• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

need help! anyone made a scrapbook for another?

rsjj

DIS Veteran
i'm making a scrapbook for a colleague, as a favor. i am not very close to him, and since i love to scrapbook, and he just went on a big trip & had all these pix just in a box, i mentioned that "you should put it into a scrapbook!" and thus, that is why i'm where i'm at.

anyways, it's hard for me to make a scrapbook for someone i don't really know, cuz to me, scrapbooking in very personal. and i love to journal, etc. do any of you have any wonderful ideas & suggestions, that i can incorporate into his scrapbook?

any & all ideas & suggestions are welcomed & appreciated! thank you in advance! :wave2:

I know what you mean, I scrapbook for hire and at times it can be very hard to get into it. I DO NOT journel for them, I leave a little journel box on the pages and give them a pen and tell them to go at it.
I try to make the book the way I would like it and so far that has worked for the people that have hired me. For the most part they don't have a clue and tell me to use my judgement with the exception of size of the book

augh
I made the mistake of taking on my sisters trip to Hawaii pictures -
it is VERY hard to scrap for someone else -
cuz pictures I would normally not include I feel like I have to - Like you said you can't journal anything, etc.

I decided to use all SEI paper so the entire album coordinates nicely - I left journal boxes plain - and I did a lot of 'hidden' pictures. (when there were 7 pictures of the same waterfall - lol)

Just remember that they will love it even if it is PLAIN and that otherwise it would have stayed in the box!

I still have to finish my sisters even though I said I would hve it done by christmas
:guilty:

good luck!

It is definitley harder doing someone else's!! Since I have plenty of solid cardstock, I sent her to Hobby Lobby when stickers & paper were on sale. Told her to pick out lots of stickers and patterned paper that she liked.

I also had her go through several idea books and pick out some ideas that she liked. We worked together, but I did most of the cropping. She would help adhesive things and put them on the page. I would ask her if she needed small, med or large journaling spots. Definitely had her do the journaling.

It worked really well. Sure makes you want to go on a cruise after working with her pics.

Hope that helps.
janine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter