Need some help for ideas...

TinkerBean

Earning My Ears and Losing My Mind<br><font color=
My sister and her children are coming to visit and I need some ideas for crafty activities...

They are girls ages 3 and 5 and then there are my kids, the Bean is 9 and then there is Max who is 12.

These are some of the things I have thought of (I will also be using some of these ideas when we go to our annual family reunion in late August)

- Painting little wodden bird houses
- Tie Dye t-shirts
- Crayola wonder clay (AC Moore has all crayola on for 40% off this week)
- Crayola wonder finger paints
- Face Painting
- making bookmarks for the Adults in the family

TIA

Rhonda

Get some cheap small scrapbooks and give them some cut outs, markers, etc and let them mae a page or 2 page layout a day. Afteer you print the pics - they canput them in their books and take them home to remember the time.

- beads and strech cord.
- that black paper stuff that youscratch off and color is underneath.
- look at the vacation Bible school aisle my Ms has been putting it on sale.

My kids and I loved to paint the smooth river rocks with acrylic... When they were little I had a bunch of bugs and snakes...as they got older we had fairy houses and animals with fur. I would paint them with sealer, and they went in the garden, I also have them all over my porch, and as door stops... They still will talk about sitting around the kitchen table painting the rocks...

These aren't ours, but gives you an idea of what I mean...

painted+rocks.jpg

workinprogress3.jpg

some craft shops have little trinket boxes etc which are fun to paint, or how about egg cups/mugs they can use after the vacation?

I love all of the ideas - thanks guys~!

I can't wait for them to come...They are so cute.

I will be taking them to the New England Aquarium and the Musuem of Science too.

Good to see you, Tinkerbean, hope you are doing well!

Max may not be interested, but the American Girl store in Natick is a great place to go too!

We know the American Girl Doll store only too well...

The Bean has 5 AG dolls (how is that possible) and now she claims she *needs* Rebbeca...;)

We know the American Girl Doll store only too well...

The Bean has 5 AG dolls (how is that possible) and now she claims she *needs* Rebbeca...;)

Did I give you mine yet, or are those counting mine, or are those totally separate?

Does she have Felicity and Samantha?

...Would she like them (or even duplicates?) They're taking up space in my room... and I was just starting to be able to see my rug again. It'd be a favor to me to take them off my hands. And I know G doesn't want them.. I think.

hey how about the eric carle museum? bubba has been dying to go there. and how about a day at quincy market? that's one of our favs too. and the duck tours?
i just asked ds and he said they could always go to the lego store in natick or burlington. --no bubba, that's what you want to do!!!!--

Did I give you mine yet, or are those counting mine, or are those totally separate?

Does she have Felicity and Samantha?

...Would she like them (or even duplicates?) They're taking up space in my room... and I was just starting to be able to see my rug again. It'd be a favor to me to take them off my hands. And I know G doesn't want them.. I think.

Ahem, if Bean doesn't want Felicity (but who wouldn't?), Morgan would take her off your hands. She has Samantha, she looks just like her ;)

hey how about the eric carle museum? bubba has been dying to go there. and how about a day at quincy market? that's one of our favs too. and the duck tours?
i just asked ds and he said they could always go to the lego store in natick or burlington. --no bubba, that's what you want to do!!!!--

LOL. It does sound like fun though ;)

Rhonda, there's a really really nice Zoo in Mendon (Soutwicks). We have a radio station in town that sells passes, 2 adults and 2 kids entrance for $37, the regular price of that is $62. If you want more info, let me know and I'll PM ya.

i'd love to do southwicks with you.
bubba is actually going on a field trip with camp there next week.

ZtoH,

Check with G first, and then with your Mom...Then I'm sure the Bean would happily take them off your hands (if the offer is still open)

Miss ya - It's been ages.

YOM

I didn't even *know* about the Eric Carle Museum...*I* would love that...

Here 's a little lego story. My BFF used to live in a really well to do suburb and they had a "swap" area at the local dump. Well she used to find the coolest stuff for the kids there until one day DH said "No more" (we were kinds running out of room)

So one day she calls and says to DH, "I guess I should leave these three garbage full of legos here at the swap then..." Apparently DH decided that we had "room" for those. :laughing:

That would be fun...DS has been to the Southwick Zoo.

Another story...DS has lots of field trips during camp. The teachers are really good about taking pictures and emailing them to us. DS doesn't talk much about his days, I usually have to press him for details.

He comes home one day and I'm like "So do anything fun today?" He answers with a grunt. Then I get the picture and there he is riding an *elephant*..."Hey Max, did you do anything today that maybe you'll never do again in your lifetime?" He answers "Oh yeah, I rode an elephant..."

Good grief.

oh yeah, i rode an elephant! like no big deal.....
:rotfl:
that's funny.

bubba and i looked up the eric carle museum today and it's in amherst. i REALLY want to take him to see it, while he loves it. the hungry caterpillar is one of his fav books. he loves the part after he eats everything, because i used to make up my own version at that point. (before he could read!) we still laugh about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!