• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need your advice & help....

rwalker1304

Are we there yet? Calgary, Alberta.
I haven't been in 4 years. I feel like I have lost all of my tips and tricks.

DIS Dads, can you help a DIS Dad out and lend me your tips, tricks and commando moves?

As a DIS Dad, it is my obligation, nay my duty, to ensure that the family has a blast, doesn't get too worn out, and experiences the most magic possible.

Thanks, in advance, DIS Dads.

RW

I haven't been in 4 years. I feel like I have lost all of my tips and tricks.

DIS Dads, can you help a DIS Dad out and lend me your tips, tricks and commando moves?

As a DIS Dad, it is my obligation, nay my duty, to ensure that the family has a blast, doesn't get too worn out, and experiences the most magic possible.

Thanks, in advance, DIS Dads.

RW

What tips do you need? The FP+ was a game changer for me. We do the parks commando, but since we are DVC members, we enjoy the resort one day and the parks one day. I've got my live trip report link with some past trip reports in my signature that may help.

What tips do you need? The FP+ was a game changer for me. We do the parks commando, but since we are DVC members, we enjoy the resort one day and the parks one day. I've got my live trip report link with some past trip reports in my signature that may help.

I am hoping for tips on how to handle the crowds and heat, how to get the most out of our time in the parks but at the same time how/where to experience the little "magic moments" that can be missed if going full commando mode.

Traveling party is DW, DD5, DD1.75, Sis-in Law's family (+ husband, twin boys 11) and two grandparents.

RW

I am hoping for tips on how to handle the crowds and heat, how to get the most out of our time in the parks but at the same time how/where to experience the little "magic moments" that can be missed if going full commando mode.

Traveling party is DW, DD5, DD1.75, Sis-in Law's family (+ husband, twin boys 11) and two grandparents.

RW

The obvious ones. Make ADRs. Do FP+.

I like going to parks every other day. But, we go once a year. And, I don't like Park Hoppers as I lose too much time in transportation. Do your children nap? It might be better to do parks in AM, nap in afternoon at resort, return at night.
Still, the resorts are terrific and already paid for. Take some time to enjoy them.

I try to use character ADRs for pictures and resting. Thus, while I don't get a photo pass shot of the princesses, I took pictures at Akershus breakfast, autographs signed, and then I didn't wait in line for them. In the parks, keep moving. When waiting in line, have one person get drinks and snacks for children. Return to rides missed if a must do.

Use single rider and/or child swap when available.

With the FP+, the strategy this last trip was to use them fairly close together in the afternoon. That way, when I knew it would be the hottest, I had three attractions close together in time and proximity so that I could stay out of the sun the longest.

I have napped in so many places in WDW, although Epcot WS has best locations in the countries in the AC. I've slept thru France movie so many times.

Finally, talk it over with everyone. If grandparents or children are tired, will everyone return to resort or go rest? Or, can group split?

With the little ones plan on taking a break in the middle of the day back at resort. If, and big if, kids and everyone are in good spirits and good moods then adjust on the fly and skip the mid day break.

Norm already said make ADR's window opens at 180 days from your first day of stay.

FP+ - We did these first time in March and I adjusted plan for trip in July. We can hit park opens / rope drop so gonna use FP for attractions later in the day as you can hit several things early a.m. before crowds build up and then have FP say between 11:00 - 4:00.

I have always gone by rule of have a plan but be flexible with it and go with the flow a bit.

Enjoy!

Thanks gents! Those are all great reminders/tips.

We have FP+s mapped out but may be doing them a bit earlier, so as to allow for an early afternoon retreat to the resort for naps and swimtime. We did make a reservation for Bibiddi bobbidi boutique for DD5 and it is a total surprise for her. Looking forward to that day.

We have some dinner and lunch reservations, including CRT after DD's BBB appointment. We have never dined there, so we are pretty excited (all of us). Yak & Yeti, via Napoli, Mama Melrose, Liberty Tree and California Grill (DW and me alone) all made the list this trip. One day at TL minus the grandparents and our youngest, which should be great.

Planning to make it a few times for rope drop, but happy not to rush with FP+s already in (e)hand. DD5 is a bit of a daredevil, and she's 45" tall, so she is talking a big game about the rides this go round.

Was thinking about trekking over to Tom Sawyer island. Still worth the effort?

RW

I didn't see if they mentioned it but if you can get a early morning Crystal Palace breakfast I highly reccomend it. If it is within 20 min of park opening they will let you in early. We were able to get some awesome pictures of DS (7 Months and 13 Months) most likely something we will try to do every trip.

22E1B427-A193-4EA7-BB78-AC0442593817_zpss1kevlaj.jpg

FBE941D2-3892-4701-8C10-128171082E15_zps3a2zlytp.jpg

9F5270CA-1333-4093-BF5B-253BE67D6CA8_zpscq5rf9ss.jpg

F208E392-FFA9-4129-9825-CB00F755213F_zpsg8aggwjh.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter