Need show advice for Mickey & the Magical Map,Storytelling at Royal Theater & Pixar parade?

SeiterClan

DIS Veteran
Wondering how soon before these shows/parade we need to line up to see them, how long they last & best places to sit??? Also any other tips you can share would be greatly appreciated!!! TIA :)

Mickey and the Magical Map still has seating as the show starts; it just depends how close you want to be. The front rows of the second section are nice, IMO. I’d say 15-20 minutes early will get you nice seats for a larger group. If you’re super picky about seats, you could go earlier, but it’s a bit of a mob when they let people in so I don’t see the point, personally.

Royal Theater, I’d also go 20 minutes for a larger group, although for 2-3 people we often walk up 5 minutes ahead. Kids go on the floor in front, so you just need benches for the adults. It’s tiny; there aren’t really “bad” seats.

Pixar Play Parade, depends which show (which direction the parade is going) - for the first show, I like the area in front of the king/queen bathrooms in Fantasyland. For the second show, Town Square all the way - the section in the center circle, across from City Hall, never seems to fill up too early, or you can wait for the rope in front of the fire station to go up like 20 minutes pre-parade.

Mickey and the Magical Map still has seating as the show starts; it just depends how close you want to be. The front rows of the second section are nice, IMO. I’d say 15-20 minutes early will get you nice seats for a larger group. If you’re super picky about seats, you could go earlier, but it’s a bit of a mob when they let people in so I don’t see the point, personally.

Royal Theater, I’d also go 20 minutes for a larger group, although for 2-3 people we often walk up 5 minutes ahead. Kids go on the floor in front, so you just need benches for the adults. It’s tiny; there aren’t really “bad” seats.

Pixar Play Parade, depends which show (which direction the parade is going) - for the first show, I like the area in front of the king/queen bathrooms in Fantasyland. For the second show, Town Square all the way - the section in the center circle, across from City Hall, never seems to fill up too early, or you can wait for the rope in front of the fire station to go up like 20 minutes pre-parade.
Thank you this is super helpful! Do you know how long these shows run for time wise?

The Royal Theater filled up faster than I thought, especially for a mid-afternoon show on a not-too-busy day. I'd go earlier for that than Mickey and the Magical Map, where I've never had trouble finding a seat, even just before the show. It's so far back that a lot of people don't even know it's there.

PHXscuba

Magical Map is pretty easy to get seating in. As stated above, I think 15 to 20 minutes is plenty if you want to sit close. It's also a great show - one of my favorites!

Thank you this is super helpful! Do you know how long these shows run for time wise?
Mickey and the Magical Map is just under half an hour. I want to say Royal Theater is 20ish. Parade depends how far into the route you are, under 30 minutes if you’re at the start, but it takes almost 30 minutes to get to the end, too.

Also we usually do the morning Royal Theater, so I defer to PPs on the afternoon show timing!

It really depends on the day. This was the theater 10 minutes before the 5:20 show started yesterday (the magical
beautiful empty Sunday). Afterwards we wandered a few feet to the parade route and grabbed a perfect front row seat for the 6:00 parade. I have to imagine this isn’t often possible, but it can work.

Attachments

• A8AD97D2-7962-4034-A813-47AA09554AAA.jpeg
    A8AD97D2-7962-4034-A813-47AA09554AAA.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 17

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!