Need some help with choices for PS

redsaid

Earning My Ears
We are taking our kids for their 1st time in November. DH & I have not been for probably 20+years. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

There will be 4 of us, little people will be (DD8 & DS5).

We are staying POFQ on the 7 for 5 deal and have not made any specific decisions on what days for what parks etc. but I do want to plan some PS for special places.

My top thoughts (kids experience is my primary concern this trip).

Ohana for dinner (don't know what Wishes is or if it happens in the beginning of November but if so then would try to PS for 8pm or so)

Chef Mickey's (MK?) dinner

Crystal Palace - either lunch or breakfast

Breakfast Buffett at 1900 Park Fare (GF)

Ice Cream Social (Epcot) at Garden Grille.

I know from reading these boards to try to keep it to 1 PS per day basically so there is room for 1 or 2 more.

Do you think that these are good choices for my kids and their ages? I am gonna skip Cindy's (don't think that will be the best choice, would prefer to have both kids excited for these things not just one).

Is Fantasmic worth it? Am I missing something that you would definitely do if it were your childrens first trip?

If anyone has some ideas, input or suggestions I would really appreciate it.

THANK YOU! :sunny:

Ohana's for WISHES!!! Yes, do this... and if you do PS for 8pm, try to be there by 7:15-7:30 latest and ask for a table next to the window, the early you get there the better. Wishes is a wonderful fireworks display over the castle, they pipe in the music into Ohana's, turn down the lights, etc during it. GREAT!
Yes also to Fatasmic, great show, love it every time. Done in a HUGE stadium around a mountain in the middle of the water. Fireworks, music, live actors, the whole nine yard. You can get a dinner package at any of the restraunts that also gives you reserved seating for the show. Don't miss it!
We also like the Beirgarten, for lunch it's pretty cheap, I think $14 or $17.... and yummy, they put on a fun show in the restraunt.
Um, also heard JIKO is very nice, and Boma's is another hit.
They have a BBQ at FW with Mickey as well, cool for kiddos.
If you have a chance to go offsite Jungle Jim's is fun, 50+ types of burgers (or you can have chicken or veggie burger) and good priced as well.

Wishes is a fireworks display at the Magic Kingdom so it isn't a restaurant. They still should have Wishes as it is a fairly new display of fireworks.

Haven't been to Chef Mickeys for dinner but breakfast is awesome!!

Crystal Palace is neat with Pooh Characters and if cost is an issue, go for breakfast if you can because it is less expensive than lunch and dinner, if not lunch is still cheaper than dinner.

Ice cream social would be a neat mid afternoon break and refresher and treat before finishing out the day.

Are you going to MGM? May I suggest either 50's Prime Time Cafe (our favorite) or Sci Fi Drive In. Both these are fun for families. We went to 50's the first time when DD was 9 and nephew was 6. They both had a wonderful time and we have eaten there every trip since.

A nice character breakfast is at the Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club. Goofy, Chip and Dale and Minnie are there dressed in cute tropical clothes.

thank you

We do plan on going to all parks but didn't have a specific plan for eating at MGM except maybw fantasmic. I will keep the other 2 you mentioned in mind. Thanks

oh my! so much to figure out, i really appreciate the input I have received.

Hi, I agree don't miss Fantasmic! You might want to investigate the character meals and give your kids a choice of what they would like to do. My niece and nephew (twins, age 6) usually pick out one or two place each year. By the way my nephew loves the attention from the princesses as much as my niece and both Cinderella's Castle and the Norway pavilion are really nice places. This year my niece picked the Princess StoryBook Breakfast in EPCOT and 1900 Park Faire for dinner, it has Cinderella, Prince Charming, the mice, Suzy and Perla, and the Fairy Godmother in the waiting area. My nephew picked Donald's Breakfastasourus at AK, the only meal where Donald is a regular (he can also be hard to find in the other parks) and the Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends at the MK. We also always do Chef Mickeys the first evening we are there as it gets us in the Disney mood. Happy planning! Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter