Netflix JAN 2020..whatcha watching?

Galavant is wonderful and I'm still sad it was canceled.

I rewatch Galavant every year as well! Every time I get a kick out of the full dance/choral number starting Season 2 about how they're surprised they were renewed. And the cameos!

Yes. finally some other people who watch this, I was beginning to believe I was the only one.

Tried watching "The Circle". I got about 1/2 way through the bio for the second guy and decided I don't want to watch a show that revolves around these vapid idiots. Does it get better? I'm just not getting it - I'm out if it doesn't.
Watching "The Office". No I had not seen it. Season 1 is REALLY cringy, but heard that gets better so sticking with it.

Amazon Prime - Just started watching "Veep". I don't get HBO so had never seen any of it. So far really enjoying it.

It was OK. I don't think Scarlett Johannson was SAG Award or Oscar worthy. Any other actress would have done just as well in that part. There were no moments in the writing that screan "Oscar moment." Adam Driver was better than I thought he would be. But, that's not saying much. I thought he was so miscast in Star Wars. So, for the most part I don't like him. Laura Dern was good. Although I felts she played the same role as in Big Little Lies.
Honestly, I thought it was depressing, but maybe that was the point. It isn't something I'd watch again. I could say that about alot of movies though :confused3 I really like Adam Driver and think he acted really well in this, Scarlett Johanssen :rolleyes1Last night we watched The Two Popes, also on Netflix. It was different, lots of subtitles.

Thanks - not sure if I want to invest my time in this one now.

Honestly, I thought it was depressing, but maybe that was the point. It isn't something I'd watch again. I could say that about alot of movies though :confused3 I really like Adam Driver and think he acted really well in this, Scarlett Johanssen :rolleyes1
Thanks - not sure if I want to invest my time in this one now.

Yes, it could be called. "A Divorce Story," instead. If you watched "The Breakup," with Jennifer Aniston, it's the same.

For those of you that have watched "A Marriage Story", was it good? Probably going to watch this soon.

I kept asking "why?" As in "why did someone think this was movie material?" I continued to see if they achieved some sort of resolution, and (primarily) to listen to Adam Driver talk. His voice.... I just wanted it to turn out reasonably ok for the son, so I watched to the end. But it took me two days.

Galavant. It is a musical tv series. Lasted two seasons. I rewatch once a year and knock it out in less than two days (18 half hour episodes). Funny show, fun characters, awesome cameos, great songs, and a nice earworm song for the whole series. This show is just pure fun. Ends in a wonderful place.

I LOVED Galavant!

I've been on a foreign drama kick lately. The Crown, Broadchurch, Collateral, Requiem, were all very good, and in English. I also got sucked in by The Five, and Safe, both by Harlan Coben.
Dark, which is in German and dubbed in English was SO good, and really a mind trip. The Break was also pretty good.

I recently finished a show that I picked up on a fluke called Workin' Moms. Now I'm *way* out of the working mother stage nor am I particularly interested in shows that might revolve around parenting at this point in my life, but it really didn't center around that. The "mom's group" was the catalyst for the characters in the story, and certainly there was some humor in that area, but it was really about each of the different women in the show and their challenges with balancing life. Best for me was that it was a dark, sarcastic comedy which I *love*. There were a few episodes that had me laughing out loud while I was alone at that rarely happens.

I've moved on now to Dirty John since Connie Britton was nominated for a award for this (trying to work through some "award" type shows). I'm about 3 episodes in and I'm still a little lukewarm on it.
Netflix has 2 seasons of a great Australian show called The Let Down that's along the same lines as Workin' Moms. Witty and relatable, if a little depressing (but not intentionally dark).
FInishing season 2 of "My Next Guest Needs No Introduction". After that, probably watching "Marriage Story" and "The Irishman"
:rolleyes1 If you need a sedative to sleep, you'll probably love them. Marriage Story was just lame and one of those where you end up really disliking every single character. The Irishman was a full hour too long to be suspenseful. We watched it in two parts on two separate nights and I had to force myself to finish it. Both pretty disappointing after all the hype. As always, YMMV.

I kept asking "why?" As in "why did someone think this was movie material?" I continued to see if they achieved some sort of resolution, and (primarily) to listen to Adam Driver talk. His voice.... I just wanted it to turn out reasonably ok for the son, so I watched to the end. But it took me two days.

Me too. I got sucked into watching through as I hoped it would end okay for the son.

The Irishman was a full hour too long to be suspenseful. We watched it in two parts on two separate nights and I had to force myself to finish it.

A friend had warned me that it would probably take two separate nights to finish it. It's over 3 hours long. :eek: :faint: Two of his friends didn't come back the second night. They got enough of the gist of it. I made it through as I generally multi-task when something's on and it's not too riveting. So about 2/3 of the way through, I was doing other stuff, then paid attention again when it was getting towards the end. :thumbsup2

I DID like Joe Pesci. His performance was great, very solid. Out of the ordinary for Joe Pesci, whom people, me included, probably generally associate with being over the top, like his character in Lethal Weapon. I do think it was SAG & Oscar nominated worthy. However, as I thought more about it, (my friend asked why I think Brad Pitt deserves to win more,) :scratchin I realized I think Pesci deserves to be nominated for the very reason that I didn't think he had it in him to pull off such a more subtle, solid performance. But, that's really much of a compliment then. :blush: I was more surprised he had it in him. Makes me wonder IF he has anything else in him? Or if he wins the SAG & Oscar, would we just see more of this performance or another round of over the top, Lethal Weapon? :confused3

Whereas, I think Brad Pitt's performance in, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, I think is stellar. After a few horrible years in his private life, being investigated by the FBI about his kids, being questioned whether he's safe enough to be a father, the turmoil the end of his marriage put him through, and his getting sober, (whom he totally attributes to Bradley Cooper for saving his life,) and losing about 110 lbs, (Angelina,) Brad Pitt has a lightness and gratitude about his work. He knows he had been given a second chance on many fronts and it shows in his work. I DO think, that if he wins the SAG & Oscar, that there is more, new stuff we will see coming from him in years to come. He had been taught by the best when he was younger, Robert Redford and Anthony Hopkins, who taught him to go deeper, and go inward, not just rely on his looks. And I think he will continue to get better. (If he stays away from the booze. He can be a second Robert Downey, Jr. comeback story.)

Last edited:
A friend had warned me that it would probably take two separate nights to finish it. It's over 3 hours long. :eek: :faint: Two of his friends didn't come back the second night. They got enough of the gist of it. I made it through as I generally multi-task when something's on and it's not too riveting. So about 2/3 of the way through, I was doing other stuff, then paid attention again when it was getting towards the end. :thumbsup2

I DID like Joe Pesci. His performance was great, very solid. Out of the ordinary for Joe Pesci, whom people, me included, probably generally associate with being over the top, like his character in Lethal Weapon. I do think it was SAG & Oscar nominated worthy. However, as I thought more about it, (my friend asked why I think Brad Pitt deserves to win more,) :scratchin I realized I think Pesci deserves to be nominated for the very reason that I didn't think he had it in him to pull off such a more subtle, solid performance. But, that's really much of a compliment then. :blush: I was more surprised he had it in him. Makes me wonder IF he has anything else in him? Or if he wins the SAG & Oscar, would we just see more of this performance or another round of over the top, Lethal Weapon? :confused3

Whereas, I think Brad Pitt's performance in, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, I think is stellar. After a few horrible years in his private life, being investigated by the FBI about his kids, being questioned whether he's safe enough to be a father, the turmoil the end of his marriage put him through, and his getting sober, (whom he totally attributes to Bradley Cooper for saving his life,) and losing about 110 lbs, (Angelina,) Brad Pitt has a lightness and gratitude about his work. He knows he had been given a second chance on many fronts and it shows in his work. I DO think, that if he wins the SAG & Oscar, that there is more, new stuff we will see coming from him in years to come. He had been taught by the best when he was younger, Robert Redford and Anthony Hopkins, who taught him to go deeper, and go inward, not just rely on his looks. And I think he will continue to get better. (If he stays away from the booze. He can be a second Robert Downey, Jr. comeback story.)
:flower3: While I'm sure your comments are thoughtful and astute, I apologize I can't give you an intelligent conversation. Other than The Irishman, I've not seen the other movies you mention, I know nothing and care even less about the personal lives of celebrities and I loathe awards shows. :blush:

:flower3: While I'm sure your comments are thoughtful and astute, I apologize I can't give you an intelligent conversation. Other than The Irishman, I've not seen the other movies you mention, I know nothing and care even less about the personal lives of celebrities and I loathe awards shows. :blush:

:lmao:That's okay. I figure these types of threads are more like group discussions. Some parts, some others may find interesting or relevant, even if the person one is responding to doesn't find it so.

A little off topic as this isn't a Netflix movie: I just walked out of seeing Dolittle. :crazy2: I found it very silly and the dialogue awful. There are better talking animal movies. Save your money. So far, it's gotten 19% on Rotten Tomatoes. Even Cats scored higher with 20%.

Wife and I started watching "Anne with an E". I know it was cancelled but, so far so good.
Saw that "Galavant" was available and started to re-watch that (wifes first time seeing it), that show was amazing.
"Medical Police", a spin-off of the Adult Swim show "Childrens Hospital" (which ended in 2016), it is a 'so stupid it is great' show.

At some friends' at work suggestion at work, I started watching "Dirty John". I am just one episode in, seems pretty interesting.

Well technically the last movie I watched was Marriage Story, which I would be so sad to get stuck in the middle of that 😂

But last thing I watched was the Gotham, therefore I would be also very sad because that's a rough life 😂😂

In addition to all the baking shows, I've really enjoyed Schitt's Creek and Atypical.

Hi all,

I'm still out for the count on medical leave and watching ridiculous amounts of television. My brain may be slowly turning to mush. I'm reading more this week to try to balance it out. Anyways what's everyone watching? I'm behind on most popular shows or they don't hold appeal.
Here's things I've watched recently:

The Circle (I'm going to need people to watch so I have people chat with about this!) I have no idea why I'm so fascinated with it.
Pose S1--Really liked it!
Virgin River--total campy drama but I liked that the leading people were my age and made it relatable
British Baking -- I think I watch it more because I'm trying to figure out the American words for what they are baking
Sugar Rush--I like baking shows
Glow Up--Just interesting to see people's talents
Healing Power of Dude--Just watched two episodes. Very cute
Dolly Parton Heart Strings--loved it..some were awful heartbreaking and lots tears
Merry Happy Whatever--it was fine..nothing special
Glow--silly but fun
Nailed It!--Easily one my favorite shows..it's like pinterest failure come to life

I have plenty more time to watch tv coming and wondering what others are watching.

The Circle! It's so not my type of television, but my son and I just watched it, and I couldn't get enough! We also watched Glow Up and I enjoyed that more than I thought I would. Unfortunately, I can't think of any suggestions to give you. There was a body painting show that we watched a year or two ago that we enjoyed, but I can't remember the name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter