Need opinions on Disney After Hours events!

Stitch577

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I am planning a trip for spring break this year and am strongly considering adding an after-hours event to the agenda to try to survive the crowds. It would most likely just be me and another adult attending. We are trying to choose between the three offerings: After Hours at Magic Kingdom, After Hours at Animal Kingdom, or Disney Villains after hours. What are your opinions on these events if you have attended any? Which do you think is the best value? Is it worth the extra money? Thank you for your help!

Hello!

I am planning a trip for spring break this year and am strongly considering adding an after-hours event to the agenda to try to survive the crowds. It would most likely just be me and another adult attending. We are trying to choose between the three offerings: After Hours at Magic Kingdom, After Hours at Animal Kingdom, or Disney Villains after hours. What are your opinions on these events if you have attended any? Which do you think is the best value? Is it worth the extra money? Thank you for your help!

If you have not found them already, you'll find plenty of reports on these three threads below. There is a post on page 1 of each that has links to DISer event review/experience posts, in case helpful. I'm sure others will offer opinions here too.

MK DAH - https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-after-hours-magic-kingdom-faq-discussion-thread.3713652/

MK VAH - https://www.disboards.com/threads/villains-after-hours-magic-kingdom-faq-discussion-thread.3776793/

DAK DAH - https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-after-hours-animal-kingdom-faq-discussion-thread.3715424/

I hate to admit it, but we, as two adults, attend all AH events offered during our vacation, as we love the near empty parks. Last May we attended MK AH, AK AH and HS AH. We are going this May and attending MK reg and Villains and AK AH (sad that no HS one is being offered so far) and we loved them all for different reasons. I cant speak to the Villains as this May is our first time attending that, but for sheer number of different rides, MK is a fabulous option and the park seemed empty and we rode BTMR, Haunted Mansion, SDMT, SM, Splash and Pirates multiple times with no wait. We love FOP and Everest and getting to ride FOP 7 times was a big joy to us, plus Pandora at night with virtually no people and the Tree of Life with no people was magical so that made AK special. So thats why we can never pick one. They in our opinion are definitely worth the price you pay.
As for what's best for you, what rides are your absolute favorites? which park is your favorite, you cant go wrong with any of them really.

We've been to HS and to the Villians one at MK. We enjoyed both, but the villains one was fairly busy. This time, we are going to the regular AH at MK during Spring Break. I'm hoping for lower crowds this round. I've been tempted to try AK, but it doesn't seem like there are enough rides to justify the expense....at least for me.

If it were me I would do regular MK AH. I’ve read countless reviews of all and attended 2 at HS. The MK one is the one I really wish I could attend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!