Need loop info for very large RV w/3 slides

lgclark

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! We have a 2002 Newmar Mountain Aire Limited. It is 44' long and has three slides (1 curbside and 2 streetside). We are interested in staying at Fort Wilderness. What loop would you suggest for a rig this size? It would be nice to have 50 amp electric, water and sewer. Are sites too shady for our satellite? We have the KingDome in-motion system w/Direct TV.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Lujene

We have a 34' 5th wheel with 3 slides and a long bed extra cab truck. Oct 2001 we stayed in the 300 loop (which is a pet loop) and we found it to be VERY tight. We had to park the truck across the front of the lot (kind of blocking the trailer) because both would not fit without the truck sticking out in the roadway. DH can drive just about everything and I'm glad it was him backing that beast into the lot.

When you make your res, I think if you let everyone know the length of your trailer, and tell them about all 3 slides you really shouldn't have any problems. I have read on this board and others that if you can't get into your lot that is assigned or if you don't like the lot all you have to do is go to the nearest bath house and use the phone to contact the front desk and let them know the problem -- everyone says they will most likely tell you to find a lot in your loop that fits your needs and just call them back with that lot #.

I can say we rode around the other loops and there are some large lots in each loop -- sooooo, just let them know (over and over and over) the size of your RV and your needs.

Good luck and have a great time! :)

Thank you so much for the reply. I am confident this information will prove helpful in our reservations. Again, thank you! :)

When we checked in last year we were given a site that was a little small for the rig... So we walked the loop and found a larger one. We asked if we could move and they said we could. So it does pay to check in early. not all the sites are the same size on all the loops and a few had trees in strange palces...

They have a special name for the large sites. I can't remember the name right now but we are leaving Friday to camp for 4 nights I will find the name and let you know. I do know that the 1100, 1200, 1300 all have large sites. The thing is if you don't like where they put you find one that you do, go to the comfort station and call them and they will let you move.

Hi
Just got back from FW on Sunday. My M&D have a 40' rv plus haul a car they were in 1306 (across diag from comfort station). There was plenty of room for the 2 slides and awning. Dad only needed his 10' sewer hose so I'd say that you'd fit there. There are lots of big rig sites in 1300 on both sides of the loop. Close to comfort station (a big plus for laundry day(s)) and on the other end of the loop. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter