Need some advice on resort

weluvDW

Earning My Ears
I was hoping for some input to help me decide on which moderate DW resort to stay at. I keep changing my mind! I've got it narrowed down to two - CB and POFQ. I would love to hear from anyone who has stayed at these resorts and especially those who have stayed at both.

We stayed in the Aruba section of CB in Sept. '98, and had a very pleasant time there. Nice clean rooms, and the bus service and food court were great. We're now planning a trip for June 2003, and are trying to decide on whether to stay again at CB or give POFQ a try. I've heard a lot of nice things about this resort, though once in awhile a few negative reviews. I do have concerns about POFQ:

I understand there is only one bus stop, and though this resort is quite a bit smaller than CB, is one bus stop enough?

I also hear that CB has refurbished all the rooms as well as the food court. What about POFQ?

If I decide on POFQ, what do you suggest as far as room location? My sons are 16 and 18 and my parents (65 and 70) will be joining us this time. They are in good health and love to walk. I thought I read somewhere that some buildings are totally non-smoking?

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who wants to give me their opinion about these two resorts. I really think that know matter which one I pick, we're going to have a wonderful time! After all, it is Disney!

Thanks.

I see this is your first post and wanted to welcome you to the boards!

I can only speak from my experience at CBR--we visited there in September 2000 and really enjoyed the resort. We stayed in Martinique Building 26 in a standard room with a view of the courtyard. That building was great for us since it was close to the main pool, Old Port Royale and had our choice of 2 bus stops, each within a few minutes (at most) walk. Also, from the beach closest to our room we could see the Epcot fireworks. Even though we stayed there right before the refurb, we still enjoyed and appreciated the resort. We plan on staying there again sometime in the future.

I don't know if this helps you at all, but hope you can narrow down your choices. I guess it comes down to what you want to be close to (in terms of parks) and how much time you will spend at the resort itself (as far as pools, restaurants, etc..)

HTH!

Hello
We have stayed a the POFQ twice! We really love the theme of the resort!! The smaller size compared to the other moderate resorts makes it easier to get around, yet it does not feel crowded.
There is no sit down resteraunt anymore, but we never found that a problem
I think our favorite part though was the water taxi to Downtown Disney. If you are going to be spending any time there both sections of the Port Orleans have boat landings that will take you there.
Good luck deciding!!!:confused: :cool:

I've stayed at CBR a few times, never POFQ, but have stayed at POR.
POFQ never really interested me, and we didn't care too much for POR (which was Dixie Landings at the time).

I'm thinking about your boys.....CBR has the biggest lake of all the moderates and a beach. They can rent the boats on their own, I think you just need to be 16 to drive them. Plus there is the beach. My kids played beach volleyball a few times when we were there last June.
The pools are great too. CBR has the main pool and 6 quiet pools. POFQ only has the main pool.
CBR just refurbished the food court too.:D

IMHO....I'd go with CBR:D

We have stayed at POFQ, CBR, POR. We absolutly loved POFQ:jester:. So much that we are staying there again 2/27-3/8:jester: I think we stayed in the building farthest from the bus stop/food court and it was a 5-7 minute walk. There really is no need for more than one bus stop because everything is so close. The reason why the others have more than one is because they are sooooo spread out.

As far as room locations, there are 7 buildings 4 of which are totally smoke free, 2 smoking, and one of the buildings the top floor is smoking...

If you are going to choose a water view room, I would suggest a river view rather than a pool view... much more quiet.

If you and/or your parents would like a little time to yourself I would highly recomend a walk by the river... It's quiet and peaceful. I belive its about a mile walk along the river to POR, but it's nice to take a real walk after doing the park shuffle for a few days. Best of all if you don't want to walk back you can take the boat:cool: .

Have a great trip:jester:

I have stayed at all 4 moderates. It has been fun trying them all. My least favorite of the moderates is POFQ but it is still nice and much better than staying off site. :) My Mom (71) and sister (48) loved it there. The rooms have a more formal feel but no so formal as to feel stuffy.
I love CBR and look forward to staying there with all the newly remodeled rooms and foos court. I think your sons would prefer CBR over french quarter but you never know. I think it would be fun for you to try a different resort than one you have stayed in already. I would go ahead and try POFQ if you think the boys wouldn;t mind it. :)

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the responses. I really don't think I could go wrong with either one. I know we'll have a great time. I can't wait!

Hi,
I stayed at Caribbean Beach in '00 and I loved it there. In '01 I stayed at PO-Riverside and while there I visited FQ. I thought that resort was also very nice and festive. Having seen both I think I like Caribbean Beach better (but not having stayed at FQ I can't really judge). However, I always like trying someplace new. POFQ is small so it wouldn't really matter what building you stayed in, you'd be close to everything. It's really very themed too. And there is always the ferry ride to Downtown Disney.

So since you've stayed at Caribbean Beach before, I'd go with French Quarter. Have fun no matter what!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter