Netflix original Haunting of Hill House......

I have watched 4 episodes, and I really like it so far. Something just happened to scare the holy heck out of me, though...

I'm in the middle of episode 4 and Luke just had the "under the bed" experience- I'm watching in the dark, and all of a sudden, I hear a loud crash and sound of glass breaking in the house. I jump a mile out of my chair and go to investigate. Can't find anything in any of the rooms on the same floor. No glass, no mess.

I'm getting really freaked out, when I see liquid seeping out from under the coat closet door. Turns out, a bottle of DH's home brew beer that was fermenting exploded!

I have watched 4 episodes, and I really like it so far. Something just happened to scare the holy heck out of me, though...

I'm in the middle of episode 4 and Luke just had the "under the bed" experience- I'm watching in the dark, and all of a sudden, I hear a loud crash and sound of glass breaking in the house. I jump a mile out of my chair and go to investigate. Can't find anything in any of the rooms on the same floor. No glass, no mess.

I'm getting really freaked out, when I see liquid seeping out from under the coat closet door. Turns out, a bottle of DH's home brew beer that was fermenting exploded!
I think that would have given me a heart attack.

I avoided this until we finished. We finally finished last night. LOVED it. Thought it was so well done, nice and creepy, which is what I love.
I actually yelled during the car scene! I am a horror junkie, the scarier the better, it is incredibly rare for me to get that startled.
I am also glad to know I am not the only one needing Kleenex. I was totally not expecting that and I was a a mess during and for about 15 minutes after!! I can’t even explain why, but it really got to me.

Finally someone else that knows "The Changeling"!! (Not to be confused with Changeling starring Angelina Jolie!) I love that movie. It is such a classic ghost story. I was just trying to explain it to a friend last weekend and found the whole move on You Tube.

That movie should be a required watching for any ghost story lovers. That scene with the red ball still makes me jump!

Now everyone go and watch "The Ballad of Buster Scruggs" on Netflix by the Coen Brothers. Six short stories in one movie -- some are unsettling and grim, and one especially is hard to get out of one's mind -- but so beautifully acted and filmed and interesting about the days of the West.

I’m on episode 7. As others mentioned, it’s challenging to watch during the daytime as it’s so bright. The first episode was difficult to keep my interest as I spent too much time trying to figure it out. There have certainly been a few moments where I went “whoa!”

Well written!

That movie should be a required watching for any ghost story lovers. That scene with the red ball still makes me jump!

Now everyone go and watch "The Ballad of Buster Scruggs" on Netflix by the Coen Brothers. Six short stories in one movie -- some are unsettling and grim, and one especially is hard to get out of one's mind -- but so beautifully acted and filmed and interesting about the days of the West.

I just watched this today. Let me guess, the story with Liam Neeson? That one bothered my a lot!

I just finished this show today, loved it a lot. Didn’t really understand why they needed 2 actors to play the Dad though. But I thought the show was great.

I just watched this a couple days ago- also watched Roma. I guess I've been on a Netflix binge. The first two stories were great, so funny! The rest made no sense to me, they went nowhere, maybe that was the point? I was definitely disappointed because I expected more.

This show has stayed with me. Maybe it’s because I’ve suffered a significant loss. It was creepy but poignant. Loved it.

This show has stayed with me. Maybe it’s because I’ve suffered a significant loss. It was creepy but poignant. Loved it.
It packed a real emotional punch. I was expecting just a creepy haunted house story, but it ended up being so much more. I needed lots of tissues during the episodes- 5 and 6 just wrecked me. That poor broken family...

It packed a real emotional punch. I was expecting just a creepy haunted house story, but it ended up being so much more. I needed lots of tissues during the episodes- 5 and 6 just wrecked me. That poor broken family...
I agree. It was more than just a scary story in the way that the first season of American Horror Story was about more than just the scary happenings being the “horror story”

I finished it earlier in the week. Really enjoyed it and wished there was more. Agree about the two actors playing dad and that it was not necessarily. But ehh, whatever.

Wish we could have gotten a little more on the groundskeeper family as I’m thinking there might have been more to there story than we learned.

Would like to see more horror type stories like this. I don’t care for scary stuff but this was well done.

I just watched this today. Let me guess, the story with Liam Neeson? That one bothered my a lot!

UGH -- I cannot get it out of my head what he did in the end! Very disturbing and heartbreaking. Do you think that was his son?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter