Need Input & Comparisons btwn food courts at CSR, PO-R & PO-FQ

GoofyDisney

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Help!

We stayed at the Dixie Landings when it was the DL. The food court was one of my LEAST favorite parts of this resort. THat was 7 years ago, how is it now? Is the selection better? Is the quality better? Is the set-up like CSR?

We have stayed at CSR 3 of the last 5 years, and LOVED the food court. The selection and set-up were perfect for what we wanted. But it is currently booked for when we want it.

We have never stayed at the PO-FQ. How is the food court? How is the selection? How is the set up? Do they have beneigts? (sp? benyeas?)

Would appreciate your input even if you have only stayed at one. Would appreciate your opinion of its food.

Thanks!
GoofyDisney

i can not speak for cs or cbr but here is my take on port orleans riverside. we ate there a few weeks ago. The pizza to me is great. other than that if you did not like the selection where you were there when it was still dxl . you will not like it now they have closed a couple food stations the chicken and ribs and bakery . also breakfast has really gone down no omeltes. hope this helps

This has been debated at great lengths on this board. My family and I love the PM. Real plates and silverware are much better than paper and plastic.

The Pepper Market is our favorite place to eat. When you enter the Pepper Market, you will notice it's not your average food court. This is Disney's first new style, "interactive" food court on property. It serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. You choose your meals in a Mexican market-style set-up while walking from station to station and talking with the chefs. You are seated by a host/hostess and receive a ticket. The host/hostess will take your drink order. You then can stroll around the food areas, choose what you want to eat and receive a stamp on your ticket for each item you get (each guest receives their own card). At the end of the meal, you present your ticket(s) to a host/hostess and pay as you leave. 10% gratuity is charged automatically to your bill so be sure not to leave an additional tip on the table. If you feel the 10% was not deserved, speak to the host/hostess when paying and it will be removed. The Pepper Market is open 6:30am - 11pm.

The food counters include some awesome choices. My favorite is the Mexican Kitchen which offers tacos, fresh tortillas and something called a wet burrito (YUMMY!). A Wok Kitchen with traditional Chinese favorites. A Grill Station which includes steaks, burgers, rotisserie chicken, baked potatos and french fries. An Pizza Station that has calzones and pizzas. A Pasta Kitchen that offers traditional fettuccine/linguine/penne dishes. A Sandwich Kitchen that has a variety of hot and cold sandwiches. A Bakery/Desert Station that includes bread, sweet rolls and great cookies. A Soup/Salad Kitchen in case you ate too much at the parks. And not to leave out the kids, a Kids Station which includes the old standbys of chicken strips, hot dogs, pasta and pizzas all for $4.25 or $4.50 (very reasonable). You can get creative at the Pepper Market too. You can mix and match to your delight. Sometines I'll order a baked potato and a cesaer salad or french fries with my pizza. Don't be afraid to ask for anything. For example, they don't sell breakfast sandwiches but I usually get a hard roll from the baked goods area and take it over to the grill area and ask them to put my eggs on the toasted hard roll. No problems, the CM's are very friendly. For a complete menu listing, check out Deb's Menu

I would say that the POR food court has not changed dramatically in the last 6 years. We go there for pizza or a quick lunch, and don't expect much.

POFQ is smaller, but similar in selection and quality, IMO.

CSR is in a different, higher class than the other two. The food is better, with a greater selection, and you get a higher level of service. I'm sure anyone who was "used to" the PM would be disappointed with the other food courts at the Moderates. PM is a bit more expensive, and takes more time, but other than that, it wins hands down.

That being said, I'd still rather stay at POFQ or POR than CSR, since we only eat at the food courts a couple of times during a trip, and pizza or something is all we're looking for!

doesn't sound promising in the food area. :(
DH really enjoyed the PM at CSR.
I didn't mind the food court at ASMo, but DH wasn't impressed.
Doesn't sound like he will be with POR food court either. :(

Luv2Roam -

I don't mean to say that POR or POFQ food courts are bad at all, just that they are more comparable to ASMu than CSR.

You may get a little more info. on these food courts on the Restaurant Board too! :D

:) I guess I will be odd woman out here. I didn't mind the food court at FQ. I had a very good chicken ceasar salad, and my mom and sister enjoyed their food too. I am not overly fussy but I won't eat things that are not really fresh and I never had a complaint. Maybe it is the power of Disney or the fact that I was on vacation but I never gave the food a thought while I was there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter