Need help with timing logistics to make ADR on NYE

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
I've never been to Disney on NYE before, but I know to expect crazy crowds. Our current plan is to go into the Magic Kingdom whenever we make it through the traffic to check into the Contemporary. I'm trying to get to the hotel early and when we get the room ready text we'll head back over to get settled into our room. We have a reservation at Ohana at 7:40pm. What time should we try getting on the monorail to get over there? Would an hour early be enough time or should we try two hours? Would we have better luck getting on the monorail at Magic Kingdom instead? I know the early fireworks go off sometime around 6ish? Will this effect the monorail at all?

I've never been to Disney on NYE before, but I know to expect crazy crowds. Our current plan is to go into the Magic Kingdom whenever we make it through the traffic to check into the Contemporary. I'm trying to get to the hotel early and when we get the room ready text we'll head back over to get settled into our room. We have a reservation at Ohana at 7:40pm. What time should we try getting on the monorail to get over there? Would an hour early be enough time or should we try two hours? Would we have better luck getting on the monorail at Magic Kingdom instead? I know the early fireworks go off sometime around 6ish? Will this effect the monorail at all?
It all really depends on how terrible the line to get on the monorail. An hour should be plenty though assuming the monorail is operating nominally. You could also consider walking to the magic kingdom and taking the ferry to the TTC (then walk the pathway) or the resort launch which would stop at grand floridian first. If it's somewhat cold, consider grabbing an uber or minnie van as well.

The line for the Monorail at the parks is usually crazy so give yourself enough time if your planning on going straight there. We go all the time at New Years its a madhouse make sure you will be able to get back into the park before you leave for dinner. Most of the time they reach capacity. We like taking the boats everywhere as opposed to the monorails

We will be back in the room before the reservation. So would the best plan be to walk to Magic Kingdom, take the big ferry boat to the TTC and then walk to Poly? A lot of travel, but if it'll get us there the quickest we'll do that.

I would think you could walk to MK and take the resort boat to Poly. It has to be less crowded than the resort monorail! The monorail goes to the TTC where the boat only goes to GF and Poly.

My family will be there this year too! It will be our first NYE trip. I guess we should be prepared to wait.

I would think you could walk to MK and take the resort boat to Poly. It has to be less crowded than the resort monorail! The monorail goes to the TTC where the boat only goes to GF and Poly.

My family will be there this year too! It will be our first NYE trip. I guess we should be prepared to wait.
It's our first NYE trip too :) I am definitely packing my patience. I always find the boats kind of slow, but with all the crowds it might be the way to go. I'm just worried since the boats are so small there will be a long line and we'd have to wait a while before actually getting on it.

Don't take the poly launch. They don't hold enough at once. Take the ferry.

If you're at the Contemporary, I would just take the monorail over to the TTC and walk to the Poly from there. But if MK fireworks are at 6pm, I would plan to be at the monorail by 6pm to avoid the crowds leaving the MK after the fireworks. If you get to the Poly super early, walk around and/or have a drink or two at Tambu Lounge before dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter