NEED INFO ON DISCOVERY COVE?? HAVE YOU GONE??

hellokitty

dis veteran/disney addict
we are thinking of doing discovery cove where you can swim with the dolphins
my 8 yr. will have her birthday in june while we are at Disney!!! She is in love
with dolphins.

My mother is coming with us and wants to surprise her and my dad with this.
It sure is expensive, however, it is worth it to us.

Has anyone done this? If so how was your experience??
I would love some advice as we are still a little unsure of spending so much money

Also, they said we dont have to all pay the swim w/the dolphin price which would save
each person who didnt $80, but is it worth that money to go ahead and all swim with
the dolphins?? I sure dont want any regrets.

thanks so much for all your help, you guys are great!!:D

If you'll look at the drop down menu, there's a discussion board specialy for Discovery Cove & Sea World. I haven't done Discovery Cove yet, but am sending my DD(28) & DGD(7) in October....I hear it's wonderful! There's a special site for DC too: www.discoverycove.com

Its wonderful, I went in August and it was worth every penny...

Look on the Discovery Cove/Sea World Forum for all the opinions...

The Travel Channel had an incredible show on it last week. I taped it and showed to my family this weekend. I agree, it looks incredible!

2 weeks ago today, as a matter of fact. This was one of the highlights of our trip and that's saying a lot because we did a lot, including a Disney cruise. In my opinion it is well worth it. My dd9 and dn11 did the dolphin swim and my dh and I did not. I am glad we did not pay the extra for the swim and while my girls enjoyed it, they asked if "next time" they could not do the swim to enjoy more of the snorkeling, bird avary etc.

The dolphin experience was a one time deal as it is expensive and I knew the girls would probably never have another opportunity... I do think they were expecting more of a personalized experience and it was shared with several other people. The actual "swim" where you're being pulled along by the dolphin was exciting for them but it was very short... maybe 15 feet or so. I felt the whole thing was more about taking everyone's picture which they hard sell you on later.

I hope I don't sound too negative because as I said, we loved our day there. We will probably go again to enjoy the other amenities. It truly is beautiful and this was our first time snorkeling so it was extra fun to do it in a safe environment with people there to help guide us!

Good luck
Jenn

I went to Discovery Cove last October. It was worth the money only if you plan to spend some days at Sea World. You only get to swim with a dolphin about 20 minutes and it is with a group of people so you are not interacting with the dolphin the full 20 minutes. My son and I enjoyed ourselves but we tied it in with Sea World. Also if you go beware that they try to sell you photos and videos of your experience. I bought the video, brought it home and found that we were not in the video all that much. It was a waste of money. The photos were nice but you can preview them before you buy.

I went last October and although the outlay for the day for 5 dolphin swims was pretty hefty,as I left the park if someone had said to me you need to pay me more for the day you've had...I would have done! It is fantastic you're children will love it.

Yes they do push the photos,but you don't have to buy any.Altjhough you will because of the irreplaceable memories.

The only negative note on the whole day was the video of the swim.I couldn't watch mine until we got home (PAL version!) and we were literally filmed for seconds.I e-mailed DC to complain and they refunded my money without question.

Go for it!:D

was it cold in the water? do they provide wet suits?
are you saying we shouldnt waste our money with the dolphin swim even though
my daughter loves dolphins?? will they be dissapointed if they see others swim with them?

thanks guys

Read my trip report on the Seaworld DC board. Yes you have wet suits, there are three kinds to choose from

No, the water isn't cold. (Well it wasn't for me)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter