Need help for Out of Pocket suggestions plz!

magyargirl

Mouseketeer
We are 5 days out! And there will be 5 traveling (4 adults, 1 child turning 10 on trip) and we will have 3 of us on the DxDP (2 separate reservations). So we will be sharing our 81 ts and 54 snack credits between the 5 of us. With the adrs I have done, the total credits needed would be 90. So we are going to be 9 credits short. I am trying to figure out which adrs would be cheapest to pay out of pocket and which should be on the plan. I checked a lot of menus but its hard to say because depends on what everyone eats. I know tiffins, crt, boathouse, and brown derby will def be on the plan since they are expensive and 2 credits but from there I am stuck. I was even thinking to oay for dd's meals out of pocket...except the 2 credit meals and the fireworks pkg meals. Can anyone please give me suggestions as to which meals we should pay out of pocket? We were also planning on using much of our snack credits on breakfast as well. Here is my adr list...

Raglan Rd-dinner

Tiffins ROL-lunch

CRT-breakfast
The Wave-dinner

BOG-dinner

Teppan Edo-lunch
Spice Rd Table-dinner

Ohana-breakfast
Boathouse-dinner

Coral Reef-lunch
Biergarten-dinner

Brown Derby Fant!-lunch

Sanaa-lunch
Boma-dinner

Thanks so much! :-)

If your child is nine when the trip starts, then as far as Disney is concerned he or she is "child" for the whole trip....tickets and meals.
So pay oop for kids meals.

Problem is she is tall and already looks 12! Lol! I wonder if they would question it?

Problem is she is tall and already looks 12! Lol! I wonder if they would question it?

If they ask her then tell then the truth. Her birthday is/was this day and she just turned 10. They won’t ask for proof.

Thanks! So she can eat off the kids menus all week? We are arriving friday, her bday is sunday and we leave the following saturday.

I was even thinking to oay for dd's meals out of pocket...except the 2 credit meals and the fireworks pkg meals. Can anyone please give me suggestions as to which meals we should pay out of pocket? We were also planning on using much of our snack credits on breakfast as well. Here is my adr list...

As PP said, anywhere a la carte that your DD wants to order a kid's meal, pay for that one OOP. All buffet and package meals, you don't want to pay OOP for her if you can avoid it.

If DD's OOP meals don't add up to 9, then pick some of your a la carte meals and do a mixture. Order two meals (the most expensive) using credits, and pay OOP for the other two meals and share. You'll still have two apps and two desserts on the table to share, so just pay for the cheaper entrees OOP.

Thanks! So she can eat off the kids menus all week? We are arriving friday, her bday is sunday and we leave the following saturday.
Yep!
And, they won't question you about her age once you have told them.
At CRT, since you probably use credit, make her an adult so she gets a bigger/better breakfast.
i'd probably pay oop for any of these...
Raglan Rd-dinner

Tiffins ROL-lunch (save two credits)

The Wave-dinner

BOG-dinner

Teppan Edo-lunch
Spice Rd Table-dinner

Boathouse-dinner (save two credits)

Coral Reef-lunch

Brown Derby Fant!-lunch (save two credits)

Sanaa-lunch

Yep!
And, they won't question you about her age once you have told them.
At CRT, since you probably use credit, make her an adult so she gets a bigger/better breakfast.
i'd probably pay oop for any of these...
Raglan Rd-dinner

Tiffins ROL-lunch (save two credits)

The Wave-dinner

BOG-dinner

Teppan Edo-lunch
Spice Rd Table-dinner

Boathouse-dinner (save two credits)

Coral Reef-lunch

Brown Derby Fant!-lunch (save two credits)

Sanaa-lunch
I didnt think about OOP for tiffins or Brown Derby. That one meal would save us the 9 credits we need. Thanks for the suggestion! :-)

I didnt think about OOP for tiffins or Brown Derby. That one meal would save us the 9 credits we need. Thanks for the suggestion! :-)

But you still need to do the math. Assuming that the child is one of the 3 on the plan, each TS credit is "worth" about $25.

The Brown Derby F! pkg is $69.23 per adult, but only $23.43 for your child. So, yes, I would probably pay OOP for the child, but not the adults.

Tiffins is $67 and $26, so again, paying OOP for the child is a better value.

If you're wanting to maximize the monetary value of your credits, paying OOP for just an entrée for some adults at your a la carte places is going to be cheaper than paying for everyone at the preset priced restaurants.

I didnt realize the dining package for F! and ROL is more than the standard menu price. We really want to experience all these restaurants and I was thinking even to just pay most of dd's meals oop and I think that may take care of it.

Since dd can order off kids menu during our entire stay, I decided we would just pay 9 of her meals oop. It is cheaper that way. We have 14 adrs so it looks like the most expensive meal may be $20.00. Thank you for the suggestions. They got me digging into more info. I am going to keep all of our dining receipts to see if we came out ahead at the end. :-)

You could also share meals at any place that's not a buffet or an all you can eat. You have several that would be easy to share meals especially given that you also get an appetizer on the DXDP so you'd be sharing 3 appetizers, 3 entrees & 3 desserts among 5 people. That's still plenty of food. We've stretched the regular DP very easily between 5 of us to fit in more TS meals. With the DXDP it would have been even easier & I consider my family to be relatively big eaters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter