need info--disabled friend needs nonstop flight--howis Spirit vs. NWA?

Rock'n Robin

Disney Queen
A friend of DH's is going to a karate tournament at the contemporary. The tourney is July 5-6--he wants to fly down July 3 and return the 7th so he can spend the 4th at WDW (I haven't told him about the crowds yet, he is so excited).
Anyhow, he is a paraplegic and would like to have a nonstop flight. I can't find any out of Toledo, but Spirit and NWA have them out of Detroit--he needs to leave later in the day so the early flights are out. The Spirit one is definately cheaper. How have they been lately?
Robin M.

I have flown both Spirit and NWA recently. I have never had any trouble with either airline. However, the last time we flew Spirit, we did decide that we will not be using them for awhile. It has nothing to do with service or anything. We do not like their flight times out of DTW. We have two kids and they offer a 7:30 am flight which means getting up at 4:30am and out the door by 5:30. That is just too long of a day for the kids....and the adults! The other flight is in the late afternoon which totally wastes the entire day. So, we have decided to stick with NWA for the time being. We try to take the 10am or 11am flight and it works great for our family. Your friend should not have a problem with either airline.
HTH
Lisa

Robin--

Has your friend ever flown before? There are a lot of things that he/she needs to know in advance, especially if they use and are bringing an electric wheelchair. Some planes do not have accessible bathrooms. Depending on the carrier, your friend may or may not have to be able to transfer from their regular chair to the aisle chair then to the seat without assistance. Airline seats can not accomodate a person who can not sit upright without assistance. And so on.

I'd hop over to the DisAbilities boards and talk to them. There are a lot of REALLY knowledgeable people over there who will be able to give you SOOOO much info!

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter