Need last minute planning list

freemore

Mouseketeer
Hi, we leave in 5 days. I have resort, car, two evc's one battery thing for one evc, disney tickets from AAA, plane reservations....

Where do I get special assistance pass? Weather report for time we will be there, and when do you get room assignments?

I have asked for a room overlooking otter pond at WL, but our request is also for special needs. How do I ask for a good room view with special needs. OUrs is a woodland view. And do I still ask for an upgrade when I get there?

Oh, do I use the tickets i got from AAA or are they replaced by a room key? We have 4 day hopper passes.

Oh, how and where do I get a special assistant pass?

Have I forgotten anything important?

Thanks for all your help.

Lene

Several different answers.

1. There is no such thing as a "Special Assistance Pass". There is a "Guest Assistance Card" (referred to at WDW as "GAC"). This is designed for people who have "invisible" disabilities. Since you will have two ECVs, unless there is something else (such as deafness), you will not need a GAC. One thing the GAC does not do is grant front of line access.

2. For weather information you can go to Orlando Weather and get the current conditions and five day forecast.

3. If you requested an accessible room did you go through Special (Medical) Reservations? If not, contact them at 407-939-7807 as soon as possible and include your reservation number. They are the only ones who can guarantee a room for medical needs; going through WDTC or CRO it is only a "request".

4. If you want a specific view, contact the "Rooms Assigner" at Wilderness Lodge. The hotel's phone number is 407-824-3200. This can only be done within five days of arrival. Normally the actual room assignments are done one or two days before arrival. Note that your accessible room request has to take precedence over the view request.

5. Since you will be having an accessible room, you really can't ask for an upgrade.

6. If your AAA tickets actually say "Four Day Park Hopper" on them they are your tickets; if they indicate they are vouchers you will then need actual tickets to be issed on arrival.

7. It is possible to have your tickets put on your room key. However, if for some reason you do not use all the days you will then have problems.

8. If you do need a GAC (problems other than mobility/stamina) you would go to the Guest Services Office in the first park you go to; it will be issued valid for the entire stay and for all four parks.

Thank you so much, that was so helpful. I'm glad to know that I shouldn't change my tickets to a room key, because I'm not sure if I will make it through 4 days! I think I have reservations through the special reservations, but I will check to make sure and then call room reservations tomorrow to try to get a good view. My dh is especially concerned with views.

Thanks again, Lene

Mike already said most of the things I would have told you.
Since there are a limited number of handicapped accessible rooms at each resort, it's possible that there may not be one available when you get there that meets your requested view. If you need things like roll in shower, raised seat toilet that are in the fully wheelchair accessible room, then you need to go for that over the view. Some people assume if they have ecvs, they need a wheelchair accessible room, but if you don't need all the features of the wheelchair room, you can use just a regular one. Special Reservations can help you figure out if you explain the needs. They would take care of your room accessiblity and your other requests like view. So, only call Special Reservations, not them and room reservations.

Most of the lines are wheelchair/ecv accessible in the regualr line. There are a few where wheelchairs are OK, but not ecvs. For those, they do have some wheelchairs available to switch to at the ride entrance. The park maps and signs outside each attraction have a little icon that tells whether you can remain in the ecv for the entire wait in line and attraction. As Mike mentioned, you don't need any card to use the ecv/wheelchair accessible parts of the lines. The CMs will see the ecvs and point you in the right direction.
if there are other needs that are not met by being able to use the ecv, then you can talk to Guest Services in one of the parks about a GAC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter