Need PD! POwer Chair Died

lisapooh

HH Pin Crazy Pooh Fan
I need some pixie dust. My power chair died. I not sure what it is wrong but I hope it is the batteries. It had a decent charge on Friday when I used it and I went to the store on Saturday and it was deader than a door nail.
Checked all cords and they are plugged properly. Tried to charge it Saturday after we got home and it is still dead. And I have class to get to tomorrow and a Video due on next Monday. I am really bummed!
:mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :(

Pooh Bear

*huggles* Im sure everything will turn out alright... Do you have a Batteries Plus store in your town? they have all kinds of batteries including chair ones

Wheelsie Co-Moderator of disABILITIES
and
DisneyTips
wheelsie@mail.wdwinfo.com

yyc_mc.gif
wheelsie.gif

Will call my provider in the morning. If he doesn't have them in stock I will check on Batteries Plus. I think there is one right up the street from me not far.

Pooh Bear

Here's some fresh pixie dust for you. I have heard ads for Batteries Plus where they highlight their large selection of wheelchair batteries, so hope they have one for you.

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES

Lisapooh, that's my worst nightmare! Have you checked all the computer hook ups? I can disengage my computer to make my chair free rolling and it disconnects the batteries but I must remember to reengage it. I'm sure it is something simple, and pray it is discovered and resolved quickly.
PD to you.

Nanajo DVC 8/98

Offsite 5/78
Contemp 11/85
BWV 3/99
OKW 11/99
BWV 3/01
OKW 11/01

I haven't disengaged for free rolling lately but with my chair the controller is not disengaged just the wheels.
Have checked all connections. Provider is coming in the am with batteries and the programmer for the controller.

Pooh Bear

My chair is all fixed with new batteries. Well not quite all fixed but I can use it. HAve to have a few things done with the programmable controller that will be done next week.
Rev the speed and have the controller set to turn off if I forget to do it.
I'm functional again! Yea!

Pooh Bear

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter