Need some help with reservation

candielips

DIS Veteran
Right now we are booked at AKL-studio from Jan 28 to Feb 2 and then on to the Dream.
We really, really wanted to stay at BLT and are willing to spend the points on any view in either a studio or 1 bdrm.
Right now they have from Jan 30 to Feb 2 available at BLT studio lake view but nothing for the 1st 2 nights.
Would you book a split stay for the 1st 2 nights and then BLT for the last and hope that something comes up for the 28th of Jan or the 29th at BLT? We dont even care about the 28th as our plane gets in really late that night and we could just stay somewhere close to the airport in St. Petes.
This is our 1st DVC vacation as we are brand new owners. HELP!

Depends on how many of you there are, and how much you unpack in a room. If you really want BLT, I would take the available nights, and waitlist for the others with the AKL backup. Then I would also call MS every now and again as many report a room suddenly matches the waitlist while on the phone.

Depends on how many of you there are, and how much you unpack in a room. If you really want BLT, I would take the available nights, and waitlist for the others with the AKL backup. Then I would also call MS every now and again as many report a room suddenly matches the waitlist while on the phone.

There are 4 of us. Myself, DH, DD4, DS2.

I agree... Take the days that are available (if they still are) and waitlist the others with AKV as your backup.

Definately grab the nights that are available and waitlist for the others!

We had booked our trip for the end of December and kept changing our arrival date (1 day earlier, then another, etc.) and in the end our first 3 nights were at 3 different resorts.
We don't mind moving and we would like to experience the different resorts, but the more we talked, the more we decided to try get them all at one resort.

We had lucked into our first night (12/28) at BLT. A month or so ago, I had called to add that night and was looking for any studios on site and we had a couple choices and MS kept checking and said, "Oh one just popped up - BLT" I grabbed it and was so excited!

This last Friday I called to see if we could switch our 2nd and 3rd night to BLT. We were approaching our 30 day cancellation window and I thought maybe others may have had to cancel also. As expected, nothing available at BLT, but I was able to waitlist the 2nd night (not enough points to waitlist the 3rd - 2 points shy). I had a wonderful agent at MS for that call and really appreciated all his help and advice! I called back the next day to check for our 3rd day and my waitlist had come through for 12/29 at BLT!

Sunday I called first thing, no BLT studio available. I called again mid-day, no BLT. I called again 1/2 hour before closing time and they had both LV and MK studios available at BLT!!!
I grabbed the LV and had to purchase 2 one-time use points to complete the reservation.

Our trip is now:
12/28-12/31 @ BLT LV Studio
12/31-1/3 @ OKW 1B
1/3-1/7 @ BWV 1B

I am a believer in letting the waitlist work for you, but it is clear that close to the 30 day mark before your trip, others may have had to cancel or change dates, etc.
I was floored to even grab one day at BLT so close to New Years Eve, but I was flabbergasted at my luck this weekend.
This is our first trip to WDW since bying DVC (our first stay was at VGC at DL). I have had waitlists come through with both our our stays, but I also got lucky by calling in and checking.

Best of luck to you and congratulations on buying DVC!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!