Need opinions and help please!

That looks like the chimney cakes I had in Budapest! Loved those.

I had both in June and if there's a significant difference, I don't know what it is-both are delicious! Our Prague guide tell us that they are not 'traditional Czech food" but I didn't care...so yummy....

What's funny is I just remembered that we *forgot* to try chimney cakes in Budapest on the Danube cruise. We actually had them on the Rhine cruise in Rüdesheim so I don't know what variation I had! :oops:

We booked two tours through private-prague-guide.com The first was an architectural tour and we saw the amazing diversity of architecture throughout the city. Our guide was wonderful and the 5 hours flew by (well, mostly, it was the hottest recorded day in Prague history!). I believe the cost was 96 Euro for 3 of us plus a few extra czk for tram tickets, water, snacks, and tip. Definitely worth it-we were on both sides of the river, and it was not just an architectural tour but historical and cultural tour as well. I'd say the only overlap might be at the Castle complex but I'm sure you could either opt out of that and spend more time in another area. It was really thorough!

The second was a tour of the Jewish Quarter which was also good, although the tour guide was separate from Museum(s) admission so that took a little thought-did we want all 4 synagogues or not? Which ticket? Our guide was helpful and since this was our second (very hot) day of touring led us to Maisel, Pinkas (which has the walls with the names of the victims of the Bohemian Shoah and drawings from the children of Terezin Ghetto) and Jewish Cemetery. The Pinkas was quite emotional! We skipped the Klausen and the Spanish synagogues. There's a good website that describes what sites have what (they're all like museums with different and complementary displays)- jewishmuseum.cz .

Hope this helps-even if you didn't have a tour guide for the Jewish Quarter, it's helpful to know the lay of the land, which apparently I forgot to research before I went. Prague has so many fascinating areas of interest you could spend a week there discovering, easily.

We booked two tours through private-prague-guide.com The first was an architectural tour and we saw the amazing diversity of architecture throughout the city. Our guide was wonderful and the 5 hours flew by (well, mostly, it was the hottest recorded day in Prague history!). I believe the cost was 96 Euro for 3 of us plus a few extra czk for tram tickets, water, snacks, and tip. Definitely worth it-we were on both sides of the river, and it was not just an architectural tour but historical and cultural tour as well. I'd say the only overlap might be at the Castle complex but I'm sure you could either opt out of that and spend more time in another area. It was really thorough!

The second was a tour of the Jewish Quarter which was also good, although the tour guide was separate from Museum(s) admission so that took a little thought-did we want all 4 synagogues or not? Which ticket? Our guide was helpful and since this was our second (very hot) day of touring led us to Maisel, Pinkas (which has the walls with the names of the victims of the Bohemian Shoah and drawings from the children of Terezin Ghetto) and Jewish Cemetery. The Pinkas was quite emotional! We skipped the Klausen and the Spanish synagogues. There's a good website that describes what sites have what (they're all like museums with different and complementary displays)- jewishmuseum.cz .

Hope this helps-even if you didn't have a tour guide for the Jewish Quarter, it's helpful to know the lay of the land, which apparently I forgot to research before I went. Prague has so many fascinating areas of interest you could spend a week there discovering, easily.

Thank you! I am very interested in seeing the Jewish Quarter and have been debating about getting a guide or not. I will have to check those websites out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!