Need good DisneyLand advice!!

3kids4me

<font color=magenta>Besotted Pin Lover<br><font co
Hi everyone,

We're taking our first-ever trip to Disneyland on Saturday. Unlike our trips to WDW, I have done no planning...no reservations anywhere (I don't even know if they have character meals at DLR!). I just heard about something called "Walk in Walt's Footsteps" that is supposed to be good? Anyway, what I'm looking for is some good advice on what not to miss with kids age 11, 8 1/2, and 4.

Thanks so much!

Our favorite is at Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland hotel.

But they have several others, including the Storytellers Cafe at Grand Californian, And one at the Plaza Inn on Main street at DL. You may want to make advanced reservations before you go.
714-781-3463.

smiles Patty

There aren't as many Character meals at Disneyland as at WDW. Going to Disneyland is way different but very fun. The Storytellers Cafe ( at the Grand Californian hotel) and Plaza Inn (inn Disneyland) only have Characters for breakfast. Goofy's Kitchen is at the Disneyland hotel and serves Breakfast and Dinner and maybe lunch but someone else will have to chime in here.
At Disneyland make sure you see the stuff that is not at WDW such as the Matterhorn, Alice in Wonderland, Pinnochio, The Storybook Land Canal Boats, Toontown andRoger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin, Indiana Jones, Mr Toad's Wild Ride (hell is shorter but better than WDW's was). Space Mountiain is a little more wild and more fun. Peter Pan is shorter with better effects and of course Pirates of the Caribbean is almost twice as long with two drops, one of them being longer than at WDW. If you are planning on seeing Disney's California Advernture there are duplicates of Muppet Vision and It's Tough to be a Bug from WDW. The new Flik's Fun Fair is well themed but with rides mostly for the real little ones. See Soarin' over California, The Animation buildin, The Aladdin show and if it is not too cold the Grizzley Rapids is fun too. There are some other more education exhibits such as Season's of the vine and Golden dreams that are good but may be boring for the kids. Have fun.

I just went on the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour last week and it's not something young kids would enjoy. It's $49/person and is 3 1/2 hours long. You do a lot of listening to the guide and you get to see the Enchanted Tiki Room and the lobby of Club 33. Usually you get to see the Disney apartment over the Gallery, but it was closed when I went on the tour. At the end you get lunch/dinner which is your choice of salad or sandwich, a drink and dessert. It was quite interesting, but I didn't think it was worth the price. I had hoped for more behind the scenes stuff, but there wasn't really any.

If you have any Princess lovers there is a new short parade called the Disney Princess Royal Fanfare (or something close to that). It 's a parade for Snow White, Cinderella, Belle and Sleeping Beauty down Main Street and to the Small World Promenade (area between Small World and Fantasyland). The princesses then have a meet and greet area. It was very cute and much enjoyed by the princess lovers. It runs three times a day Friday - Sunday.

Definately check out Toon Town. It's much larger than WDW's Toon Town Fair and has Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin. You can also meet Mickey and Minnie in their houses or see Donald, Pluto or Pluto out and about. It also has some fun activities for small ones, such as Goofy's Bounce House.

Also, for a fun break from the rides, check out Billy Hill and the Hillbillies at the Diamond Horseshoe. They are hilarious and kids enjoy them as much as adults. You can have some lunch or a snack as you watch the show if you like.

This is just the kind of advice I was looking for! Thanks so much!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter