Need some tips for taking our 3 month old baby to Disney World

You are going to have a wonderful time with your baby! I brought my son Everett at 4 months, 6 months and 10 months, and he was great all three times! When he was 4 months he couldn't sit up in a high chair either, and I was able to bring the stroller into every restaurant we ate at. I would just call Disney and be sure to have it noted in your ADR that you need space for the stroller, they are great about accommodating infants.

Here is a photo of the infant high chair, he was at Chef Mickeys at the time. They don't have them everywhere, but be sure to ask at the podium.

DSC_0052.jpg

It was so easy bringing him at 4 months, he just went with the flow. I also wouldn't worry at all about nursing him around WDW, there are nursing moms everywhere.

One thing I found helpful was to pack two bags for the parks, one with valuables and important things, and an extra bag with extra diapers, a second change of clothes, ponchos, etc, things that I wouldn't be heartbroken about if they disappeared. That way I was able to bring the lighter bag on and off rides, and leave some things behind in the stroller. I know this isn't advice for everyone, but I found it so much easier than carrying everything on to each ride.

Thank you so much for all the great tips. There is a lot of stuff I hadn't considered since it has been so long since we had a little baby in our home. ;) I am making a list of things I need to bring with us and hope to get it all together this weekend. Thanks again for your assistance. :thumbsup2

I didn't read all the responses, so forgive me if this is repeat.

If you haven't already started trying to feed her breastmilk through a bottle, start now. I would NOT want to bring a breast pump and assume the baby will drink from a bottle for the first time while in Disney. It oftentimes takes a while for babies to get used to the bottle.

Also, if your baby won't take the bottle from you, see if he/she will from your husband.

good luck

I nursed all over the park. I used my nursing cover, or my hoodie and had no issues. In fact, I must have been so discreet with my hoodie that people just kept talking and talking to me and seemed startled when I sat Solomon up and wiped his mouth. ;)

My nursing cover was fine but I got alot of questions about where I purchased it or if I made it.

We purposefully did everything together. Solomon rode everything I did. It was fine.

No help on the dining.. we used the QS dining (we got it free on the promotion.)

I've brought a 4-month old and a 3-month old to Disney. I agree with the KISS method-- we just brought the bare minimum in our backpack and knew that, for an emergency, we would be able to buy what we needed in the BCC. Maya wraps are great for little ones, and if your baby has decent head control, I'd suggest an Ergo, forward facing. They distribute weight well and are easy on the back. 3 month olds are a little young for backpack carriers.

As for nursing, I also nursed my kids all over the place and had no problem. Restaurants, a bench in the Splash Mountain exit area, the back row of the Great Movie Ride, etc. I even nursed my little one during a parade next to an older gentleman (with a cover) and his wife commented that she thought I was doing a great thing for my little one (I think he was a little freaked out, but hey, my kid had to eat). I'd recommend a cover if you are shy (I am), but I saw plenty of moms nursing w/o one and it was fine. Enjoy your trip and your little one! My middle son had a wonderful time on all the rides when he was an infant. My daughter, not so much, so be prepared for that. Hubby and I just switched off taking the older kids to the rides, and while it was not easy, we still had a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter