Nestle Tollhouse

Mindibellcm

DIS Veteran
Hi. Does anyone have the receipe that they use at the Nestle Tollhouse cooking class at Disneyland. We just happened onto the class and I would lkie the receipe. It was great as Alice and her friends were there helping the little ones cook.
Mindi

I believe it is the classic toll house recipe off the back of the bag of chocolate chips.

How cool that Alice was there! We took our kids in Feb and let them do it and they loved it. No Alice though.

Yep, just the standard Tollhouse recipe that's on the back of the chips bag. :)

Yes, it was great to have Alice, the white rabbit, the madhatter and the queen of hearts! I was snapping pictures like a crazy lady.
Mindi

It is the recipe that is on the bags.

When we did it, the person in charge was not very loud and her shout was really soft. Then there was another girl who threw a tantrum because she did not get to do what she wanted to. The person in charge let her do three times as many things and it really upset me. Why do they give into that? My boys are not going to cry. They knew if they did we would pull them out of there faster than they knew what was going on. The other sad thing were the parents that told there kids to enjoy it because they still were not going to help make cookies when they got home. That broke my heart. Sure there is a little more mess when they help, but they have a sense of pride in helping mom! :grouphug:

Sorry to get on my soapbox tonight. I have also heard of Mary Poppins stopping by. That is really cool, and your child connects with them a little more! :thumbsup2

kuusimo said:
. . . Then there was another girl who threw a tantrum because she did not get to do what she wanted to. . . .

This reminds me of the girl in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Too funny!

Mindibellcm said:
Hi. Does anyone have the receipe that they use at the Nestle Tollhouse cooking class at Disneyland. We just happened onto the class and I would lkie the receipe. It was great as Alice and her friends were there helping the little ones cook.
Mindi

Where is the cooking class held? I bet my kids would love that! They both drag over chairs when I cook anything, and if it's something really yummy, like cookies or frosting, they have to "make sure it taste right" by "cleaning" off the beaters!

Found this info from from this wdinfo website:

New! The Nestlé Toll House Junior Chef Baking Experience

'The Nestlé Toll House Junior Chef Baking Experience' located at the Plaza Pavilion on Main Street in Disneyland invites up to 20 young guests between the ages of 4-10 to make a batch of Nestlé Toll House Cookies! Children are put in teams to measure, mix and bake. The reward is a warm Nestle' Toll House Cookie!

This complimentary, first come, 25 minute activity takes place up to 5 times per day. Check your daily schedule for time.

It was held on the hour when we were there. The kids got a tall chefs hat and colored before it began. The building is right at the end of mainstreet as you turn to go to adventureland. It is a great idea, and my children LOVED it. Each child gets two cookies to take home as well. You don't get many things FREE at Dinsneyland, and this was a great perk! :cool1:

Yep, entering the park it's all the way down to the end of mainstreet on the left. They'll have some of the helpers out front holding the chef's hats, inviting kids in. And we had 2 two year olds in our party and they let them participate too. :)

Oh, really? They let 2yo participate? I was thinking my older boy (5yo) would love it, but better not try unless DSnearly2 is otherwise occupied. Maybe he would be able to do it as well... Something to think about. We'll be there in three days! :banana:

My son is 2 as well and they let him participate as well. Do it- they will have a ball!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter