Need info on Desert Palms Inn & Suites hotel!?!

SeiterClan

DIS Veteran
Mainly wondering if it is walkable & how far exactly the walk is? Also would appreciate any other feedback on this hotel good or bad that anyone can share form staying there recently! TIA :)

I haven't stayed there personally, but I have family members who stay there every time and love it. They say it takes about 10 minutes to walk to security. They especially like the options for different suites and the free breakfast. It's just around the corner from Candy Cane Inn, if you're familiar with the area around the intersection of harbor and katella.

We stayed there in December. It was about a 12 minute walk for our party that included a 6 year old and toddler in stroller. We were happy with the hotel. It had free parking and breakfast. The room was big enough for our party and was nice and quiet at night. The only issue we had was that there was some water leaking around the balcony door when it rained. But maintenance came in quickly to vacuum it up and housekeeping brought extra towels.

Google Maps can give you an exact distance and a map to get there.

We stayed there in November. We thought the hotel was nice and the breakfast was above average for the area. The walk is definitely doable, however, we thought it was too far for a mid-day break with our 5 and 8 year old. That extra 10-12 minute walk to and from put us at 45 minutes of just walking to/from the hotel. But once we decided that to forgo the midday break and only did the walk in morning and night it was fine. We probably won't stay there again because we do prefer to be across the street, but it is definitely a nicer hotel than the ones right across the street. The room size was good, too!

It is right next door to the 7-11 and across the street from the CVS (24/7), so very conveniently located if you need/forgot something. The walk is about 10-15 minutes, depending on how fast your group walks and when you hit the one signal before you get to the parks. The walk will keep you on the same side of Harbor as the parks the whole time, so at least you won't have to cross any major intersections. This hotel gets pretty good reviews here, especially from larger groups because of the parlor suite. Here is a fairly recent trip report with photos from a reliable DISer: Family of 7 Goes to DLR 2/4-2/10/18.

It is right next door to the 7-11 and across the street from the CVS (24/7), so very conveniently located if you need/forgot something. The walk is about 10-15 minutes, depending on how fast your group walks and when you hit the one signal before you get to the parks. The walk will keep you on the same side of Harbor as the parks the whole time, so at least you won't have to cross any major intersections. This hotel gets pretty good reviews here, especially from larger groups because of the parlor suite. Here is a fairly recent trip report with photos from a reliable DISer: Family of 7 Goes to DLR 2/4-2/10/18.
Thank you @LuckyRabbit this is super helpful! :)

We stayed there last year (got a sweet deal from work) and we LOVED it! Aren't able to stay there again this trip, but it is definitely a place we would happily stay at again. Enjoyed the walk, felt safe, and enjoyed the breakfast! Our room was nice and clean and we never heard anyone else.

Ive stayed there twice and really like it. The breakfast has make your own waffles using the same mix that Disney uses for Mickey waffles (Holden Malted waffle mix). Definitely walkable.

It is right next door to the 7-11 and across the street from the CVS (24/7), so very conveniently located if you need/forgot something

And the ABC store.

We stayed at the Desert Palms Inn & Suites in July 2017 and loved it! #1, it has indoor hallways! Its only about a 10 min walk to security, with no streets to cross, which saves time(waiting to cross at the lights takes a long time!). We loved the breakfast! There's so much selection, eggs, meat, pastries, cereals, make your own waffles...and the dining room has a great view of the back of DCA! :) The pool situation is unusual(its outdoors, but in the center of the hotel) but it's very quiet and has a nice hot tub! I also love that it is right around the corner from the 7-11, Walgreens and CVS. I'd defininetly recommend this hotel, and stay there again.

I accidentally booked Dessert Palms 2 years ago during the New Year thinking that it was another hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. My girls 11 and 9 loved the pool while I enjoyed the hot tub, it is outside courtyard type. We had a room on the same level as the continental breakfast but it was still very quiet in the hallways. From all the hotels that offer continental breakfast this is ranked to be one of the better ones for my family and I. The walk time was a quick 10 minutes even after staying at the parks all day. Enjoy your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter