• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need help with dining reservations

carmel

<font color=blue>Kept thinking it was 'Snow White'
There are two restaurants I want to be sure to go to: Blue Bayou and Ariel's grotto. I have some questions:

1) Do the reservations for Blue Bayou have to be made in person? Can you telephone the morning of the day you want them?
2) Do the princesses always show up for meals at Ariel's grotto or are they just for dinner or just for lunch? Is this a restaurant I need to call 90 days out of when I'm going to be there? If so, does anyone know the number?

Thanks SO much!!

You may make reservations up to 60 days ahead of time for both. The number is 714-781-DINE(3463).

I would call and make the reservations ahead of time. You can make them for up to 60 days out.

Thanks!!!

Wow, Birnbaum's was wrong. It said you needed to make reservations at BB in person. My daughters really want to eat there.

Do the princesses show up at dinner and lunch at Ariel's grotto?

They did not used to take reservations for Blue Bayou. That is a fairly recent (within the last year or two) change. You used to have to show up at the podium on the morning of the day you wanted to dine in order to make your reservations. But now you can call ahead. Much handier for this night owl, who had to get up early the day she wanted to eat at BB in order to get a decent reservation time. ;)

carmel said:
Wow, Birnbaum's was wrong. It said you needed to make reservations at BB in person.

How old is your edition of Birnbaum's? I have the 2005 edition and it clearly states to call Disney Dining for Priority Seatings at Blue Bayou, and lists Disney Dining's phone number.

There are only princesses at AG now. At times you will get 5 princesses and other times only 4. It is not good to go around parade time because you will not get to see Snow White or Cinderella as they have to leave to be in the parade.

I'm thinking of bringing along my daughter's Cinderella dress, we just bought it for Halloween, on our Disney trip. I love the pictures people have of their little girls in the princesses outfits with the princesses.

Am I insane to drag around a dress and deal with this? I was planning on stuffing it in a locker before and after the picture. Also my husband thinks they won't let people wander around inside the park dressed up like the princesses. Any thoughts or suggestions?

There is a thread about this exact question of yours right now. ABSOLUTLY bring the dress. You will regret it if you do not. There are 100+ kids running around a day with costumes on. Most of them are princesses too! Your DD might be disappointed if you do not bring it and she sees the other kids with theirs on! My daughter will not take her dresses off all. We have never even had to bring a change of clothes for her.

Check out this thread...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=912661&goto=newpost

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter