Netflix JAN 2020..whatcha watching?

I really liked the first season. Didn't get around yet to seeing the second season. I found the third season a real snoozer with the new cast.
sleep-blue.gif
Oh my goodness, how could you watch the third season without watching the second?😲. I agree about the cast change. Why couldn’t they keep the original cast and just use make up, etc. to age them? But I read that was the plan all along, a different cast for seasons 3 and 4, and again a new cast for seasons 5 and 6.

We've had access to Netflix for a while, but had to go through our Blu-Ray player to access it. For Christmas, DH got me a new Smart TV and so now I just have to click on Netflix when I turn on the TV to get to it - it is totally turning me into a coach potato!!!

I watched Virgin River
I'm about halfway through Hart of Dixie now
Next on my list is Schitt's Creek

FInishing season 2 of "My Next Guest Needs No Introduction". After that, probably watching "Marriage Story" and "The Irishman"

Well I have been watching dark series and documentaries. :confused3

You. I never heard of it until the second season came out. Almost done with season one. Not my favorite show, but it has kept my interest.
It was very good. The ex wife actually texted and told me about it.

Switched to Hulu for now. Hunting around I don't explore Hulu too much and my daughter and I watched the first episodes of "My Name is Earl". Another one I never watched when I had cable. Pretty hysterical.

Oh my goodness, how could you watch the third season without watching the second?😲. I agree about the cast change. Why couldn’t they keep the original cast and just use make up, etc. to age them? But I read that was the plan all along, a different cast for seasons 3 and 4, and again a new cast for seasons 5 and 6.

I just wanted to see enough of the new cast to see the difference. I did wonder how much of the snoozer quality was because of the jump in time, not just the jump to a new cast. But, it's not like we don't know what happened with the Queen. I do think I will go back & see Season 2 as I liked the first cast so much. Not sure about after that.

Started Killing Eve last night. WOW.

Buckle your seat belt! It's going to be quite a ride! The first season was EXCELLENT! The second season, IMO wasn't as good. But, only by a slight margin. The creator & showrunner, Phoebe Waller-Bridge left the show to do Fleabag. I didn't know that, yet I could tell the change in people in charge, slightly.

I guess it's different strokes and all that. While I loved Claire Foy, I think I equally loved Olivia Coleman. She really captured the mature demeanor of the Elizabeth I started seeing in my lifetime. Tobias Menzies is also one of my favorite actors in anything, and I think he did a great job with the maturing Prince Phillip.

Thanks for the tip! Watch episode 1 just now in the train. Was great! And Carrie Fischer is in it. How do I not hear of this show?!?
I just started and finished season 1 yesterday, I was surprised to see Carrie Fischer. I love it!

I've watched Seasons 1 and 2 of "You". Loved the first, the second was ok. A little over the top, and I didn't really care for the woman this time around.

Started "Cheer" - don't know if I'm going to continue with it. I don't have kids, so my opinion is probably a little wonky, but man...those kids are too obsessed! It ain't right - to me.

Also started "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel". I'm 3 episodes in and I really like it.

For those of you that have watched "A Marriage Story", was it good? Probably going to watch this soon.

For those of you that have watched "A Marriage Story", was it good? Probably going to watch this soon.

It was OK. I don't think Scarlett Johannson was SAG Award or Oscar worthy. Any other actress would have done just as well in that part. There were no moments in the writing that scream "Oscar moment." Adam Driver was better than I thought he would be. But, that's not saying much. I thought he was so miscast in, Star Wars. So, for the most part I don't like him. (YMMV.) Laura Dern was really good. Although I felt she played the same role as in, Big Little Lies.

Last edited:
Bong Joon Ho, directed the movie, Parasite, which is out in theatres now, and just won the Golden Globe for Best Foreign Film, is nominated for a SAG Award for Best Cast Ensemble and for a few Oscars, including Best Film & Best Director. It's a very funny dark comedy and deserves the GG win. It would be great to see the cast get the SAG Award too. But, probably not enough voters wanted to sit through subtitles.

Anyway, Bong Joon Ho also directed a couple movies now on Netflix. I'm interested in seeing Snowpiercer, which stars Chris Evans & Tilda Swinton & Octavia Spencer. It's all in English too.

Galavant. It is a musical tv series. Lasted two seasons. I rewatch once a year and knock it out in less than two days (18 half hour episodes). Funny show, fun characters, awesome cameos, great songs, and a nice earworm song for the whole series. This show is just pure fun. Ends in a wonderful place.

Lost in Space. Really surprised how much we enjoy this show. The Witcher. Just finished it. As a fan of the books and the games, I can't WAIT for next season!

I've watched Seasons 1 and 2 of "You". Loved the first, the second was ok. A little over the top, and I didn't really care for the woman this time around.

Started "Cheer" - don't know if I'm going to continue with it. I don't have kids, so my opinion is probably a little wonky, but man...those kids are too obsessed! It ain't right - to me.

Yes! I finished season 1, and just started 2 of You. Ehh, I am not feeling it. And I don't care for the woman either. I don't know what it is, it just feels forced. :confused3

As with Cheer, imho, it is like any other college sport. To get to that level you to invest a majority of your free time to it. I found it interesting, and I love how the director takes the kids who didn't grow up in the best circumstances. She tries to teach them discipline and structure so they can succeed in life.

Anyway, Bong Joon Ho also directed a couple movies now on Netflix. I'm interested in seeing Snowpiercer, which stars Chris Evans & Tilda Swinton & Octavia Spencer. It's all in English too.

Snowpiercer is good, but very strange. I've probably watched it a half dozen times, mostly for Chris Evans.

Galavant. It is a musical tv series. Lasted two seasons. I rewatch once a year and knock it out in less than two days (18 half hour episodes). Funny show, fun characters, awesome cameos, great songs, and a nice earworm song for the whole series. This show is just pure fun. Ends in a wonderful place.

Galavant is wonderful and I'm still sad it was canceled.

Honestly, I thought it was depressing, but maybe that was the point. It isn't something I'd watch again. I could say that about alot of movies though :confused3 I really like Adam Driver and think he acted really well in this, Scarlett Johanssen :rolleyes1Last night we watched The Two Popes, also on Netflix. It was different, lots of subtitles.

Galavant is wonderful and I'm still sad it was canceled.

I rewatch Galavant every year as well! Every time I get a kick out of the full dance/choral number starting Season 2 about how they're surprised they were renewed. And the cameos!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter