Need to shorten stay at Pop Century...?

Skoolbread98

Earning My Ears
I hope someone can help me with some questions...
We usually stay at my aunt's for WDW trips, but this time we booked Pop Century for 8 nights beginning February 25. At the last minute we decided to stay with my Aunt again but only starting February 27. We will stay at Pop the first 2 nights.

Can the trip be shortened online or do I need to call? And will they have to search for those 2 nights all over again, so it will be subject to current availability? That's what I'm worried about and wanted to get clarification on before I call.

What will happen to our Fastpasses for the nights we had to cancel? Will I have to wait until 30 days out to rebook those (which is soon)...?

Thank you!

If you are more than 30 days out, you can shorten your trip without penalty but I am pretty sure that you will have to call to get that done.

They should not have to cancel your reservation and rebook, They should be able to just cancel the days.

As to your last question, you will keep your fast passes for the onsite portion but I have no idea what will happen tot he cancelled days. Sorry I can't help with that one.

I have read repeatedly for the last year that this sort of change is no longer simple. That they will reprice it and it will go with current availability.

If you are more than 30 days out, you can shorten your trip without penalty but I am pretty sure that you will have to call to get that done.

They should not have to cancel your reservation and rebook, They should be able to just cancel the days.

As to your last question, you will keep your fast passes for the onsite portion but I have no idea what will happen tot he cancelled days. Sorry I can't help with that one.
It is no longer as simple as it used to be, and as it should be. OP will have to call and see what the new procedure is for canceling nights.

Thank you all. That is what I was worried about... online it shows Pop with no availability, nor is anthing open at the other value resorts that I checked. Looks like our only option may to be to find an off-site hotel the first 2 nights.

I’ll definitely call and find out if I have any other options.

It is no longer as simple as it used to be, and as it should be. OP will have to call and see what the new procedure is for canceling nights.
After reading the DIS forum for the last couple of years, I can see why WDW has made it difficult. I have read many posts where people will reserve a room for more nights then they will need, because they have not finalized either time off work or airlines etc. and then cancel 3-4 nights at the deadline, or reserving dates hoping for FD etc. leaving WDW with these little block of dates to try and fill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter