Need Help With All-Star Movies Bldgs.

MickeyEars

DIS Veteran
Hi Guys!
I just saved $80 with the new Spring code!! We were also moved from Sports to the Movies, so now I need to know which buildings at the Movies are considered 'preferred'. I wasn't sure but I knew I could find the answer here on the DIS. Thanks so much for your help!!

Carla

The Fantasia Bldgs are considered preferred. If you want to save yourself the extr money, you could request Toy Story or Dalmations. They are also close to the food court. Toy Story will get you closer to the bus as opposed to Dalmations. We have only stayed in the 2 Dalmation Bldgs....my daughter is a Dalmation fan LOL....

mighty ducks is preffered it is right beside dalmations. we stayed there in april and really enjoyed it.
misty

We've stayed at the All-Star Movies a few times and we prefer Toy Story. The first time we stayed on the Woody side.

Now I'll always request Building 10...it's on the Buzz side, away from the courtyard though. It's also closest to the bus stops which is what we are most concerned about...getting to the parks!!!

Hope this helps...oh, we've never had any noise problems in Building 10.

:smooth:

We always request Toy Story. We like the Woody side at the very back that faces the very small parking lot. This has been the best location for us since we drive. You don't have to pay extra for an upgraded area room, yet you are still very close to the food court and the buses. You are still close to the pool but not so close that you hear all the noise. There are usually less people in this area during the slower times so it is very quiet.

Unless it has changed since January the only prefered buildings at ASMo are the fantasia ones. One smoking and one non smoking. They are located closest to the main building. You pay an extra 10 dollars a night and are assured this building. Toy story is almost as close as fantasia and has a better themed area but you can only request this building. You are not assured this building and can be assigned any building. I asked once, to pay the 10 extra for the prefered building and them get Toy story but they said no. It is very much a personal choice as to if it is worth the extra cost. We have had a prefered room and thought is was worth it but are thinking of taking our chances with another building this year as we are trying ASsports for the first time.

Jordan's mom

Herbie building 7, it is just past Fantasia 2000 prefered, and I could cut through to get to my stairs (sorry, forgot the room #), I had maybe a 1 or 2 minute longer walk for $10.00 less per night.

I was in Mighty Ducks in April, it is not preferred, unless the fact the it is right next to the ASMu food court and bus stop! I found both of these building very quite. Even when there were lots of kids out, they were in the pool, and there is little noise.

Have a great trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would request either dalmatians or toy story. These are the closest buildings to the ASMovies foodcourt, lobby, and bus stop.
Fantasia is the preferred building and is located right between dalmatians and toy story.

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions!! I think I will request one of the Toy Story buildings per your advice. Thanks again!!

Carla

Originally posted by MickeyEars
Thanks everyone for the great suggestions!! I think I will request one of the Toy Story buildings per your advice. Thanks again!!

Carla

Carla, take special not of the stairwell disguises, the ones at Toy Story are too cute for words. I would post a picture, but that would spoil your fun, Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter