• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need to show AAA card at check in??

Sammy

DIS Veteran
My family (DH, myself, 3 kids) will hopefully be going to WDW in May 2002 with my parents. They belong to AAA and will be booking the rooms to get the discounts. However, we will probably be checking in a few days prior to their arrival. Will there be a problem with us checking in under the AAa rate if we do not actually have the card?? Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!!!

Sammy

I just made a reservation for ASMovies with AAA discount and was told that I needed the card at check-in. I received my confirmation in the mail today and it says the same thing on my reservation sheet.
"AAA membership card required at check-in for discount"

This past June I made res. for both my family and friends through AAA the friends res were in their names but at AAA rates. They checked in 3 days after we did using only vouchers from AAA no card was asked for. I don't think you will have any problems as long as you have the vouchers. We are also planning to go May 2002 were are you staying I called a couple of weeks ago and got AAA rates for All Star Movies.

bgeorge6:

I am not familiar at all with AAA......what are the vouchers you mention? We are not sure where we will be staying.....either 3 rooms at the AllStars or 2 rooms at DxL (oops! That's PO, Riverside now!!) Thanks!

AAA books your rooms through Disney Travel they required us to have rooms paid for 30 prior to our arrival about 2 weeks before we left they gave us vouchers that had all of our reservation info. At check in all we gave the CM was the vouchers.

If you join the Disney Club card,will save you money on joining AAA
Pay no enrollment fee to join AAA and save 10% off the first year of AAA membership dues!
Then you will have peace of mind and for 12 mo.help with your car should you need it!! Plus AAA has Terrific Travel Agents,mine saved me a bundle finding discounts,and booking and confirming trip Details even made my PS for me!!:smooth: :smooth:

tink2dw: Thanks for the info on DC/AAA.....I did not know that!!!
bgeorge6: Thanks for clearing up the voucher question.....I didn't realize that AAA actually books the rooms for you. We shouldn't have any problems checking in with the vouchers then!! Hopefully, everything works out and we'll be able to go!!

Sammy

Sammy, just wanted to make sure you know that if you book through AAA (thus getting vouchers) you will be buying a package, which requires you to pay for the whole trip in advance. Also, the cancellation policy on packages is 45 days before check-in (otherwise you lose your deposit).

If you book "room only" through CRO at (407) W-DISNEY you can get the AAA discount on your room, you won't be buying a package and you will only have to pay for one night's deposit in advance, with the rest due when you check out. The cancellation policy is 5 days that way.

Personally, I would buy the discounted AAA membership through Disney Club (depending on state, only costs about $35) and then book through CRO instead of AAA.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Maybe all AAA aren't the same we booked room only with them no package paid one nignts room balance due 30 days prior to leaving and had a 5 day can.policy.

FoodLover: Thanks for the additional information on AAA bookings....I think I will be joining the DC (I can get discounted membership thru work), then join AAA through that. DH has always wanted to join anyway. I would much prefer making our own reservations through CRO.....I like being more in control of the reservation in case of any changes, etc.

BTW, LOVE your website.....I check it several times a week for new discounts!!

Sammy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter