some lack of planning, we also had the Hike/Kayak/Zipline tour that same day. Honestly the weather was so bad the day before, with rain and the hurricane, that I was sure the rafting ride would be cancelled. We drove over an hour from our place north to the far south and the sun was up there (of course) and we arrived around 7am for this rafting thing. The raft ride up the coast was ROUGH...you were sitting on the side of the raft the entire hour plus ride, we were on some HEAVY seas, cresting waves, the boat sometimes catching air and then crashing down...I can't even begin to describe it. When we got close to our destination, we did stop for a while and sat in the water watching spinner dolphins all around us...and of course I have NO photos of videos of it! We went in and out of sea caves and under a waterfall...which was cool. We dropped anchor at one point for lunch and you could get out and swim or snorkel...but what we did was get out in the water with my daughter, who had been looking quite green through most of the ride...where she would eventually feed the fishes from the safety of the water...but then feel a bit better! The boat ride had us holding on for dear life, and while it was enjoyable scenery, it was not easy. We returned back to the docks slightly later than planned, and then had an HOUR drive back to the north part of the island to do our ranch adventure. Even though it was scheduled for 2:30pm, and they said arrive by 2pm, I figured they had some wiggle room there...but as we drove at about 10 after 2pm I got a call asked where we were from the ranch. We were about 15 minutes out, and they said they would wait...and then we learned the real meaning of "island driving" when we came across an accident...on the only road to/from where we needed to go, and they stopped the traffic in our direction (north) a few cars ahead of us...and let all of the other traffic come through. This resulted in another phone call from the tour company, to which I explained the situation and said if we got there, WHEN we got there, we could see what they would do.

Can I just tell you how AMAZING this company was to us? We were of course 7 of the 12 people on this tour, and we arrived 45 minutes later than we should have arrived. They had us skip the initial hike part (which was a huge win for my totally exhausted group already...many teens who just wanted to go home) and they drove us down to the area where we would kayak. We still had a short hike, in MUD MUD MUD, which was it's own "experience" that had my kid complaining louder as his shoes were caked in mud and then water...and then more mud. The kayak was an easy little trip for us and then we arrived at the place where we would take two ziplines. I wish we could have done more...but it would not happen this trip. From the ziplines, it was down to the picnic area where they fed us and we could get into the water, which would normally be clear but due to the rain on the island lately, was mostly muddy water. I hung out in a hammock myself. After lunch, back to the kayak and then after that was done we hiked back to the ranch where they had a hose we could use to try to wash off all the mud! By the end of this day, we were DONE as you can imagine. The good news is the next day we had nothing planned, as it was our checkout and flight to Oahu.

We spent Saturday just driving around to various sites on the island, like the waterfalls, and having lunch, and exploring before our flight. It was a great last day.

SEPTEMBER & NOVEMBER DISNEY UPDATES

We interrupt this Hawaii trip report for a little bit of news about our next TWO Disney trips.

TWO you say? Well sorta.

So my husband and I celebrate our 20 years of wedded bliss in October of this year. We have decided to do a little adults-only trip and though in the past we've done Disney trips (Food and Wine, MNSSHP), we decided if we can handle 20 years of marriage, we could handle something less scary...like Halloween Horror Nights! We have selected a few nights in Orlando to mostly do Halloween Horror Nights and Universal. However...we do have annual passes and we will have a rental car, so we are also planning to do a little bit of Disney, most likely Food and Wine, while we are there as well. Last night I booked Fastpasses at EPCOT for one late afternoon. I'm excited about the whole trip. Should be fun.

And as for the November update. We had been discussing transportation for a while now, as my FIL mentioned wanting to do the Autotrain again to save us the drive, though we honestly don't mind the drive. However since it's a somewhat quick trip in a way, and it would be nice to maximize it a bit, when I saw some super low airfares come out recently on a super-cheap airline it made me consider flying.

We are lucky to be within an hour or so of 3 major airports, so I had a few options. I chose one I haven't flown out of in many, many years...because of the prices of the flights and the times of them as well. My FIL has offered to pay for the flights, and we will pick up the rental car while there. And so with that...we booked our flights last night for our Thanksgiving trip!

In just a few more weeks I'll be booking our Fastpasses for the November trip as well. Wish me luck...it's gonna be tough I think because I am determined to get a Slinky Dog FP, the most coveted since Frozen Ever After opened up I think!

So this week we celebrated National Dog Day...so here is our "puppy" Harley:
upload_2018-8-31_7-3-46.jpeg

And Wednesday night she graduated from puppy obedience school:
upload_2018-8-31_7-4-10.jpeg

And then YESTERDAY she spent several hours at the vet after eating this:
upload_2018-8-31_7-4-31.jpeg

Yes that is a Mickey Mouse hat, one of many that belonged to my late MIL, and one that was in the middle of the kitchen island when I left for work yesterday morning. When the children (well two of them because the oldest was off to college that morning) got out of bed much later in the morning, they discovered this...and also mentioned some mostly dry-heaving of the dog. After DH consulted with the vet, they had him bring her there where they gave her meds to vomit...only really not much came out so a few hundred dollars later I got to take her back home.

So far, she seems fine. We just have to keep a watchful eye on her for a while for any signs of trouble because most of what she ate was the plastic bill of the hat.

Our family is a never-ending string of crazy stories...seriously.

I'm so looking forward to a nice, long 3-day weekend with honestly almost NO plans. I was thinking of doing a home improvement project, but we'll see if that happens.

Eventually I'll return here to finish my July 4th TR as well as the Hawaii trip.

Spoiler alert...I really did find Aulani as beautiful as people say it is...and I forced my family to get this one character photo, which the 18yo opted out of (obviously) but characters were a very rare find here:

upload_2018-8-31_7-9-38.jpeg

upload_2018-8-31_7-10-20.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-31_7-9-59.jpeg
    upload_2018-8-31_7-9-59.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 0
  • upload_2018-8-31_7-10-11.jpeg
    upload_2018-8-31_7-10-11.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 1
July 2018 Celebration of Life Trip - Day 2

After an "okay" night of sleep on the train, we were all up the next morning early. They start serving breakfast on the train around 6:30am I think, but you just go and eat whenever, which is different than dinner which has a set time. I think the kids and my FIL ate early, and eventually DH and I headed over for breakfast...I can't even recall. I do remember that we pulled into the train station in Sanford and it was dark...and the conductor told us we had arrived TOO early to our destination and they had to wait for the crew to come to work at the building before we could disembark.

Once let off the train, we only waited a few minutes for our vehicle because DH had paid for priority offloading. So that was nice...I think we were like the 10th car to be unloaded. We dragged our overnight stuff out to our vehicle and hit the road DESTINATION WALT DISNEY WORLD.

Our first stop was the checkin area at Caribbean Beach Resort. We needed to make sure my FILs room information was all straight and to see if his room was ready yet and make sure he got the confirmation setup so he'd be notified. It was lovely inside there:

upload_2018-8-31_7-35-21.jpeg

And yet, so much smaller than most checkin areas of Disney Resorts. You just had this area and then a very small little area in the lobby to buy some snacks and such. No gift shop. Nothing else. Room wasn't ready so I think we had plans to drop his stuff off at our room, because ours was ready. We made our way to our building to drop off our luggage...and I think as we were unloading stuff to the room he got a notification that his room, next to ours, was ready as well. So we moved stuff over to his room.

I feel like we had plans to hit the pool this first day and I think we did because checkin was around 10am and we didn't get to our first park until after 3pm. So I think we got bathing suits on and headed to the pool. I wanted some real food after no real breakfast on the train. I wanted to find the Spyglass Grill but that wasn't easy. We left the kids at the "big" pool and some of headed to find Spyglass. We did find it, and DH and I split some tacos and I got some fruit. It was all delicious and I immediately regretting having to share the tacos once I tasted them. As we ate near the pool, it was clear some weather was rolling in and they closed the pool, so we headed back to our room to change.

I think we hung out at the room for a little bit, but we had FPs for around 4pm for Tower of Terror and we wanted to make those. We got dressed and headed for Hollywood Studios. On arrival we headed directly here:
upload_2018-8-31_7-42-6.jpegupload_2018-8-31_7-42-13.jpeg

There really was no wait, so we rode it first with our FPs and then in standby line. Twice on my MILs favorite ride on the one year anniversary of her death. I am sure she was with us in spirit!

We still had some time to kill before dinner at Mama Melrose, so we decided to see if we could sneak a peek at the new Toy Story Land. There was no line to enter it...so we walked through:

upload_2018-8-31_7-43-59.jpeg

It was very cute, loved all of the little details, and we had FPs for the Saucers later that night!

We left there and still had a little time so as we approached Mama Melrose we noticed no line for Muppets 3D so we hopped in there quickly, with some very HANGRY kids who were not happy to be there. Oh well!
upload_2018-8-31_7-45-15.jpeg

The exit for this puts you pretty much at Mama Melrose, so we headed there next to check in for our meal. Again, this was my MILs favorite restaurant, so this was another tribute to her.

upload_2018-8-31_7-46-5.jpeg

We had a very nice meal here, complete with some sangria for the adults to toast. It was a long meal but still enjoyable. A few post-meal photos:

upload_2018-8-31_7-47-48.jpegupload_2018-8-31_7-47-55.jpeg

Yes I was feeling a bit happy. I think we decided to do Star Tours and I *THINK* I did one ride on it and then I decided I wasn't up for a second ride, so we waited nearby for the boys to ride again.

After this, we wandered back across the park for our next Fastpass:

upload_2018-8-31_7-49-0.jpegupload_2018-8-31_7-49-5.jpeg

Always a crowd pleaser...not sure why DH has such a stoic look here.

So we still had one Fastpass left for the Alien Saucers at Toy Story Land, but it was clear that there was some weather on the horizon. What would we do? Stick it out and ride or call it a day?

I enjoyed seeing your Hawaii pictures on FB :) I've never been but clients always love Aulani when they return, so that's on my list!
I make our Thanksgiving trip FP's the day after we're back from our Sept trip which we leave for in 10 days, and I don't even have all our parks planned out yet :rolleyes1 But unless after riding SDD next week I think the boys will hate it I'll most likely be trying for it twice, so crossing fingers for both of us! I've managed to get it for all my clients except for those who book less than 60 days out, then it's hard, and like FOP it's easier the later in your trip you try for :thumbsup2

Still jealous you're doing HHN! One day I'll get there.........

I enjoyed seeing your Hawaii pictures on FB :) I've never been but clients always love Aulani when they return, so that's on my list!
I make our Thanksgiving trip FP's the day after we're back from our Sept trip which we leave for in 10 days, and I don't even have all our parks planned out yet :rolleyes1 But unless after riding SDD next week I think the boys will hate it I'll most likely be trying for it twice, so crossing fingers for both of us! I've managed to get it for all my clients except for those who book less than 60 days out, then it's hard, and like FOP it's easier the later in your trip you try for :thumbsup2

Still jealous you're doing HHN! One day I'll get there.........

Glad you enjoyed the photos I posted...there are SO SO MANY in Google albums right now. I only put a few select ones up. Aulani was nice for sure but really we liked all of the places we stayed.

Yes I think I'll have to take the morning off from work to do my FastPasses, because PRIORITIES. I don't think I'll have any hope of getting it for all 14 people on the total trip, so I'll focus mostly on our immediate group and especially my nephews who will LOVE it. Glad you have been so successful.

HHN is going to be fun. We've done so many amusement park Halloween events, our favorite was probably Busch Gardens Williamsburg, VA many years ago. We've scheduled a tour for our HHN night that will take us through all 9 of the houses without waiting...so that will be fun...plus a place where we can get food and drinks. AND some friends have decided to join us on the trip (the same couple that went to Hawaii with us) so even more fun for all of us. They have NEVER done Universal. We are staying on-site so they will have no problem exploring the parks on their own if we decide to make good use out of our Disney APs and sneak off for some Food and Wine.

July 2018 Celebration of Life Trip - Day 2 (continued)

When we last left, we were debating sticking around after dinner at Mama Melrose. We had FP+s for the Alien Saucers that began around 8:30pm but it was clear that a storm was brewing. I don't recall the order of things...but I think we had some time to kill before our FP and with the rain coming we decided indoors would be a good place to wait...and Toy Story Mania was sporting a relatively decent line, with most of the queue indoors. We rushed inside...but my oldest son decided he was not up for getting wet so he left the park and hopped a bus back to the resort.

I think we may have waited about 25 minutes or so for TSM, but I do like the new indoor queue. I kept trying to figure out what part was still the "old" part and what part was the new one. I'm still not really sure. The line did move pretty quickly through there. I don't recall who won and for some reason I don't have photos of the scores, but I'm pretty sure we did ride.

Next up was heading over to the Alien Saucers...in the rain...but it's not like we were going to get any more wet and at least we had FPs so we didn't have to wait in the queue outside. Before long we hopped into our Saucers...DH and I in one and the two youngest kids with their grandfather in the other:

upload_2018-9-6_7-41-35.jpeg

upload_2018-9-6_7-41-40.jpeg

I was just SOO excited to be on the new ride...and also you can tell how wet we were by my hair! We really enjoyed this ride. It's not one I would want to wait more than 30 minutes for, but it was still fun.

After this we decided to call it a night. We were hopeful that perhaps we could get in a ride on Slinky Dog but with the weather it was closed down and didn't have signs of opening any time in the near future.

NOVEMBER: The PLAN v1

We interrupt several TRs in progress to spend a little time discussing the NEXT trip that I need to finish planning out: Thanksgiving 2018 NOW with extra family members!

So the extras were added earlier this year, and I may or may not have discussed it, but basically I planned this trip for myself and my family to include our family of five, my brother's family of 4 (him, wife, 2 boys) and my dad and his girlfriend :rolleyes:. After planning we were concerned that my FIL would be left alone...so we invited him to join us and we were going to figure out some way to work him into the trip. Out of the blue one day, my husband's sister texted him asking about our travel dates for Thanksgiving, oh and BTW did we have DVC points that we could use to book a room for them AND if not could we book them at SOG (nope) and when all those were not options...ok fine they would book themselves, most likely off site and NOT get park hoppers because...that would cost too much. Did I mention they are coming from California? I could go on and on about this...but let's just say now they are coming, my FIL booked a room for all of them, he bought their tickets for them, and I've worked out some meals that included all 16 of us...well it was 16 but since the time of the original booking I believe they no longer plan to bring along their au pair (oh by they I mean my SIL and her new husband and my SILs 13 year old son from hubby #2).

BACK to the plan...I went ahead and booked some meals at the 180 day mark, very important of course with a huge party. You may recall (or not) that in October of last year I booked a trip that included as many as 18 of us at some point...mostly friends and their kids...so I'm not afraid of large party booking.

Our plan to drive and/or Autotrain was scrapped last week...and we booked flights instead. I'm still not sure if I'll change to a closer airport. I was trying to save my FIL some money by booking at an airport a little further away, but still easily manageable for us. Now I might change it to the closer airport and just pay the difference. We'll see.

And now, the PLAN:

SATURDAY: Arrive early morning, check in at Shades of Green for one night.
FP: TBD
Meals: TBD

SUNDAY: Check in at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani. Dad and girlfriend arrive later this day and will check in at Saratoga Springs. Head to Magic Kingdom for the day.
FP: TBD

Meals: 11:45am: Chef Mickey's; 4:10pm: The Plaza Restaurant Dinner (9A2C); 5:15pm: Sanaa Dinner (7A) (DH and family want to do Sanaa, I'm not sure boys will appreciate it so I booked us at The Plaza instead and we will stay at MK that evening)

MONDAY: Hollywood Studios morning. Character breakfast option for brother's family. Evening at EPCOT?
FP: TBD (Hopefully Slinky Dog, RnRC, ToT)
Meals: 9:55am: Hollywood and Vine DisneyJR Bkfast (brother and family only); 3:30pm: T-Rex Cafe (7A1C) (not sure who yet, mostly for my nephews)

TUESDAY: Animal Kingdom all day long, my SIL is a huge animal person and we just didn't spend a lot of time at this park last visit. Tusker House for early dinner at AK or dinner at Cape May Cafe (we won't do both). Evening at Magic Kingdom.
FP: TBD (Hopefully FOP, EE, Safari)
Meals: 9:45am: Be Our Guest Breakfast (to be removed);3:40pm: Tusker House (8A2C); 5:05pm: Cape May Cafe Dinner (9A2C)

WEDNESDAY: Magic Kingdom Morning. EPCOT or HS for afternoon/evening. Possibly see Illuminations OR Fantasmic!
FP: TBD (Hopefully 7DMT, BTMRR, SM)
MEALS: 11:15am: Liberty Tree Tavern Lunch (14A2C); 5:25pm: Sanaa Dinner (8A); 7:50pm: Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room (Dessert) (8A2C)

THURSDAY: Early morning at MK, then head to EPCOT or AK. Early Thanksgiving dinner at Boma. Evening at park of choice.
FP: TBD (BTMRR, 7DMT, Splash)
Meals: 3:30pm: Boma - Flavors of Africa Dinner (14A2C)

FRIDAY: Departure Day.

All of this is subject to change, of course, and I'm not even sure those meals are accurate any longer. I have at LEAST 2 or 3 more T-Rex Reservations because I think that will be priority for my dinosaur-loving nephews but fitting it in between parks is challenging because the times I can get are so meh...around 3pm each time or so. Early dinner? Late lunch? Who knows!

I feel like we aren't giving EPCOT much love this trip (again) and part of me is sad about that. I realize there isn't much for the boys there, but I feel like I'd like to spend a little more time there this trip.

I'm not sure when everybody else will arrive. If my brother and family come Saturday instead of Sunday (which I hope) then I need to find a place for them to stay because SOG is booked right now. DH's sister and family are supposedly arriving days earlier than us but I don't even know. My FIL booked them all in a suite at Art of Animation beginning Saturday night. That same SIL has made some of her own ADRs so I don't know how that will work out. I have no ability to make FP reservations for her family so she will be on her own for that one. I have control over all of my family and will handle all of their FPs. Honestly I'm not very fond of my SILs husband #3 and I'll be okay if we only hang out with them for some limited time, but I also know my FIL has grand plans of all of us (my family and his family) hanging out together. I think he even wants to book a reservation for all of us at Hoop de Doo one evening (my suggestion...he wanted to do a tour but that's tough for all ages) but I'm trying to figure out where to put that in the schedule.

Fastpasses will need to be made VERY soon of course. That may change things.

Wow! Looks like a full trip! I don't know how you do it, but you've got the planning down. I would be so confused!

Glad you got to ride Alien saucers! Hoping we can get FP for that and Slinky dog!

Wow! Looks like a full trip! I don't know how you do it, but you've got the planning down. I would be so confused!
Glad you got to ride Alien saucers! Hoping we can get FP for that and Slinky dog!

Thanks! Yes it is definitely something I enjoy. And here's hoping that you get both of those as well...great rides!

Mad props!!! You and @chunkymonkey are my heroes!!!! I don't think I could ever plan a trip for that many people!!!! But, you've done it once, and I'm sure it will be just as successful again...:P

Thanks so much. Yes I'm sure it will go well enough. Meals are done but FPs are going to be a different story for sure. As I think I mentioned, I don't have access to the other "people" coming from California (I can see SIL but not her husband or kid) and since they would have to be up at 4am PST to make their FPs I'm not sure if that will happen. It was easier to coordinate my group trip last year when I had people up at the same time as me and planning along with me AND I had my daughter logged in and helping with making FPs for others at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!