need help fast with which resort

lomillerin

DIS Veteran
I called and can get the entertainment rate from Aug. 3 for 4 nights at the RPH- water view-$125, HRH-$135 water view, or the PBH- $155 standard view.

I will be with husband and 2 kids. 11yr boy and 4 yr old girl.

I like clean more than anything else.

Is PBH as kid friendly?

Is HRH too loud?

Is the RPH too far away?

Which has the best pool and kid activities? We will be staying at the hotel for an entire day and want to feel comfortable.
Thanks,
Lo

My vote would be for HRH. They have a water slide and they have ice cream!

I can highly recommend the PBH. I have stayed at both the HRH and PBH and I would vote for PBH. This resort is great. The rooms are beautiful, the grounds are lovely, good restaurants, and a great pool area for the kids (with a slide).

The PBH is quiet and relaxing after a hectic day at the parks. It is absolutely kid-friendly. You don't have to worry about that.

You can't make a mistake, however. All the resorts are great.

I still would like help from someone on the hotels at Universal.

Is PBH as memorable for kids? I think this would be my choice and since I can get ent. rate it is great, but would kids understand the theme?

I also think HRH sounds like a blast, but am concerned it may be a younger crowd and maybe that constant music would not be as relaxing, but would the kids like it?

RPR is also inviting. I am a beach person and love the idea of the South Pacific, but since it is said to be the lower of the three that concerns me.

I like that it is new, since I am a clean freak. I can't stand worn hotels or moldy showers, hairs etc.

I know it is smaller also, but I am not sure that is of a concern to me.

I read a few negative things about service and friendliness there.

I am thinking HRH one minute and then I think of the South Pacific v. Rock and think RPH. Then, I think PBH for luxury.
We are doing Disney for 5 nights before Universal and then going on a 3 day Disney cruise to end the trip. We take one big trip a year. I am having the same problem with deciding on a Disney hotel. Since they don't offer many discounts, I am trying to decide on the best for the money. Thinking about Swan, but concerned it is older and not Disney.

Please Help!
LO

I have not stayed at Universal as of yet, but I will be staying at PR. This hotel offers some very attractive rates. I have stayed at the Dolphin at Disney,again for a great rate, and was very pleased.

Your kids will love PBH my 10 dd thinks is so cool there. It has a great slide a pizza parlor and gameroom all right near the pool where the 11 yo ds of yours could get away from you guys without actually "getting outta your sight".LOL Not to mention there's a great gelato "ice cream" shop across the piazza for you guys to grab a quick trip on the way back to your rooms at night. And you and your spouse would be exceptionally (sp) happy with the romance and beauty of the grounds and the lush marbles and titles and don't forget to look up the chandileirs (sp) are amazing.

OK, here's my two cents:
We have stayed at all three Universal Resorts. HRH is my
absolute favorite hotel. I love the rock and roll atmosphere
everywhere. My sons (13 & 9) love it there. The pool is just
the best because I love just floating around listening to the
underwater speakers--so relaxing. The dive-in movie/concert
is great. Great water slide. Proximity to the parks cannot be
beaten. You are literally right next to the Studios. It's like a
three minute walk. I just wish there was maybe one additional
restaurant option. Other than that, HRH is perfection.

PBH would be second on our list. The beach pool is fantastic,
I think the slide there may be even better than HRH, but it's
close to a tie. The big plus for our family is the number of
places to eat/snack at PBH. It has it all over the other two
resorts in this area. PBH does have the longest walk to the parks. It would take about 15 minutes to get there. We always
took the boat. We had no transportation problems, boat
service was good. PBH has the largest rooms of the three
resorts, but all were more than adequate for our family of four.

RPR was the only hotel where we encountered problems. Most
of these were because we stayed there a few weeks after they
opened last year and they still needed to get the kinks worked
out. Overall, it is a beautiful hotel. A big drawback for my kids is
that there is no slide at this pool. There is a children's play area,
but no slide. We would consider staying at RPR again but only
for a good rate or if we couldn't get into HRH or PBH.

For the poster who raised cleanliness as an issue--have no fear,
all three hotels are top notch. This will not be a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!