• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Some Advice

FanOfStitch

DIS Veteran
First I would like to say Hello to everyone and Thanks for all the good info that I have been getting off of this board. I'm new to this, so please bear with me. Anyway, I am going to be taking my son to Disneyland for the first time for the 50th. I would also like to see some other sites as long as I'm there. We will be staying offsite for the first week and then at Grand Californian for the second week so obviously the second week I'm doing all Disney. The first week however, I would like to go to Sea World and I was wondering the best way of getting there from Anaheim. I was thinking Amtrak but don't know if the trains run early enough. Is there any other transportation down there (that wouldn't cost an arm or a leg)? Or do you think I would better off staying a couple of days in San Diego? Sea World is really the only thing I want to do down there. Thanks for any help.

Sea world is great, but so is the zoo. You didn't say how old the son was, but if he likes zoo's you shouldn't miss this one. I would suggest staying in San Diego for a few days, there is lots to do. My favorite place to stay is the Paradise Point resort and spa, we went to DL this year and I miss our stay at PP.

I'll second the Zoo recomendation as well as staying in San Diego a night or two or three... it is too far to go for just the day (in my book, anyhow).

Thanks for all your info. We live in WI, so we don't get to CA very often. (I don't like to fly). There are other parks and other touristy things that I would like to do while we are down there. My son is 11 (going on 35), so is the would the zoo still be something that you would recommend? Also, is Legoland closer to Anahiem or San Diego and is something that you would recommend for an older child? Based on your comments, I think I may need to change my Anahiem hotel for a shorter time and spend 1 or 2 nights in San Diego. Thanks!!!! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter