Need help quick! Ice cream flavors in Japan???

piratesmate

<font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t
Can anyone help with this? Son's fiance needs to know 3 flavors of ice cream unique to Japan for a nutrition assignment. Can anyone help? Will ask on CB also.

TIA

Saw where you had gotten many responses over on the CB, but thought I'd post this here just in case you wanted to take a look at this!! I have a friend who spent 2 years teaching English in Japan. She wrote on-line "letters" to all of us back here at home so we could keep up with her. In one personal e-mail I sent to her, I told her about my trip to New England and my visit to Ben & Jerry's. She posted a "community letter" on her website shortly thereafter that is rather amusing. The "ice cream" segment starts about halfway down the page (there are about 5 short paragraphs that mention specifics). Thought the personal anecdote might be a fun "extra" for you and your future DIL to read or use for the class (like you have nothing else to do, right?;) )

Liberty

LOL--the board automatically censored part of the web address I was going to link to this since it thought it was profane (it's not, I might add :))! I've PM'd you with the link (hopefully).

Thanks Liberty! The PM was 'censored' too! ;) I thought that was funny! I was able to figure it out (having worked for Japanese clients for several years), but I wouldn't have thought it would bleep out those letters in the middle of a "word"!! Aren't computers wonderful??

I got such a chuckle from that letter. It was a good way to start my day. (I had gone to sleep before I saw your post.)

Thanks again!

d

P.S. My almost DIL thanks you, too!

Hi, I'm new to the board and this is my first post.
I spoke with a friend who spent time in Japan and he offers this:
Although Japan doesn't regularly use dairy in their diets due to land constraints (no room for cows!), many Japanese restaurants in the U.S. offer Red Bean Ice Cream or Green Tea Ice Cream as a dessert selection on their menus. He says the Japanese don't really have a "native" ice cream, per se.
I hope this helps!

Hi DisDreamer! I'm so glad you found us. I'm honored that your first post is to answer my question. :D

I hope you find lots of recipes and many new friends here!

I appreciate the input. It's funny - my almost-DIL was surprised at the question because of the land/cow issue & also something about lactose intolerance.

Thanks again for the info!

d

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter