Needing Express Pass Mid April 2018?

mernin

DIS Veteran
We are planning to add time after our Disney Cruise in Orlando in mid April 2018 (I know people suggest doing parks before the cruise but it just doesn't work for timing for us this time). We are first timers to Universal and are planning 2 day park-to-park tickets in combination with time at WDW. My dd10 is a HUGE HP fan and has been asking to go here for quite some time.

We have two scenarios that I am looking at:
1. Stay April 14 at Royal Pacific for 1 night to get express pass for April 14 & 15. We would get off our cruise this am and check in (drop off luggage at bell desk) before heading to the park for the day. Check out on the 15 and spend that day at Universal as well before heading over to WDW to check into our second part of the week.
2. Stay over by WDW (looking at a Townhouse rental which we've used before or on property) for whole trip and spend 2 days between April 14-22 at Universal. We wouldn't buy the express pass. Would save the difference in the cost of the hotel vs the condo for 1 night (about $200).

So my question is, is the express pass going to make a huge difference in mid April? We could be there on a weekend day in either option so I know it would be busier on those days. I know what to expect at WDW but having never been to Universal before, I'm flying blind!

Thanks for any advice or thoughts!

Express will be needed for mid April as many schools are still on spring break. Specifically, during the early part of your trip. Also, express is now offered for the Harry Potter attractions which is allows you to see and do more with express.

some fridays in april/may have the studios closing early due to grad adventure/grad bash annual events.

you can check dates by googling those events.

there are some sections of the states that do have their break in early-mid april.

if you use the search button, it will be easy to find what dates in the past years have been affected

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter