need suggestions for dinner for 14 after a wedding in Vegas

Hermosa11

<font color=deeppink>Have a good laugh and read th
Well, my son will be getting married in Las Vegas in May. He wants to find a nice restaurant for about 14 of us. He does not want too loud.....too romantic and quiet.....does not want Applebees, Chilis....is there a restaurant maybe that can offer an area for this amount of guests?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

OMG there are soooo many places- what kind of food? how expensive/reasonable do you want to go? Where is the wedding being held? what hotel/area are they staying? Do they want a fancy or informal place? are they looking for a sit down or buffet style? Need more info. than you have...

OMG there are soooo many places- what kind of food? how expensive/reasonable do you want to go? Where is the wedding being held? what hotel/area are they staying? Do they want a fancy or informal place? are they looking for a sit down or buffet style? Need more info. than you have...

Yep, I do know there are tons of restaurants there............I am hoping to narrow down the field.....
They will be staying at MGM Grand (I will be next door at Tropicanna)
the wedding is going to be 10am at the Sunset Valley Overlook....something like that....
So, get married....come back to the strip area....and do dinner somewhere strip area.....
Couple are young....22 and 23yr....I think they are paying....but I certainly will put in my share for meal....so I assume something reasonable.....no fine dining ....but nice. He does not want chain type restaurant....(like Rainforest cafe)....he does not want babies crying at next table.....his new wife's younger sister is Jr. High....so no strip club.:rotfl:
No buffet...
I was wondering about VooDoo Restaurant at the Rio....50th floor....Not sure how expensive that is.
American type food. No asian meal....no buffet.....no fancy fancy fine dining....but yet nice.

Thanks.....

Well I'm not much help. We have so many restaurants here and I can't think of one American one to recommend. LOL I could recommend a Mexican one, a Chinese, or an Italian but I know that's not what you are looking for. I'm sure someone else will be able to come up with something. As for the Voodoo Cafe & Lounge I've never been but I heard it's between $20-30 a plate. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Good luck!

Well I'm not much help. We have so many restaurants here and I can't think of one American one to recommend. LOL I could recommend a Mexican one, a Chinese, or an Italian but I know that's not what you are looking for. I'm sure someone else will be able to come up with something. As for the Voodoo Cafe & Lounge I've never been but I heard it's between $20-30 a plate. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Good luck!

No....you just may be able to be a great source of information.....
Let's go with maybe suggestions of Mexican and Italian. (both yummy for me!!!) but there are other people in the group....ha

son is looking for ambiance.....nice area for a group.....not too family oriented with kiddies running around (I doubt there would since it is Vegas, but what do I know). He does not want chain type places.....and I suppose $30/plate may be high for them.

Feel free to brainstorm here .........:wizard:
Thanks!!!

No....you just may be able to be a great source of information.....
Let's go with maybe suggestions of Mexican and Italian. (both yummy for me!!!) but there are other people in the group....ha

son is looking for ambiance.....nice area for a group.....not too family oriented with kiddies running around (I doubt there would since it is Vegas, but what do I know). He does not want chain type places.....and I suppose $30/plate may be high for them.

Feel free to brainstorm here .........:wizard:
Thanks!!!

For Mexican I would recommend Border Grill at the Mandalay Bay. I've been there with a group about that size for a local message board get together. They have a couple different dining areas so you could request to be in the one that has the least amount of occupancy. Ours was a lunch function and we had the whole room to ourselves. They have their menu online with prices.

http://bordergrill.com/bg_lv/bg_lvwel.htm

For Italian there is Maggianos which is technically a chain but I don't think it's as popular or widely known as say Olive Garden. It also has a totally different ambience. They have private rooms as well.

http://www.maggianos.com/

And something a little different and slightly off strip is Bahama Breeze. I've been to a wedding reception here and the food was really good. It was nice to try some different things and they also had some less adventurous things like ribs and mashed potatoes. Like I said it is a little bit off the strip though (one main street east).

http://www.bahamabreeze.com/

Canaletto in the Venetian Hotel has a few big private dining patios overlooking the "Venice" canals. I'd give them a call and see if they can seat 14 in one of these private areas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter