Need suggestions for Atkins friendly meals at DL...

cotomom

<font color=red>That'd be FABULOUS!<br><font color
Going this week and just started Atkins. :rolleyes: Any help w/ suggestions of where to stay on track while inside the park?

Thanks!

I eat something simular to the atkins diet because I am type 2 diabetic and it is controled by diet. There are alot of yummy salads at pizza port. Also if there is a dish you want like chicken and it has patatos you can ask for veggies on the side. Stay away from the sodas even diet and drink lots of water.
I have never asked but I am sure they will make you a letice wrap burger at the burger places. Anytime I have asked for something specaill due to diet I have never had a problem so just ask :goodvibes
JenJen

(Atkins is the low carb, no breads & pastas and high proteans right??)

Try the Bengal bar-b-que - beef & chicken skewers also there's a couple of good options in Storytellers Cafe in the Grand Californian. I think that the Test Pilots Grill also has a couple of options.

I'd check out each of the location menus (I'll post the link if I can find it)

I'm sure you could order just about any burger and either have them hold the bun or just toss it! Bring with you some protein bars or shakes too.

There is a yummy chicken caesar salad at the Tomorrowland Terrace (or Buzz stage or whatever it is called now!). I have ordered burgers with no bun before too!

I usually do burgers (or a chicken sandwich) with no bun (just toss it.)

They have the turkey legs, right? I have never had one, but perhaps that is a good snack option? (If the outside is covered in a sauce, just pick off the skin.)

Salads are a good bet, but watch for hidden sugars in the dressings (even the creamy ones at say McDonalds are pretty high in sugar, especially if you are induction.) Same with ketchup on the burgers (mayo & mustard are OK.)

If you aren't in induction (or if you don't mind the few extra carbs, bring some small helpings of almonds or other nut for a snack.)

Finally, I always bring a water bottle with me & fill up at the drinking fountains (I am not a picky water person, and prefer it a bit warm anyway...or at least not ice cold!) :)

Best of luck with Atkins! I did it for a few years before getting pregnant, and am slowly starting back on it (still nursing.) The first 3 days can be really rough, but hang in there...you will eventually start to feel great! While eating this way, I don't get the "afternoon snoozies" I used to get. :)

I have eaten low-carb at WDW, but not DL. I really don't like the taste of the burgers at WDW without the bun. YMMV. I prefer the salads. BBQ would be "okay", but the sauce probably has a lot of sugars in it. IMO, turkey legs are :crazy2:, again YMMV.

Induction is hard enough (I know, I'm on induction again now), but I don't think I could do it at a theme park. Perhaps ... you could follow a modified plan while on vacation ... basically no starches and protien in every meal and get back to induction once you come home. If you have been on induction for about a week before you leave you should be over most of your carb cravings (and the nasty 'induction flu' should be gone)

The salads at Pizza Port already have the dressing on them. I did request a salad without dressing. I waited until they made a new batch and had they served me before they put the dressing on the rest of the salad.

Thanks everyone! I knew I could get good advice from you all :grouphug:

We go tomorrow. Wish me luck! :rolleyes1 The headaches and fatigue are about over. Hopefully the love of Disney will take over the love of JUNK! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter