Need help from the DIS guys out there!

What most have said here.
But it all depends what your husband likes.

Personally just GOING to WDW is cool enough ..

1) Postpone your anniversary trip until the Star Wars Hotel is available (if he is a Star Wars Fan)
2) Book a backstage tour (I personally would like the train one)
3) Dinner at LeCellier

Wow, how'd you manage all that!? That's great! I would just have to figure out how to get rid of him for an hour or so!
I did a similar thing for our 25th anniversary. I bought two dozen Disney stuffed animals to decorate the room, but I couldn't break away from DW and kids to set it up. CM to the rescue, who delivered them to the room and placed them throughout the villa. (Some comically, Winnie the Pooh was in the bathroom.) I also had a couple framed pictures of early Disney trips added to the room. We faux renewed our wedding vows in France/Epcot, in a quiet corner behind the main shop. The cake I special ordered from Disney (raspberry filling) was waiting in our room when we returned from Epcot.

Mainly, I think it was the surprise element of walking into an oasis of Disney that impressed my DW.

How about dinner at the California Grill and then watch the fireworks from there that night. My DH really enjoyed watching the MK fireworks from there.

Not a guy, but my husband is a foodie, so if it was me I would do a nice dinner for him! You'll be there during Food & Wine so you could also looking into booking an event and surprising him with it. Or, looking for another experience on property - I like the carriage ride ideas, or maybe the monorail dinner thing, or something simpler like the wine tasting at Jiko?

I'm a guy and it is easy to please me. I don't need more "stuff". I have too much stuff that just needs to go. If you are looking for anniversary thing to do, find something you can do together. I would go on one of those AK Safari Treks. That would be fun. Sign up for a fishing excursion or something. All I know is if I get more stuff after spending 2 days cleaning my garage out of all the useless "stuff" I get, it is just going straight to the trash. It is not worth keeping stuff. I prefer an experience now.

Yeah, I agree. The safari would be cool. Even doing just the regular old safari ride, with just DW, would be awesome. Ideally, do it at sunset. Then grab dinner at Flametree BBQ, and then maybe walk around checking out the street party in. That would be a great night for me with DW.

Someone mentioned the Minnie van thing WDW is now offering. I'm actually a complete cheapskate. I stay offsite, don't eat in the restaurants much (doing Flametree would be a one time thing, we bring almost all of our own food into the parks), think the cabanas in water parks are a total waste of money, as is the Express Transport, etc... I'm just cheap that way. The Minnie van thing falls into the same category for me...seems like a very expensive way to get around when I can do it for free with my own car. However, I admit that for a "what the heck, do it once" night, I'd probably have fun with it.

Someone mentioned the Minnie van thing WDW is now offering. I'm actually a complete cheapskate. I stay offsite, don't eat in the restaurants much (doing Flametree would be a one time thing, we bring almost all of our own food into the parks), think the cabanas in water parks are a total waste of money, as is the Express Transport, etc... I'm just cheap that way. The Minnie van thing falls into the same category for me...seems like a very expensive way to get around when I can do it for free with my own car. However, I admit that for a "what the heck, do it once" night, I'd probably have fun with it.

Definitely agree on the cheapskate thought. That's part of my problem. I want to do something great, but have limits as to what I can justify spending. We do stay onsite, usually renting DVC to cut costs. Love the ambiance without the high cost. As for the Minnie van, would not normally do it or need it, since we rent a car. But thought it would be a good idea to be able to relax and not have to worry about driving in case we indulged too much.

Appreciate all the ideas, now I can pick what I think DH will like the most. I love them all!!!

I've done the Highway in the Sky Dine-Around ..for me it was definitely worth it for the money -and just about every one in the group felt they would do it again, no questions asked. I'm a little picky but I ate everything and everything was fantastic.

The other suggestion I have is to book a Segway tour -I believe they only do the them at Fort Wilderness now. I did it years ago when they offered it at Epcot ...this was one of the coolest things I've done at Disney(and I've been going for 25+ years).

If money isn't too much of an issue, I would consider doing a Segway Tour In the AM, Then do the Highway in the Sky for the evening.

Definitely agree on the cheapskate thought. That's part of my problem. I want to do something great, but have limits as to what I can justify spending. We do stay onsite, usually renting DVC to cut costs. Love the ambiance without the high cost. As for the Minnie van, would not normally do it or need it, since we rent a car. But thought it would be a good idea to be able to relax and not have to worry about driving in case we indulged too much.

Appreciate all the ideas, now I can pick what I think DH will like the most. I love them all!!!

If it's your anniversary, that is a time to splurge on at least one day of the trip. Now, you need to look at things you can both enjoy and build on that. A nice dinner is a must. There are a lot of guy things at Disney if you just look around. Star Wars and the Safaris many guys would appreciate. I am not personally a sports fan, but do enjoy golf. Good stress relief. If he enjoys that, you could play a round together or book him a round while you have a spa/shopping day. Look at any special tours and events as a starting point. All men appreciate good food though, so can't go wrong there. Do keep in mind that new construction begins in Hollywood Studios and Epcot starting in August, so you may need to allow extra time for anything in either of those parks.

Segway tour could be fun.

Private boat rental.

Play in one of the arcades is fun as well. My wife and I like to compete at ski ball and the basketball game.

I like the idea of doing your own highway in the sky. Start off at Poly at Trader Sams when it opens (I think around 5 or so). Get some drinks and apps there. Move onto Grand Floridian and hang out in the lobby and listen to piano or band with a couple glasses of wine. There's a bar on the 2nd floor -- hit that up. Get a ressie for Cali Grill that is timed with fireworks and do dinner there.

For my DH, the best things I can do on a trip just for us, is eliminate the things that stress him out about travel and Disney. For our November trip, I am doing the express transportation to eliminate the hassle of hopping on busses, a dessert party at MK, as he hates finding a place for fireworks, and the DxDDP, so that we can pretty much eat whatever and wherever we want without worrying about it. It may not seem romantic, but I know it adds to his trip.

Or try something for the two of you -- do the aqua tour/swim in the dive tank at Living Seas. You get float devices, snorkel equipment, and a truly unique experience. You can then do a lovely dinner at Le Cellier, Yachtsman or any other good choice.

Happy anniversary! We're celebrating ours in October. I'm watching daily for the Highway in the Sky dining to open up for our trip. I've booked 2 nights at the Grand Floridian to just hang out before we move to the Boardwalk (we're renting points also!), but that is more for me. There really isn't much else he would enjoy, he did the scuba diving in Epcot once before, and I've done Keys to the Kingdom and Wild Africa trek on my solo trips. He's not that much of a Disney fan compared to me!

Really want to do the Highway in the Sky, but it's totally booked. Should have grabbed it when it was available a couple weeks ago! Thinking I may be able to do this on my own, but probably won't be as organized as Disney!

DH loves hanging at Tambuu Lounge, so maybe we'll do that, go out and watch the electrical parade and the fireworks and head back to Saratoga. We will be doing MNSSHP the night of our actual anniversary, basically hitting the rides and trick or treating, so I don't know how romantic that will be!

Play in one of the arcades is fun as well. My wife and I like to compete at ski ball and the basketball game.

Love the arcades, getting a bit embarrassing as a 57 year old. I'm an expert at Galaga, DH is not so good at the video games. But we both love pinball and are very competitive. Problem is finding machines, they seem to have gotten rid of a lot of them, and when we do find some, often they aren't working!

As for the basketball game, he loves it, played it in school for years. But I am pitiful at it so I try to avoid it. Maybe I can do a best of five tournament with him. It would make him pretty happy winning, since I do usually kick butt at pinball!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!