Need some advice

wacowgirl

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

After a long absence, I'm back and once again, seeking your advice! I've been bitten by the Disney bug (who hasn't) and NEED to get back. I haven't been back since 2016 so I know a lot has changed since then.

One plan is I'm going to take my family (2 DS 25 & 24 and 1 DIL 21) in the latter part of 2020 when Star Wars land has had a chance to work out its kinks and my DIL has never left the state of CO. She's also in a wheelchair so I need an accessible room. The plan is to go for 7 days and 6 nights (maybe shorter by a day). Which resort is good for all of us to stay in? I'm going to try to save $300 a month so we have a good shot at a nice place.

BUT!!!

I REALLY want to go for my 45th birthday next year. I've never done a solo trip, have stayed at POR and CS but would love to experience a Deluxe. I would like to go for 6 days and 5 nights sometime around the end of August before I start my online classes again for college. Once again, I can save $300 a month to purchase a nice resort but that would cut into my Disney fund for my family. Should I just stay at a value resort instead of a mod or deluxe since I want to treat my kids in 2020?

Am I being greedy? Wait, don't answer that. Yes, I'm being greedy but I've always done a lot for my family and I would like to treat myself to a really nice vacation. Is it wrong of me to want this? Should I just suck it up and just save for 2020?

Any suggestions would be nice.

You might want to consider renting points at DVC (great way to check out a deluxe at a lower price) or doing a split stay for your birthday trip. If you go with a split stay start in the lower level resort, then move to the deluxe.

You might want to consider renting points at DVC (great way to check out a deluxe at a lower price) or doing a split stay for your birthday trip. If you go with a split stay start in the lower level resort, then move to the deluxe.

Hey OP I agree really consider it

I have no opinion on whether you are greedy or not, because I do not think anyone needs to pay for someone else's vacation. Anything you choose to do with your money is your decision.

With that out of the way, I think you need to look at your total budget for the vacations. I am not sure you can plan two trips, one of which will include 4 adults, budgeting $300 per month until sometime in 2020.If you have $6000.00 to play with you need to cost out your solo trip, and Although renting points is a nice plan, it is not always less money to rent a Deluxe studio than it is to stay in a moderate or value room. You also need to cost out a budget for the family trip. Once you see what each will cost, you can determine what you want to do, and if you want the family to chip in towards the trip.

Since she has never left CO and you want to pay, I am assuming they cant afford to help out. As one mother to another I dont think your being greedy, your going to enjoy family time, celebrating your birthday. With that being said and your trying to choose a resort that is wheelchair friendly, most are, I use a scooter. Things to concider is, does she tire easy? I do so I am learning a resort with 2 types of transportation works best for me, I have to go back and rest, 6 hours at a time is my max, so I go back and rest for 1-2 hours and return to the parks. A monorail resort or one with boat transportation is very helpful.
I think splurging for a deluxe or mod is just fine, your trip sounds amazing! Enjoy!

I think you need to look at your total budget for the vacations. I am not sure you can plan two trips, one of which will include 4 adults, budgeting $300 per month until sometime in 2020.If you have $6000.00 to play with you need to cost out your solo trip, and Although renting points is a nice plan, it is not always less money to rent a Deluxe studio than it is to stay in a moderate or value room. You also need to cost out a budget for the family trip. Once you see what each will cost, you can determine what you want to do, and if you want the family to chip in towards the trip.

Exactly!

Don't think you are being greedy at all! For my birthday my husband wanted to go to Daytona to the Nascar race, so I took my mom to Disney. We stayed at Poly at I splurged a little. She paid for a little of the trip! Are you going to have your children pay for any of it? That is AWESOME of you if you pay for all of it! But I would look for something in your budget. Even if it requires a split stay to do it. I've heard about renting DVC points and that could be an option for you. Let me know if you do! I have been wanting to try it but was very picky on my trip with my mom so ended up not doing it!

Don't think you are being greedy at all! For my birthday my husband wanted to go to Daytona to the Nascar race, so I took my mom to Disney. We stayed at Poly at I splurged a little. She paid for a little of the trip! Are you going to have your children pay for any of it? That is AWESOME of you if you pay for all of it! But I would look for something in your budget. Even if it requires a split stay to do it. I've heard about renting DVC points and that could be an option for you. Let me know if you do! I have been wanting to try it but was very picky on my trip with my mom so ended up not doing it!

Renting points is different than booking a resort stay. In general, you rent your points, and pay in full for your stay. Your dates are set in stone. You cannot make changes or cancel. Your room is not serviced in the same manner as the resort rooms. There are so many pros and cons, so if you want to rent, do your research. You can same money.

Have you checked out the disunplugged 20 years of dreams event going on in August 2019? This might be an affordable option for you. Both animal kingdom lodge and contemporary resort have rates for the dis event that are around your budget for a deluxe. Might be a nice idea for a solo trip since there is a group event planned that you could attend. https://www.disboards.com/threads/20-years-of-dreams-event-official-thread.3712186/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!