Need help from the DIS guys out there!

DisneyDeb83

Mouseketeer
DH and I will be in Disney for our 30th anniversary in September. I want to do something special for him, but can't think of anything! Seems there are lots of ideas for the women, flowers, candy, champagne etc. but what would the guys like to receive? We are doing MNSSHP the actual night of anniversary, but other than that, no plans. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I'm a guy...at least I think. :upsidedow

Are you looking for an experience or to buy him something? What about doing a horse drawn carriage ride? They do them at Port Orleans. DW and I were supposed to do one a few weeks ago, but it got rained out. But that would have been fun. For buying things, I'm a typical guy...not too into material things. But I do like some things they have there. It would all depend on DH tastes.

If it's during MNSSHP then you might try to snag a carriage ride at Ft Wilderness instead. There's a lot to see over there around Halloween. But they do book up so you'd just have to check.

If he fishes or plays golf then there are def some options there too

I sneak decorated our hotel room just for him.
When we got back from dinner he walked in to a huge suprise, candles, champagne, men's toiletries, pjs, slippers, Disneys lady and the tramp stuffed animals, rose petals.
He really loved it, and by doing it myself it was way cheaper than what Disney offered and it was a better display of stuff.

I guess that's the main issue. Being a guy, he doesn't really care about things. I just want to do something he might really enjoy. Since I'm the one who is Disney obsessed I feel like everything we do is more for me. If our vacations were up to him we'd be at some MLB game. We will be at ESPN club both Sundays to watch the Eagles game, so that is something. But nothing new, since we do that every year. Figure that's the least I can do!

I sneak decorated our hotel room just for him.
When we got back from dinner he walked in to a huge suprise, candles, champagne, men's toiletries, pjs, slippers, Disneys lady and the tramp stuffed animals, rose petals.
He really loved it, and by doing it myself it was way cheaper than what Disney offered and it was a better display of stuff.

Wow, how'd you manage all that!? That's great! I would just have to figure out how to get rid of him for an hour or so!

I guess that's the main issue. Being a guy, he doesn't really care about things. I just want to do something he might really enjoy. Since I'm the one who is Disney obsessed I feel like everything we do is more for me. If our vacations were up to him we'd be at some MLB game. We will be at ESPN club both Sundays to watch the Eagles game, so that is something. But nothing new, since we do that every year. Figure that's the least I can do!

Well...if you're Eagles fans, then at least he's got good taste (native Philadelphian).

Decorating the room is a really cool idea, if he'd appreciate that sort of thing. I'd appreciate the work DW put into it for sure, but beyond that, it really wouldn't be my thing. It would be mostly lost on me...only you know if DH would appreciate that.

If he's not a guy who cares about "things", like me, then don't sweat it. In our case, I'm more Disney obsessed than DW, though she does enjoy it too. Just think of something to do that he'd enjoy doing with you. When DW and I have date nights at WDW, that's all I care about. I don't care about rides, shopping or anything else. As long as I'm spending quality time with DW and we at least have SOMETHING to do so that we're not just staring at each other, I'm happy. I know that sounds corny, but it's very true...at least for me. I was really looking forward to our carriage ride, and was bummed it got rained out. But we quickly made a back up plan (it actually stopped raining). We went to the boardwalk. Had dessert at the Boardwalk Bakery, then rented a surrey bike for 30 minutes and pedaled around. Hopped back into HS (we had our car) and did a few rides together. Had a wonderful time, it's one of my fondest memories of the trip.

I think it depends on what he likes. He may not be into carriage rides or stuffed animals. If he likes to fish you could get him a guided fishing excursion. If he likes to golf, get him a full on round of golf at one of the really nice Disney golf courses. Does he like steaks; take him to one of the better dining options for steak. If he likes trains, the train tour is cool. Maybe a massage from one of the spas if he likes that.

The idea to decorate your room would be cool too. I think you just need to personalize to his likes. Maybe get him some Eagles stuff to surprise him (lot's of ways to get rid of him for 15 minutes, just have everything ready to put out). Maybe room service one evening.

I think you know him best, so he will appreciate anything you do.

Is there any sort of VIP experience or seating at ESPN Club that you can reserve? I've never been but since the Eagles games seem to be his priority I would put my focus there. Or a great meal somewhere - Cali Grill, Jiko, etc? Great food is usually a winner :)

Wow, how'd you manage all that!? That's great! I would just have to figure out how to get rid of him for an hour or so!

I went into the bathroom and unpacked and staged everything. Used the safe to hide things in also.

When we left that night to go to dinner I pretended to leave something in the room after we got halfway to our car.
I told him I would be right back, and took off.
In about 5 minutes flat I laid it all out and RAN (ha!) back to the car.
It worked out perfectly- he had no idea.

Trying to quote the highway in the sky link, but am a bit technologically challenged! I do love this idea, but the budget-minded part of me thinks the cost is too high for what you get. It sounds like a lot of fun! Maybe I can plan this out on my own. DH does love being at Tambuu Lounge at Poly!

So many good ideas!

Klayfish, you are so sweet, not corny at all! The best thing, besides just being at Disney is being there with him!

And maybe I'll hold off on the mid August birthday gifts and load up up the Eagles memorabilia for the room, with an ice filled bucket of beer to go along with it!

We just celebrated our 25th at POR in May. I booked a carriage ride for him around the resort which so beautiful and not too expensive. We then took a taxi over to Shula's Steakhouse at the Dolphin. Best steak I've ever eaten and service was top notch plus they brought a special desert for the two of to share at the end of the meal for our anniversary. After dinner, we took the boat launch over to Epcot and strolled around the countries, finishing up a coffee and dessert from France and watched Illuminations. I was a spectacular evening!

Just looked again at the Highway in the Sky package, thinking "What the heck, it's our anniversary, I'm going to do it!". But, it's totally booked for our entire stay. So that's out, unless someone cancels. I may try to plan it on my own, adding one of the Minnie vans to take us back to the hotel in case there is too much alcohol involved!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!