Need Suggestions...Group of 13

Mickey Fliers

DIS Veteran
All right, all you experts. I need some help. I need to plan a dinner for 13 people (8 adults, 5 kids) for Nov. 12th. We need to stay out of the parks, since one person probably won't have a pass. Where would you go? We are staying at WL. I don't know where the rest of the group is staying. Please help..

I'm not sure where you should eat. It really depends on the type of dinner you want. I'd say Whispering Canyon right in your own hotel would be fun with that many people, but there are so many other choices. Just in the MK area there is Ohanna, Chef Mickey...

However, I've just finished making PS for 11 people for eight days. The one piece of advice I can give you if you want to all be seated at the same table is make your PS for the time they open for that meal (in your case - dinner). When I made PS for 5:00PM I was always able to get one table (even at CRT for lunch at noon). I mentioned how I didn't think CRT could even seat 11 at one table and the CM said that they could do just about any size party when they first openned because they could move the tables however they needed.

Just a tip - BTW - every other PS I have (those not for the first seating of the meal) is broken into two or even three tables.

princess: Shelly

For non-park dining, I'd recommend the following:

O'Hana's
Whispering Canyon Cafe
California Grill
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Chef Mickey's (ONLY for breakfast -- dinner is awful)

Easiest is best when dealing with a group.

Whispering Canyon.

With that large of a group you are sure to have a blast!

WDWO

Having traveled this week with a group that size, the only restaurants that did a great job accomadating a group were Jiko, Kona and the Galley. All for dinner.The FF wanted us to use a group menu. They will also push you to eat very early or very late.

Thanks guys. You have made some great suggestions. I am also waiting to hear from Alana at YC IPO to see what she has been able to come up with. Hopefully there is still room 2 weeks out. I was thinking about Whispering Canyon or Artist Point. Also, dinner at Ohana's would be great.

Have a great day.

I tried making a PS for 14 at Whispering Canyon. For a group that size, you have to be in the first seating or at the very end of the night. I tried close to 90 days out, and because of the seating times requirements, nothing worked for our group.

However, I've always been advised we might not be seated together in a group that size. regardless of the restaurant. But I've yet to be separated. Rarely, we are at separate tables, but if we are, they are always next to each other. Usually though, they put tables together for us.

For a fancier place Artist Point is one of our favorite restaurants at WDW.

Chef Mickey and Ohanas are really nice too. Lots of fun. Also, we were really surprised in impressed with the Grand Floridian Cafe. Excellent food and we're going back to try the chocolate dessert fondue in December.

For a place off the beaten path but not too far from the WL is Trails End at Fort Wilderness. The food is simple but good. Not too fancy and nice after son pretty fancy meals at other places. I know that it can handle a large group because it is a buffet. We have done this a couple of times with large groups. There are no PS taken but we onlyl waited 20 minutes one Sat night to get a table for a group of 11, plus we wanted a special waitress.

Dona :wave2: :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter