• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Never cruised ever--are these good prices for Sept?

IowaGirl

Mouseketeer
Was on a travel web site today and could book Disney Wonder for a four day cruise starting at $399.
Disney Magic was available for a 7 day cruise starting at $799

These prices are cruises only, I believe.

Since we have never cruised before, we thought the shorter trip would be a good trial.

We were thinking of flying down to Orlando and incorporating a cruise into our time (12 to 14 days)

We would fly down and spend 4 days touring Disney World, 3 days at Universal, 1 day at Bush Gardens, and then cruise.

Any suggestions for an El Cheapo such as myself? We are total amusement park commandos, would we have fun on a cruise? I think it would be nice after weary park touring.

Thanks for any input you may have for a cruising newbie.

:cool:

If you can cruise in September, you will get the best rates then. Those rates are standard entry level (Cat 11 - Inside) rates. They do not include Port charges, Transfers, Tipping, etc.

Do the 7 day if you can afford it. You will find that it can be as fast paced or slow paced as you choose. That is the beauty of a cruise.

Scott

Those prices have been around and look pretty standard for an inside lower deck stateroom. I'd suggest going to Disney's web site, the cruise area and putting in the dates, etc that you're looking at. You can get more information there as well.

The cruises are great! If you haven't done one before and have the time - as it looks like you do - putting a 4 day at the end of a 2 week vacation would be a great way to try it.

There is plenty going on almost all the time or you can relax and do not much of anything!

You might want to spend some time reading through some trip reports too.

Deb

even better, find a good discount TA that specializes in DCL...I've heard Dreams Unlimited, who sponsors this board, is excellent. just click on the banner up top

Just a suggestion on your itinerary..... if you do it as you've listed you'll be travelling from Orlando, west to Tampa to Busch Gardens for a day then all the way back to the east coast for the cruise. It's certainly possible since FL isn't that wide, but I would do Busch Gardens first then move to Orlando and on to Port Canaveral and avoid backtracking....

Have a great trip.....

Cathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter