Need info on the Character Breakfast at the Plaza Restaurant inside Disneyland Park

barbaraann

Chicago Gal
Received our Disneyland packet for our vacation July 16th through the 22nd. We had a character meal added. We have vouchers for a character breakfast, and it does not coincide, with any of the advance reservations, that I have already made. Can anyone tell me about the character breakfast inside Disneyland Park, the one with the princesses. Is it first come, first serve? One of our other choices is the Paradise Pier hotel, and Goofy's Kitchen, we already have a reservation there for Dinner. I believe our other choice is Storytellers and it may be to late to call for a reservation for that.

So if anyone can inform me about the Princess one, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Hi :wave2:

If I remember, the Princess Breakfast buffet had self serve drinks, including juice and hot chocolate. There were made to order omelettes, mickey waffles, various fruits, and more- basic breakfast items. I'm so sorry I can't remember what else (been a very long day :guilty: ) .
Snow White, Cinderella, Jasmine, Prince Charming, Fairy Godmother, Mary Poppins, Belle, and the Beast were all there at the time that I went.
If you can -make a reservation, asap, we did. I don't know if they take walk-in reservations, maybe if it's not booked? There is indoor and outdoor seating. We got indoor seating, which I was happy about. It can start to get hot outside pretty early during the summer.

I thought the Lilo & Stitch breakfast at PP was nice! Goofy's kitchen is a real blast for breakfast, seemed to have good variety of food. Storytellers has pretty good food- although when I was there the characters didn't go table to table. They greeted kids/people at the front and then did a canga (sp?) line. All the breakfasts were fun. Check and see what resies are available- you never know and people cancel all the time. HTH!

If you do the Princess breafast try and book the first or last seating if possible. The Plaza Inn is not the biggest facility to run a character breakfast and it gets pretty hectic as the morning progresses, then thins out again later. I would also request to sit inside. We sat outside in December and had to go inside to find the princesses. I read today somebody else sitting outside however and not having this problem. You can see a lot of princesses over at DCA in the Animations building as well in Snow White's Grotto, Ariel's Grotto and in front of the castle and on Main Street. Goofy's also always has at least one princess. I have heard a lot of good things about the Lilo and Stitch breakfast and really want to try that one out. We still had a fun time at the Princess breakfast it just took awhile and the food lines were crazy during our mid morning reservation. It seemed to also really thin out as we were about to leave, I wish we had gone then so we could have still taken advantage of low crowds during the early morning and then had breakfast.

as above - book the first available seating and you'll be fine. Food is pretty standard buffet breakfast material, nothing special.

Just as others have posted, the food at the Princess Breakfast is pretty good but after about 8:30am it starts to get really full/crowded and the lines for the food become long. It's all self serve but lots of food and decent tasting!

Goofy's Kitchen, you just can't go wrong! YUMMY food buffet style (kid & adult friendly) and then the drinks keep coming to you via a hostess. Although a full house when we were there it never "felt" crowded and despite the arm & leg they charge I would do it again in a heartbeat!! Hands down a great experience and great food!

We ate at the Princess breakfast at 8:10 am this Saturday (actually we got there a bit late) and it was still pretty uncrowded, but lots of characters were there so we got lots of one-on-one time with them!

I called on Thursday to make the PS so it's not too late now to see if you can get in!

Some pics here: http://www.joyandscott.com/dljune2005.htm

barbaraann said:
Received our Disneyland packet for our vacation July 16th through the 22nd. We had a character meal added. We have vouchers for a character breakfast, and it does not coincide, with any of the advance reservations, that I have already made. Can anyone tell me about the character breakfast inside Disneyland Park, the one with the princesses. Is it first come, first serve? One of our other choices is the Paradise Pier hotel, and Goofy's Kitchen, we already have a reservation there for Dinner. I believe our other choice is Storytellers and it may be to late to call for a reservation for that.

So if anyone can inform me about the Princess one, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
HAVE FUN! :teeth: (Sorry, I just noticed you are also a MiceChatters so I had to stop in and say hello.) Enjoy your visit!

The voucher sent to me by the WDTC has the choices of character breakfasts, listed on the back. I was confused by the fact that it said Paradise Pier and Minnie. The Paradise Pier Hotel is where the PCH Grill is located, and they now have the Lilo and Stitch Breakfast. So I panicked needlessly, and can use my voucher for the Lilo and Stitch breakfast, that I already have made advance reservations for.

So I thank everyone for their help answering the questions about the princess
breakfast.

I, too, have noticed many familiar names from Mice Chat. Missing it today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter