Need help with Premier AP renewal and FP timing

Lesley Wake

DIS Veteran
So this is a situation not many people may come across, but I was hoping for some help from people who may have experience.

Right now I have the Premier AP (Disneyland and Disneyworld). I wasn't planning on getting another one next year, since I didn't have a Disneyworld trip planned. Well, of course that changed and now I will be going back in May. I did the math and due to the level of DLR AP I would be getting, plus ticket costs and discounts at WDW, it makes more sense to just take the plunge for another year (I'd probably take another short trip before it would expire, which is what really makes it $$ sense). But, I am having issues with the timing, specifically with respect to WDW fastpasses.

My current AP expires April 7. I will be getting a new one very quickly after that date because of the possibility of SWGE AP previews, and because I just tend to go to DLR a lot (I live nearby). HOWEVER, my trip will be planned for May 2-7, which makes a FP booking date of March 3. If I don't have active tickets or an AP in my WDW profile, I will not be able to make the FPs in advance, so I would have to wait until April, when I get a new Premier AP at a DLR ticket booth (plus probably a few days to get Disney IT to activate it properly in the WDW system).

I know I have followed threads on this board about people renewing just a WDW AP, who've had similar issues with timing, and a solution has been to buy a WDW ticket and use that to upgrade to an AP when you get there. But, would I be able to take that WDW ticket and combine it with my DLR AP to form a Premier AP? I'm thinking not, based on other threads I've seen, but I think I've read some places where people did have luck doing that at a WDW ticket booth... I also don't think you can pre-purchase a Premier AP voucher at Disneyland (i.e. when you buy it, it becomes active that day)...

Any other strategies or thoughts people have?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter