Need More Help, Please!

catelynsmom

Earning My Ears
We are staying ASSP 8/30-9/5-4 adults, 4 kids (g-4, b-8,4,2). I don't have a lot of time to browse the forums, so I am asking for help. This is everyones (except me) very 1st trip to WDW. We are taking advantage of Free Dining and are definately on a budget. This is one factor as well as value season why we are going. I don't want to have to spend alot of extra $$$ on meals so I can spend it on the kids. I need ideas on the best places to take advantage of the DP, so we can get the most out of it. Hubby & I will be trying to split some meals, as well as the kids (they don't eat enough to get separate meals, they'll share too) unless of course we go to a buffet.
The other couple & their kids are the same. We need to know where to go to get the most. Also we are wanting to take the kids to some character meals, which are the best for them??
Sorry for the book!
Thanks in advance!
Samantha

Hi there ... If you have time check out allears menu.

A great place to share a counter service meal is Cosmic Rays at MK, you can get the:
1/2 Chicken and BBQ Rib Combination served with Mashed Potatoes and a seasonal vegetable $13.99 plus a dessert & drink - all for 1 CS.

Another great 1 CS meal is at Pepper Market at Coronado Springs, examples:
*Sampler - any two of the following: roasted pork, bourbon chicken, spicy chicken Kung Bao or stir fry beef and an egg roll $15.95
*Half Rotisserie Chicken with French Fries - $10.75
*Ribeye Steak, Potato, Vegetable - $18.95

At Epcot, Sunshine Seasons CS, examples
* Asian: Two Entree Items and Two Sides $9.69
*Rotisserie Beef Flatbread with Wild Greens and Tabbouleh $10.09

Hope your family has a wonderful time. :goodvibes :goodvibes

Most CS places have "double burgers." You can buy an extra bun for 90 cents and easily feed 2 on this. The above suggestions were excellent. You can get a glass of water instead of a soda, or bring juice boxes for the kids.

As to character meals, which characters do you want?

1900 Park Fare--great food, princess theme

Crystal Palace--normal buffet food, Pooh characters

Garden Grill--classic Disney, good fool. Ditto Liberty Tree

We didn't like the Donald breakfast--characters were rushed. Breakfasts aren't the best use of your TS credits, but if you share some meals, you may have "extra" credits to use on sit down breakfasts.

Welcome to the DIS, Samantha. First of all, you don't have to do a lot of browsing -- just read the Dining Plan FAQ at the top of this forum. It's a "sticky," and stickys usually contain basic, important info.

I have a couple of quick suggestions, having just returned from a trip on the DP.

One -- don't let the dining plan rule your trip. It's a good value -- don't worry about wringing every penny out of it. Enjoy your vacation, and use the DP to eat; don't eat on the DP and work the vacation in whenever you have time between meals.

Two -- with kids, the BEST bang for the buck is with the single TS character dinners, followed by the character lunches, and character breakfasts. No, the breakfasts aren't as good as the dinners, but they may fit your VACATION schedule (Hello!) better. The dining plan is roughly $30 worth of food + tip + tax for adults and about $9 ++ for kids. When you do one character meal with a TS, you've pretty much gotten your money's worth for that day and the CS and snacks are gravy.

Three -- with LITTLE kids, I'd make their first character meal one which features people, as opposed to cartoon characters. Our first character meal with our daughter, who at the time was almost 3, was Chef Mickey's. She was pretty frightened at first by Goofy and some of the other characters, even though she knew them all. It was actually Chip & Dale who got her comfortable, and by the time Minnie came by to dance with her, she was fine. But she would have been better-adjusted if we'd started with the Norway princess meal. Your LITTLE kid is a boy, and he may be fine, but if he's shy, I'd start with a real-people meal.

Also...if you have CS and/or snack credits left over...swing by a CS place on your last day and load up.

We hit the House of Sandwich in DTD our last day and took home three extra sandwiches and 4-5 brownies/cookies. Those make great food for the flight back, or for driving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter